Guest viewing is limited

TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@madinana, wonderful picture of you and your granddaughters. They are adorable! Time has really passed me by as I had no idea your surgery is this Monday!!!! I can't believe it's here already. I don't know why the doctor said your second knee would be harder. Of course I think mine ended up worse because of the horrible PT that I went to that first week. I just got so inflamed and it took it weeks to calm down. Now I feel good. I'm sure you will do great this time!!!!!!
If I don't get a chance to talk to you again, good luck on Monday. Sending hugs, Anne
 
Hi @madinana, sounds like you are ready to go. Blessings and prayers be with you. @Minnie's knees, did not realize you were scheduled as well. Many blessings and prayers to you as well. I wish you both well wishes and a speedy recovery. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@tiredwife @yorkiemom @nana moon27 @chestnc @gr82cu @ConnieJOS @new knee in June @marmora @Minnie's knees and whoever I forgot (not intentionally) Well it here the day before
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
I am prepared yes, bags pack nest almost completely ready I know what going to be done but I am very nervous, :scare:I am on edge and feeling :rolleyes: I think its hard as know my first knee I really did not have an awful recovery was pretty well blessed except for calf and elephant leg. I won't have my daughter in law here and worried about when I come home :groan: and being foolish and afraid I will do :no-fin: OCID and well love my husband to pieces but I just do see him as a caregiver I remember taking care of his mother and we were living there as we had the night duty (other siblings were not forth coming to help) and he got frustrated and left me so I know this is not his thing. So now I am having all sorts of doubts, and spilling my guts here I am sorry I just had to let this out :sad: :boohoo:Thanks for listening even though you had no choice I am sorry I just feel so alone this morning sorry to be such a downer I am off to fold clothes dryer just stopped :sigh:
 
@madinana (((((((((hugs))))))) I am sorry you are feeling down today and your nerves are working overtime. It will be okay. :ok: You are not alone, you have all of us cheering for you and we are here to listen anytime. You have been there to listen and cheer for others and now it is your turn to be on the receiving end. :flwrysmile: I hear your concerns about not having your daughter in law there and how your husband will respond. I am having a lot of the same feelings and can certainly relate. My husband will try hard but has never had to be a caregiver and I am not sure how he will handle it. Maybe they will surprise us! As far as the ODIC we will probably be there together at times but we will get through this. Wishing you a very stress free and relaxing day as you finish your last minute preparations.
 
@madinana Ah Laurie, wish I could be there! The first week will be the hardest and then you will be fine on your own. Just make sure you have lots to drink and snacks near by your nest. Have your cane handy to move your leg. You will have home nurse popping in so that will help. I hope you have learned not to ODIC.
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@madinana I think it's normal to feel some doubts and apprehension before surgery. Just take things a day at a time and try not to worry. It will all work out. You did so well with your first knee, I can't imagine this one being any harder. You know what to expect, you dealt with it before, and you can do it again. I go in Tuesday, and I'm hoping this knee will be easier than the last one! My left knee was very crooked and I think I had a lot mor swelling and bruising from what they had to do to straighten it. This one is not nearly as crooked, so maybe they won't have to hurt me as much to fix it. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and can't wait to hear your good reports of how well you are doing afterwards! And if you feel the need to vent frustrations afterward we will be jere to listen to that to. Ya gotta do what you gotta do!
 
@madinana I'm sorry you are feeling so sad and down today. Although none of us can physically be with you, and we would be if we could, we will be here in spirit. If things get overwhelming just come here and let it all out! Unfortunately most men are just not great caregivers so you're not alone there. I remember on my first full day home Kent didn't even think to ask if I wanted/needed something to eat. I languished all morning and finally by around 1:30 in the afternoon I was starving. So I got up and headed to the kitchen where he came in to ask what I was doing. I told him I was starving and needed something to eat as I hadn't eaten since dinner the night before and I was going to try to make myself a sandwich or something. He could tell I was angry and I think he was embarrassed and he sincerely apologized for not even thinking to ask me and it never happened again. I was wrong for not asking or letting him know I needed something and he was wrong for not offering. So, make sure if you need something that you let your husband or whoever is with you know. @tiredwife will be lecturing you to stay out of the ODIC club, you can count on it! Just keep your eye on the prize.....TWO pain free knees are in your future :) Good luck tomorrow. We will all be waiting to hear how you got along and to know that you are ok. (((hugs)))
 
@madinana
Please Vent all you want :console2:We are here for you :) I remember that lonely feeling all to
Well :sad: I had to care give my Mother, I am the only child, I called to have her brother help me.
My aunt said " He was just diagnosed with Cancer" & can't help you. I was all by myself. :sorry:
I cried, I prayed to God, it was the worst time in my life.
The difference between you & I is "Bonesmart" you will not find a more caring, wonderful, friendly
Group of people pulling for you :friends:
Just think of all the wonderful, Pain free times with your Lovely Grand daughters :loveshwr:
Did the doctors say you could eat a little ?
Thinking of you,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@madinana, You know you are not at all alone. We are right here with you. :friends: I can imagine how you feel. I remember that feeling. Last minute jitters it may be called. You will be okay. Not too worry. It seems overwhelming that day before surgery. You may be out of commission for a little bit but no worries, you be back stronger than ever. Take good care of yourself and the best to you for tomorrow. :dancy:
 
@chestnc @tiredwife @Minnie's knees @gr82cu2 @new knee in June @ConnieJOS I want to thank you all for your kind words. I am not sure what came over me this morning I had a melt down and got the jitters as @chestnc said All I know is this is a wonderful place @bonesmart. I kept myself busy all day and even straighten the to do room and got rid of some. I did what I do best I kinda overdid a little BUT I had to keep busy or would be giving myself a pity party :heehee: So I apologize for going over the top---- so glad my husband does not read on this site, he does not like the computer :snork:. He said maybe we ought to get you a hospital bed------so I could elevate better. I said no I have the couch made and all set with my wedge. So I think he is getting a little nervous He said you come home Tuesday right I said no Wednesday. Anyway thanks for listening you all are the best!!!
 
@madinana
I just wanted to wish you a peaceful, stress free night :friends:We will be waiting for you on the
Recovery side. Here's a little trick I learned.....When you get to the hospital, tell them right
Away that you are nervous...They will give you something to make the wait very relaxing ( I
Almost fell asleep ) :heehee:
I will check tomorrow Morning in case you post.
All my Best to you,
Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom