Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quite lucky that Crystal Palace have a area for the disabled, and with me on crutches are only too happy for me to watch from there...they also bring a chair over, just for me!! and have a separate toilet that I can use if need be.
 
Loz, thats really brilliant news! I enjoy your updates and feel exactly the same way as you do about feeling so much happier! Keep up the good recovery and enjoy those football games :))
 
Dear God that was painful last night......not my hip but the football!! we won 1.0 with a last min goal, I think if I had ditched the crutch I could have played better than most of the players out there!!

Now on one Crutch and walking around OK, I feel so good.

Going to physo Friday, will be intresting to see how they say I am getting along as I have been so bad over the last year.
 
Loz,

So glad you are feeling well. Isn't it awesome to get rid of the pain? When I first read your last posts first sentence I thought "oh no" but then reading on I smiled at your football reference...onward and upward for you, continue the great healing.
 
Hi Loz, I posted here a few days ago but I guess it was one of those lost in cyber space.

So happy things are going well this time around. The difference between this THR and your last is like night and day! Long may it continue!
 
Jo are the 28mm hip replacements some of the ones that were all in the papers the other day??
No they were not. The 28mm is quite a small head and has never figured in these issues.
 
Wow..Went to the physo Friday, and can honestly say, I hurt more now than at any time since the OP (but only when I feel the inner thigh). I only did about 5 legs apart with a rubber strap, and my inner thigh proper hurts today!! but in a good way TBH, it feels like that part of my leg has not been used / stretched for over a year.

The physo was quite pleased at the speed I had come on compared to the way I was walking and feeling a week before the op.

Now to do the exercises she has given me...though I might leave the inner thigh ones for today!
 
HiLoz,

Smart to stay away from the exercises that hurt you for a few days, not good to hurt this soon! I think soreness is not so bad but the thought of pain would be icky! Just saying :)

Have a good week!
 
Well woke up this morning..had a bit of a lay in,realized I had 10 mins to get to the Dr (IRN check), got dressed quickly down the stairs and into my car...parked the car walked into the surgery and the nurse said "Oh look at you without your crutches" I looked down and had just got up and forgotten all about sticks and crutches....How good is that:yay:

Got home and walked the dog only using one stick but carrying it untill I felt myself limp!! I cant believe this from my first hip and all the trouble I had with it.
 
Loz,

What a great story! So happy for you. To be walking some without a limp is awesome. Keep up the good work:thumb:
 
Well woke up this morning..had a bit of a lay in,realized I had 10 mins to get to the Dr (IRN check), got dressed quickly down the stairs and into my car...parked the car walked into the surgery and the nurse said "Oh look at you without your crutches" I looked down and had just got up and forgotten all about sticks and crutches....How good is that:yay:

Got home and walked the dog only using one stick but carrying it untill I felt myself limp!! I cant believe this from my first hip and all the trouble I had with it.

well done Loz keep it going you are doing great
all the best
Terry
 
Posted by Loz Oh look at you without your crutches" I looked down and had just got up and forgotten all about sticks and crutches....How good is that:yay:

That my friend is top notch! Excellent report! Well done!
 
Well, that's one way to ditch your crutches, isn't it!!! Good for you!!!
 
Hi Loz

Amazing isn't it how suddenly we forget the aids... Excellent milestone well done...

How did you actually go with your appointment?

Happy Easter :)
 
It was only a INR blood check nothing to do with the hip (well I had a DVT last time and thats what they are trying to stop)

I have seen the Physo and she has recomended that I stay with one crutch at the moment because I still drop a bit on my operated side and she doesnt want me getting in that habit. And thats about right I would say.

I am alound to start on my stepper though..as long as it does not hurt or strain the scar.
 
All sounds good Loz.. enjoy your stepper
 
Happy Easter Loz,

The crutch story was funny! You are recovering a well which is exciting congratulations.

Have a great weekend!

xxooxx
 
Hi, I am glad that everything is ok and you have got the revision over with, There s only one way to go now and thats forward, Its nearly 1 year since i had my revision and I go to the gym 5 times a week and swim most days, I used to waddle when i walked before my revision but now i go on the treadmill its got me walking right again. Anyway i hope you get back to your dog walking soon.
 
Very sore today, I supose when the physo said 2 or 3 mins on the cross trainer she meant it!! 10 mins was too much, in fact both legs are sore and so are my shoulders!! must try and be more patiant. (just shows how unfit I am)

Thelandlady, I have been walking the dog from about 3 weeks on 1 crutch, I still use the 1 crutch as it stops me limping and keeps my back straight on longer walks...is what I have been told to do as my gaite is that bad!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom