TKR Leg Bruising<<

Have my 8 week follow up with the doctor on Monday. That is for the left TKA. The right one will be 16 weeks. I hope I get released for light duty. My bank account is gone.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Went to the doctor today and was cleared to go back to work without restrictions. Hope I'm ready.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
 
Well I have made it through the first 13.5 hours. Getting a bit sore and tired.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Well most of you know I work 24 hour shifts. I have been back 2 days. I have gotten off work both days exhausted. Is this normal?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Yes, in my opinion it is normal. I was exhausted going back to teaching mornings only at 3 months, can't imagine working 24 hour shifts. Because you had 2 major surgeries within the last 4 months the energy drain will be greater. Rest as much as you can. How are the knees holding up?
 
They are doing well, however, I tried an agility test for a job closer to home and I had to stop. The newest knee was not ready. I currently drive 121 miles to work.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Whoa! :scaredycat:121 miles to work! Would it be better to live closer if you like your job?
 
Yes but due to my mom's death in am committed to staying in her house while the estate is open. That is why I was trying to get a closer job.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow, lennie, a long drive and then a 24-hour shift! That must be really hard on your new knee.
No wonder you're tired after work.

I do hope you get a decent amount of time between shifts, so that you can rest up and let your knee recover.
 
I get 48 hours minus 4 hours driving time. I am still dragging after work but doing okay otherwise.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Good luck. I am just done with day 3 and exhausted as well. I cannot imagine 24 hour shift.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Tweeted my left knee (named Grumpy) today at work. 6 hours left on shift and I am uncomfortable


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Just got home. Taking a pain pill with ice and hoping for the best


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Ice, elevate and rest! And pain pills, to boot!
 
My left knee, the one done in December, is problematic. It is stiff and has a stabbing pain on the front side below the knee on the interior side. It is almost like I can feel the end of the implant. I can do anything I want and have a ROM in the 110-120 range. Any suggestions?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom