TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Reebok

The Camino de Santiago has been a goal for a few years.

Many of my friends have experienced that journey and it has marked their soul with a lasting peace.

I was in the company of two men in their mid 70's last Saturday and they have walked The Camino on three different routes in the last five years,they were very inspirational.

Everyone else at the table was talking about Rugby Scotland vs New Zealand that night.

But, when they heard that I planned on The Camino, they left the lads and came over to share their experiences with me. I think having walked The Camino has that effect.

That is what inspires me for The Camino.

Cathie
 
@tiredwife
Jackie,

It's about 10C or 50F here and dry, so far. We don't get too cold, on the winter, just more rain.
It may get down to 5C or 25F during the night, but not much lower.

And it can be several years apart between we get snow.
They say that the climate here is similar to Seattle.

Finishing breakfast and heading out to The Village for a walk.

Have a great Tuesday,
Cathie
 
@marmora Cathie,

Just popped in to say hello and see how you are doing.
Don't worry, you are doing better than you think. All your hard work will pay dividends later and remember that a positive mental attitude is worth hours of exercise!

4 months is still early days, you may be at the next plateau (of many) before you push on to the next stage. Keep walking, exercising and enjoying life - everything else will look after itself. Trust me on this; my right knee is 10 months old and has been stuck at 90% "fixed" for a couple of months, so I just tell myself that this time next year all will be sorted - if it is not, I will review my outlook next year.

I have just booked our family holiday for next July; something to look forward to - another target to work towards....

Take care and pat yourself on the back for all the good work you have done so far.

Mike
 
@marmora Missouri I nicknamed misery. It gets bitter cold in the winter and sweltering hot in the summer. You never now what to expect. I have seen it in the 90s F one day and in the 40s F the next. It is muggy all year round so in the winter the cold gets into the bones, and the summer you feel like you are breathing water. Aren't I just a great vacation advertisement for Missouri! You have a great day!
 
for so long my knees were swollen. Now they look like real knees. In fact my sister commented as much when I saw her last. They really don't feel foreign to me--maybe just new and improved. :)
 
@marmora Hi there, wasn't getting my alerts so am thread hopping. You were way on page 3! Auntie Cathie shouldn't be on page 3! Hope you are doing good. Stay warm.
 
@marmore, I forgot....like Janet, I never felt like they weren't a part of me. I have mentioned this to my therapist and she said some feel that way and some feel like something foreign is in their knee. That must be an odd feeling, but luckily I have never experienced it.
 
@marmora
hello Cathie!

It seems to me like you are being a bit too hard on yourself! You are doing quite well with all your outings and activities. Some things just take time. Also, I want to congratulate you on your five year news! I had no idea you had been dealing with that.

As for your knees feeling foreign, I bet that will pass before long. I felt like there was something other than a knee in there for a long time. Now, it feels far more normal. In fact, I dare say Dan's accident pushed me over the edge on my recovery. It's as if I don't have time to think about it real hard.

I sure wish I had time to be at the gym, I miss it tremendously. However, it will be after the Thanksgiving holiday before I will have time, if then.

Oh, almost forgot to mention....I was using ice every night in my ice pump until the clot was found. I had to switch to a heat pad just below the knee. Doc said elevate and warm compresses. I truly think that has helped me more than anything at this point. I am still having periods of super stiffness and a bit of pain, but nothing that even sends me to the Aleve bottle.

You, like the rest of us, will be just fine. Keep the faith! Mary
 
@wolf woman

Mary,

It's always so very lovely to hear from you.
I've had both you and Dan on my mind and hoping that you were managing as you're post TKR and helping to care for Dan.

I saw on another post that you were taking Dan out of State in the next few Days to see a doctor.
Safe driving and hope that the appointment will help you & Dan to decide what's the nest best step in his recovery.

Wishing you and Dan a Happy a Thanksgiving and will keep you in my thoughts.
Cathie
 
@marmora, I can't remember if we've talked about it yet, but I am walking for about 10 days on the Camino. Starting at SJPP, France and walking from there. June, 2015. My husband is coming along with a cousin from Delaware and a cousin and about 4 if his friends from LA. Not sure yet, what exact date or city we will meet in. I can't wait!! This is the reason I've been pushing myself so much. I walked 2 miles on a flat trail yesterday and am walking again today. We will see how far The Knee is willing to go. -- Joni
 
Hi @marmora (Cathy) Just stopping by to say hello. Hope you are feeling well. Good that you are going out for a walk. It is warm here now but temps will be dropping here on the east with possibility of snow. Take care of yourself and continue healing. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@Djbrund

Hi Joni - fellow Camino pilgrim in training,

Good to hear that another LTKR is planning The Camino. It is something that I've wanted to do for a number of years.

The first day post-op in hospital I sent a group text to family & friends saying that I would be walking the last 100 kilometres of The Camino in 2015 as my post-op goal.i felt that if I put it out there then my family & friends may want to come also and encourage those of us going.

Planning on going early May 2015 the Camino Frances way from Sarria to Santiago de Compastela.
I hope that my knee will be up to the journey for May, will make a definite decision in March.
And if I feel that not ready will post pone until September/October 2015.

Let's keep in touch to see how we are progressing, I'm off now for a morning walk and along the way stop into the YMCA gym.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@chestnc
Hello Christine,

Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Feeling good and still able to get out for a walk most days, if it's not raining too hard.

Knee still a bit stiff and working on Flexion, but keeping it in perspective, as what is going on with my knee is a small compared with so many others.

Take care and hope that the IV infusions are making a difference, you are so cheerful and positive and that feeling spreads to others in each of your posts on the various threads.

May you and your family have a warm and lovely Thanksgiving,

Cathie
 
Hi @marmora, just popped in here a few minutes before I head out to work. Just taking a regroup breather. You sound very busy. Make certain you are getting proper rest which I am certain you are. It took a while for me to not think about my knee. I was probably at the 7-8 month mark when I felt some days here and there like the knee was mine. Now that I am 13 months down the road I do feel like the knee is mine and I don't feel that pins and needles nerve ending residual. I think you are doing great at 4 months. More flexion will come. Keep up the good work and have a great day.!! Thank you for the Thanksgiving day wishes. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@marmora Good morning/afternoon. I am stopping by to say hi as I haven't been getting my alerts. The last few days were stressful for me with my LFT's so just now catching up with everyone's threads. Hope you are having a very good day. Your plans for walking the Camino sound great and a wonderful incentive in your rehab. You will get there, slow and steady wins the race. Take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom