TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning @gr82cu2 @Yorkimom @ConnieJOS @tiredwife @Minnie's knees @new knee in June @tiredwife @madinana

Have my "temporary" Crown was in the dentist chair 12:15 to 2:05 pm, so a long painless procedure.
No problem with going to my dentist, never feel pain, she's expert at injecting the numbing agent. Asked her if there was an extra left in the syringe to inject it into my knee. :loll:

Been with her about 18 years and due to heart and other follow up problem see her every four to six months.
A few years back, she discovered a small lump on my upper jaw & referred me to a specialist surgeon. It was an osteoblastoma and through her intervention it was caught before it has done too much damage and was surgically removed. Got the 5 year all clear in 2010, but still need follow up.

Just finished my porridge, so heading off to the YMCA to do a new set of exercises that I got from my PT yesterday/ PT appointment was 2:30-3:30 after the dentist, so feel that I am € $ supporting the local medical profession in the village.

These exercises are to target the gluteal muscles/ butt - so look out J Lo, you're going to have competition !:rotfl:

Therapy pool in the afternoon and enjoy the warm relaxing water. Several years ago, as we had the worlds smallest bathroom, we took out the bathtub and rearranged the room and now have only a walk in shower. Never was much of a bath person. :bath:


But, like everything in life when you no longer have something, that when you want it.
Would love to have a bath on cold winter nights, or days when I feel a good hot soak would make the knee feel comfortable. So, the therapy pool with it warm water is my weekly treat.

Take care all and will check in again later,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
I hope you have a good exercise session (work that butt Cathie-Lo) and a nice swim. I need to go into the office today. Have quite a few things to do there so it will take several hours.

Bye for now! :wave:
Connie
 
@marmora, have a good day and enjoy the warm water. We have a walk in shower and also a jacuzzi in our bathroom. I have been thinking of getting into the jacuzzi hoping that the warm water would comfort my knee but haven't attempted it yet. To be truthful I don't know if I would be able to get into it. I'll have to see what a Joe thinks. I definitely wouldn't attempt it alone.
 
@marmora glad your dental appointment went well. I'm sure you will give J-lo competition. The therapy pool sounds so nice.

@Yorkimom I love taking baths but haven't been able to for a long while as I had too much trouble getting out with bad knees.

@ConnieJOS Hope you get everything done that you need to. Just don't over do it at the office.
 
Hi Cathie,
So glad you have your 5 year all clear. You have been through alot but you are such a sunny person. Yay for you. I'm enjoying the pool almost daily now and did my first lap of breaststroke arms and kicking legs ( no breaststroke legs for me) I was very pleased with myself and not too much pain either.
Stay sunny xx love Deb
 
@marmora You are always so busy! I would have a hard time keeping up with you! I never did learn to swim very well. I sink! My highschool had an indoor pool and everyone had to take swimming. The teacher gave up on me! I can swim enough to save my life as long as I didn't have to swim very far. You have a great day!
 
@Yorkimom @ConnieJOS @Minnie's knees @happymum @tiredwife @madinana @gr82cu2 @wolf woman @new knee in June

Think that I'm in the ODIC I joined yesterday and hope to submit my resignation today ! :loll:

On Tuesday, went to YMCA gym after breakfast. 20 minutes on stationary bike and lowered the seat level to notch 4, had been on notch 5 for the last 2 months. Then a few weights and upper body exercises. Followed by 20 minutes at a slow speed on the tread mill, a few minutes working on the balance board. And finished with 5 minutes on the stationary bike.

Headed to Lidl and Home Store for a bit of household shopping and grabbed a sandwich and then headed to therapy pool for an hour of self -directed pool exercise. Home then to prepare "Tuesday Tacos for Tea" for DH and me. (Tea time is another term for the evening meal in Ireland, when you have had your larger meal or dinner at lunch time) (High tea is something completely different and includes lots of cake :loveshwr:)

So naturally, feel asleep on the couch while reading after Tea and woke up with sore and tired knee and up in bed at 9:30 with ice on knee and 2 Panadol/Tylenol.

This morning, still a little stiff and will slowly stretch and ease out the muscles surrounding the knee. After breakfast will just do half of the new "butt exercises" that my PT gave me on Monday, then Weight Watchers at 12:00 hoping to stay the same weight. Then meeting the "girls" for our usual lunchtime soup & sandwich and catch-up at 1:30.

Home and do the second half of the new exercises, get dinner ready/ cod fillets and potato & veg. Then out to Bridge for 7:00 pm.

I know some of you have said that I seem to do a lot during the day, but I think that it is nothing compared to those of you who are back working. My day is a lot less busy than when I was working full time.

May you all have a comfortable and pain free day and will catch up later,

Take care,
Cathie
 
@marmora

Cathie, you do seem very busy, but you do so much healthy work that is good for you. Between your exercise and swimming, plus all the cultural things and time with friends, you have a really nice balance.

And thanks for the lesson on Tea Time and High Tea. I would have thought they were one and the same!

Connie
 
@kneeidea63 @marmora @Minnie's knees @Legin

I involuntarily joined the ODIC this week myself. Between PT on Monday and a busy week on my job, it was inevitable. I'm off today though. Will still be communicating with the office by phone and email, but shouldn't have to go in.

Hey, I've got two new knees AND two new hips. I'm hoping for moves like Jagger! :happyfeet:

Connie
 
@marmora Why oh why does my computer keep insisting on Capitalizing the first m in Marmora, see it did it again!? I have this love hate thing going on with your name!
Everyone joins the ODIC once in a while (or like Laurie more times than not). You will be fine, just rest it a little the day after. Hope you have a great day!
 
@marmora, I've been thinking about you, a lot, and I'm not at all happy that you are in the ODIC! It did sound like you did a ton of things, but your day also seemed fun.

I'd like you to continue having perfect health, please. No more scaring us! And I do agree that the dentist is one to keep.

@Yorkimom, I strongly recommend a hot bath at bedtime. My husband kicked me out of bed one night and sent me to the hot tub. All that warm water settled all my muscles down, and I could go to sleep. My friend in California who has had two knees done with spectacular results swears by his hot tub as a way to recover. I think he does a lot of exercises in it, but I haven't been out to see them in a couple of years.
 
Sorry you've gone to the ODIC club Cathie. At least you did it in style and with fun :) I guess high tea is Europe's classier answer to our happy hour :cheers: When we were over there this spring we were surprised by how late everyone dines. Even bringing small children into restaurants at 8:30 - 9:00 in the evening. By that time of evening I will have been in my jammies for a couple of hours most nights :) But, I have the feeling with all your quaint neighborhood cafes and pubs you get out and see people in the evenings more regularly than a lot of Americans do.

Hope you feel better soon. :chillpill:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom