Guest viewing is limited

TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
Been a very busy few days with husbands' Birthday party, son & DIL over from Norway and sister-in-law from the UK at the weekend and then out Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday afternoon & evening.

Home today and son and I will get the Christmas tree this afternoon and start to decorate the house.
Going to a wedding on Friday and a funeral on Saturday and a Christmas brunch on Sunday with some former work friends.

The funeral is for my husbands' uncle in Cork about 3 hours drive from Dublin and husbands' sister flying over and traveling with us down to Cork.

Knee-wise still slowly getting there, walking each day and doing at home exercises and going to the YMCA to use their stationary bike each day.

The swelling at the back of the knee has lessened and Flexion still needs work, will see my physiotherapist on Monday.

Still getting the leg spasms and the foot and ankle buckle up into a most unusual position and takes great effort to straighten out again.

Ice and elevate as needed, especially at the end of the day.

That's my catch-up for now and will look at all the alerts and see what has been happening with my BoneSmart friends.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@marmora I get the spasm and.leg doesn't want to.straighten not cramp.as.such. I massage and then.stretch with.the odd beeze ( my.version of swearing as I.don't swear. Btw TUT no wonder sheeeeeesh you.are.like mrs doyle on speed

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@marmora did you tell your doc about the spasms? You have been so busy, you might need to take a day off and rest, elevate and ice.
 
I'm sorry you're still having the spasms and the buckling. I hope the PT has some ideas for you.
 
@marmora, it seem a like ages since I've been on your thread. Naturally I haven't gotten any notifications. It sounds as though you are very busy and have lots of fun things lined. Happy 60th birthday to your husband!! Sorry to hear you are having muscle spasms. I normally get them in my ankle, top of foot. They sure do hurt. Make sure you are drinking enough water and also try to eat more bananas. That seems to help me. Have a good weekend.
 
Hi @marmora

I've not received any alerts to here. It's by chance I realised you were missing and decided to find you xx

I hope your husband had a wonderful birthday. It's was nice your family came over for it.

God bless your uncle in laws family and friends. So they find peace in their thoughts and their hearts.

I hope that the brunch goes well tomorrow and you have a great time xxx

I'm awake because I've had an hours sleep. Even though I've iced and elevated my right knee is stiff, my left one simply hurts xx

Going to try some mindfulness apps x x x night night Cathie xxx missing you xxx
 
Hi @marmora, it's been a while since I've been on your thread, I just thought I'd pop in to say hello and wish you well. Xxx
 
Thinking of you Cathie :) I hope your absence means you are having a wonderful pain free holiday season!
 
Hi Cathie @marmora

I hope you are ok? We are all missing you and tbh a bit concerned. I do hope everything's fine? Xxxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Hi @marmora, haven't seen you post in a while and was worried about you. I hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying the season. I hope those leg spasms go away soon or are looked at by your doctor. So sorry to hear about them. Could it be RLS (restless leg syndrome). Spasms can be the worst. I have had them, especially troublesome when you are driving. Hope they disappear soon. Hope you are feeling okay otherwise. Oh my goodness so sorry about the passing of your husband's uncle. Those things are so tough at this time of year. You sound like you have been very busy. Please don't join that club that we all know and try not to love.. ODIC. Take good care of yourself. Have a blessed holiday. :loveshwr: :loveshwr:
 
obviously going to have.to.try.smoke signals. Hope you are ok lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@marmora Hope you're have a wonderful Christmas! I am hoping you are feeling good and taking care.
 
@marmora, Hi Cathie! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. It has been a few weeks since your last post. I hope you are just too busy and that everything is okay. Iif you get a chance just drop us a post letting us know that you are okay. Hope to hear from you soon. Anne
 
@marmora
I have been thinking of you My Dear Sweet Auntie :friends:I hope all is well :)
Please post an update if you can....
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
We're starting to worry about you Cathie. Can you please let us know you are ok? xox
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom