Guest viewing is limited

TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife @gr82cu2 @wolf woman @ConnieJOS @madinana @new knee in June @Yorkimom @Minnie's knees
@Nana moon 27 @Legin

"Memories from the corners of my mind,...."
Remember what happened in Vegas has to stay in Vegas !!! :rotfl:

Been a busy few days, good friends' 60th Birthday last Saturday and preparing for my husbands' 60th Birthday Party this Saturday night, our son & his wife flying in from Norway, husbands' sister coming over from England and we will be about 16 celebrating and bound to be a few songs sung that night.

? Question ? The last 2-3 weeks get a very bad cramp in either my foot or calf of the TKR leg, when sitting watching telly or in bed. It is very painful and takes both me and my husband to apply counter pressure to relieve the cramp. The foot and leg turn inward and are stuck in that position until we can ease the foot and leg out. Has anyone else had this ?

Also noticing small lump about the size of a walnut behind the TKR knee and back of knee still swollen and painful. By the end of the day, or after walking for about 10-15 minutes, the foot and leg are slightly swollen.

Not seeing my OS until 8 January, but will see my Physiotherapist next Monday 8 December.

Other than these new discomforts, feeling good and looking forward to improved recovery each day.

Take care ,
Cathie
 
@marmora Hey, now hubby had muscle cramps in the thigh while in the hospital, but not foot and calf. I get cramps in my feet sometimes, quite painful. Don't know what happens other than maybe moving foot a little wrong. Usually happens when watching TV.
You should have someone look at the lump, probably wrong but could be a baker's cyst.
Glad you are doing good otherwise. Don't overdo your celebrations.
 
@marmora Sorry you are having these new issues. I am not sure about the cramps but I agree with @tiredwife that the lump behind your knee may be a bakers cyst. Mine usually resolve on their own and can be very uncomfortable.

So exciting about the birthday parties and great that your son and his wife will be there. Please don't over do it. Take care of yourself.
 
Hi Cathy! It sounds like you're in for some very good times. I hope you enjoy it. Definitely do tell your physiotherapist about your cramps and lump behind your knee. The lump could be a baker's cyst but I'm more concerned about the cramps if they are caused by a blood clot. Didn't you say you've had clotting problems in the past? Aside from that, have you been extra active lately? Walking a lot more? The reason I ask is because when we were nearing the end of our European adventure this spring I started getting calf cramps several times every night and they continued for almost another 2 months. It was very painful and the only way I could get the muscle to release was to get out of bed and stand on my leg. We did more walking during that trip than maybe I've ever done in my entire life and I think my leg muscles just were not happy. I think also, if I'm not mistaken, low potassium can cause muscle cramps. Take care and let us know if you find out what is causing it. (((hugs)))
 
@marmora
Hi Cathie! Wretched cramps should be my middle name. My hands, feet, legs all cramp and most often during the night, starting right after climbing in bed. Sometimes when they are bad in my feet, I plug up the drain in the bath tub and run water as hot as I can stand in then pace back and forth in the tub. It does ease things up quickly. There is always a heating pad at the foot of my bed. Another thing that helps me is tonic water. If you try that, make sure the bottle states that it contains quinine. One small bottle is all I need in the evening. Funny thing, when I was in Vegas (no joke) that's all I drank while playing slots. I would order tonic with a twist of lime and never had cramps even with all the walking I did there. Also, I agree that being under hydrated can cause some cramping, but I doubt you would let that happen.

As the others have said, Bakers cyst is a possibility in the back of your knee. HOWEVER, with your history, please get this checked out soon. Can you call and see a doc any earlier? Sounds like your medical system there is quite different from ours. I can call my internist and get in his office the same day unless he is out of town.

Glad to hear that you have some good times ahead! Sounds like quite an adventure having folks coming from so many places! I hope you have a wonderful time! Remember that alcohol can cause dehydration and that could make cramps worse, so please be careful.

How are the basics going with the new knee? Are you getting around well now? Any pain? Is life looking more normal now?

Mary
 
Cramps are the worst I ruptured my achilies had a.cadt on for 12 weeks got cramps every day and no.way to stretch. I.sounded.likeba.wolf with.a problem

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hello @wolf woman @gr82cu2 @Minnie's knees @tiredwife @Legin @ConnieJOS @Nana moon 27 @new knee in June @Yorkimom @madinana

This time last week we were having fun in Vegas !
Seems like so long ago.

Sorry for being off for a few days, but busy here over the last few days and will probably will be until next Monday. But, busy with fun activities with family & friends and getting ready for my husbands' 60th party on Saturday.

Thank you for your concern and advice about the reoccurring TKR leg cramps.
Have had those over the years usually in both legs and had been on Quinine tablets on prescription for over 10 years, as one of the side effects of the medication I was on could cause leg cramps.

About two years ago, felt my vision was getting unfocused- even though I have had cataract surgery on both eyes.

The Eye surgery felt it could be a side effect of prolonged quinine medication and consulted with my GP/Family doctor and was taken off Quinine. And Gin & Tonic is one of my favourite tipples :martini:

No cramps over the last 2 years until a few weeks ago.

Seeing my Physiotherapist on Monday and will ask her about the back of the knee swelling.

As I am on daily Xarelto, not worried about blood clots.

In spite of the hiccup with the leg cramp, feeling pretty good.

Still working on Flexion and that's my ongoing challenge and extension nearly at 0.

Have decided not to go back to golf until March/April and my Camino Walk until September/October, as I will need several months to build up to walking 5-6 hours each day for 7-10 days. Want to be able to get back to these activities with a good strong knee, so that I can enjoy without discomfort.

Will probably put up the Christmas tree at the weekend, as son & his wife will be here from Norway this weekend and would like them to share in our family Christmas spirit, as this year they will be in Norway for Christmas.
We always have a real tree, love the smell of the pine through the house and buy it from a Charity raising funds for the homeless.

Going to finish writing my Christmas cards today and get them posted,we received our first Christmas card on Monday 1December from one of my cousin in Chicago. I always know it's Christmas, as her card it always the first to arrive.

Well, that's my catch up, have to work on those cards, wrap a few presents, ice the birthday cake for the party on Saturday and a few jobs around the house.

Take care all,

Cathie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom