United StatesI was on a walker for the first week... I feel crutches would have been challenging, especially for balance with all the meds, but know a lot of people use them.@djklaugh day 2 is much more sore and difficult moving around for me! Ice is my best friend even over pain meds I think, even tho I’m keeping up with meds! Crutching to the bathroom is quite the task!
United States
United States
United Kingdom
United States
Are recliners the typical ‘go to’ for initial sleeping?
United States
United States
United States

United States
Appetite can be a struggle in the early days, but make sure your getting some good proteins as part of your diet, they are important for healing. I tried to keep some high protein snacks close by so I could eat a little at a time. Glad PT went well. In my early days of recovery I used a plastic bag to sit on at the edge of bed to make it easier to swing my legs into bed without tweaking my hip. Then just pulled it out from underneath me. It made spinning my hips much easier.
United States
United States