Guest viewing is limited

THR Left THR

Just over 8 mos post left thr! I must say the hip is feeling great! Sometimes I try to baby the hip trying to make it feel this good for soooooo much longer and never go back to the way it used to feel lol

Still struggle with the motivation to do exercises other than going for walks, playing with the kids and times that turn physical at work……….. part I think is from the weight gain (I’m still trying to muster energy to get going on but so hard with holidays upon us haha) and part I think is I’m nervous to hurt the thr or speed up wear and tear even being only 8 mos out!

but I gotta tell u, no arthritic pain in my hip feels like a dream!!!!!!! So happy and grateful!!! I hope everyone is well! You all are such an encouragement!
 
Good Morning @Humbleservant
Happy Eight Month Anniversary, always so nice to hear from you!

I’m sure you’re getting enough exercise if you’re walking and I do know from experience the physical activity you naturally get with young kids at home. Then there’s work also.

I was 60, now 65, when I had my hip replaced and I even wondered if at some point I’d need a revision due to wear and tear, until I began shoving those thoughts from mind when they snuck in. Try not to let those unpleasant thoughts rob you of the joy of living without the pain of a deteriorating hip. You’re young, seemingly healthy, have a beautiful family and an honorable occupation. These implants are durable and long lasting, with longevity much greater than before offering an increase in the likelihood you may not need it replaced…ever. Also, think of the advances they’ll make over time hopefully making surgery and recovery all the easier. So enjoy living in the present, just no bungee jumping! :wink:

I hope you other hip is holding out as you’re enjoying the benefits of your first surgery. I wish you a good week and a very Happy Thanksgiving. The holidays are creeping up quickly now. :)
 
@Layla thank u for the kind and encouraging words!

My other hip is no where near as painful as the one I had replaced! I’m hoping to get a decent amount of time out of it before having to get that one done!

It’s wonderful getting to play and roll around with the kids pretty much pain free (only pain being my other hip and that being minimal at the moment)

How are you? And everything out in your neck of the woods? WINTER IS COMING
 
You’re welcome!
It is good to know your other hip isn’t getting in the way of enjoying the benefits of your surgery. I’m sure your kids are loving that you’re able to physically engage more freely with them, without the pain.

I am good, so thoughtful of you to ask. Thank you. The weather is quickly changing in my neck of the woods. The trees are pretty bare as of two days ago. All of the beautiful color gone and I guess we’re settling into gray November. Probably one of my least favorite months of the year, even though it’s not as cold as Dec, Jan, Feb. I think it’s the quick switch from the warmer days while the leaves are so beautiful and at their peak, flower pots are still out on the front steps of homes, then, in the blink of an eye….it’s brown and gray:groan: Now it’s time to concentrate on the holidays of which I hope are happy, healthy and wonderful times for you and yours.:)
@Humbleservant
 
Hey all,

I’m 1 year and about 3 months post left THR! I’m pretty active and workout most days! Everything’s has been going great until about The last week or 2 I’ve noticed that I can feel click/popping/grinding sounds and feelings going on inside the new hip area and every time I bend over and stand up it feels like things get stuck in the hip and it makes it uncomfortable! It doesn’t necessarily hurt, it’s more discomfort and annoying really! I have taken the past few days of working out off but it still seems the same! Anyone have any ideas on what’s going on?
 
@Humbleservant Drat that does not sound good. I'd recommend getting back in touch with your surgeon and getting an x-ray taken of the hip.

While some folks report odd clicking sounds in hip or knee replacements those sounds usually start right away after the initial surgery. This, coming so long after, is something else.
But without an x-ray it's impossible to tell.
 
The last week or 2 I’ve noticed that I can feel click/popping/grinding sounds and feelings going on inside the new hip area and every time I bend over and stand up it feels like things get stuck in the hip and it makes it uncomfortable!
Have you added anything new to your workouts? Sounds like muscles and tendons still firming up around the joint area. If you are worried, do contact your surgeon. But the popping sensation is very normal post op.
 
@djklaugh thank you. i did message the surgeon and waiting on a call!

@Jaycey thanks, I’m a little concerned it may be something more serious, but I hope it’s what you said! I feel no pain standing or walking, sitting or standing! It’s odd that this is going on after the recovery, because seemed to go great
 
I have taken the past few days of working out off but it still seems the same!
Good Morning,
I‘m sorry you’re dealing with this. It can be unnerving to develop a strange symptom that you‘re not sure you can relate to any activity in particular. I’m assuming you don’t have any pain or swelling, which seems promising, but it’s best to get it checked to make sure all is as it should be. I’d step away from working out until you hear from your surgeon and he advises. If you did aggravate something while working out, it can take longer than a couple days to ease. I hope you receive some reassurance soon and your symptoms ease. Please stay in touch and let us know how you’re doing.
 
Back
Top Bottom