Guest viewing is limited

THR Left THR

all is well with just taking Tylenol and cutting out the narcotics! One thing I’ve noticed is how weak the tendon(or muscle?) behind my operated leg (specifically behind my knee), on both sides are! I bet it’s pretty normal just seeing if others have experienced it? One of my exercises is to do a slow and controlled butt kick (aka raise my heel backwards towards my buttox) and on the operated side behind the knee is just soooo weak! Haaa
 
Last edited:
Week 2, day 2 post op and feeling pretty good! There’s some aches and little bit of swelling still but much much better and much more difficult to want to sit still especially with 3 cute as can be children under the age of 5 dying to play with dad! But we do activities and I throw in a little rough housing with my boys somehow :loll:(in a safe manner)....I have more and more energy and I’m getting around with 1 crutch and doing my exercises a few times a day with in home PT 2-3 times a week! Changing to in-clinic PT this Friday so I’m excited about that just to get out of the house a little! Supposed to be a beautiful 50 degrees day here in Massachusetts and I hope to do a loop outside a couple times in my driveway! Have a great day!
 
Changing to in-clinic PT this Friday so I’m excited about that just to get out of the house a little!

I recall the feeling. I was excited to go bye-bye in the car :heehee: three weeks after surgery to my first post op appointment and PT session. You crave some “normal”.
You’re doing really well, HS. I hope today is a good one!!
 
@Layla , mojo, Jaycey, FCBayern, Raftin21 - Hey all! So thankful for you all! I went in a little nervous this morning, again for not ever having surgery(EVER) lol...... I was the first one in at 6am and operating room just before 7 and in recovery by 10! The staff was absolutely awesome and I was able to ask a ton of questions! They gave me something to relax me before anything because I told them it was my first time having surgery! The anesthesiologist gave me the spinal block which actually felt great and then I don’t remember a whole lot after that! Woke up a little groggy! They asked me if I wanted an oxycodone which I gladly accepted and they had me on crutches, showed me stairs and once I was able to use the restroom they let me go home, and I’m home now with ice and elevation! The joint itself is achy but overall not bad at all and I’m very pleased with the process, staff and result thus far! I think I’m gonna sleep in my recliner for at least the first couple nights!

I’m glad your experience with your first surgery went well. It’s so nice to have it done and rid yourself of the anxiety of the unknown.
 
Howdy HS! :wave:
Did you get outside for a minute yesterday to smell the roses and do a little loop de loop in the driveway?

I didn’t get out until about day thirteen after my surgery. It was ugly hot outside AC running 24/7 that type of weather. At any rate, I started to get cranky and stir crazy. Are you there yet? :heehee:
@Humbleservant
 
@Layla yes I did get outside! I put a chair on the porch and took 1 crutch with me and took my kids outside and watched them ride their bicycles and got to walk around the driveway for a bit and I’d go sit and rest a while and then do it again! Was amazing being outside, fresh air and family! Was such a nice day and today is even better outside! Had PT this morning everything felt great, they are not pushy at all but said I seem to be healing and recovering very well! Had me walk without a crutch (because I felt up for it and strong enough and it was a short distance on flat ground) and they said my gait and everything looks great! The one thing I feared was getting in bed because it was kinda low and memory foam mattress but I was able to do it today and it was a great relief knowing I don’t have to sleep in the recliner anymore. My wife is very happy about that as well! Thanks for checking in! How’s everything out your parts? Have a wonderful day!
 
Rainy day in my neck of the woods, so far anyway. Fingers crossed it gives way to some sunshine.

You’re doing great! I’ll bet you loved the reassurance you received from your PT. Music to our ears to hear we’re progressing normally and doing well. I’m glad you snuck outdoors because the convalescing can get old pretty quickly. Sitting outdoors soaking in some Vitamin D while enjoying the activity of the liddles does a body good! Glad you figured out how to navigate the bed. Just make sure wifey isn’t on the op side, that’s where pillow protection comes in handy. I had a pillow fort early on, lol.

Happy Wednesday!
@Humbleservant
 
@Humbleservant It is so great to hear you are doing well! And getting out side does perk one up - fresh air, sunshine, watching the kids have fun! Way to go :yay:. And congrats on sleeping in your own bed! That, too, is a major milestone!
 
@djklaugh thank you! yes I loved it! It’s a great feeling to be a part of the action and reassurance for the kids that dads still around and getting better!
 
Happy Thursday!
Good luck with PT tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the session and getting out of the house for awhile. You’ll have to let us know how it goes. Those early outings can be a little tiring for some, but not all. Hope today is a good one! :SUNsmile:
@Humbleservant
 
@Layla Happy Thursday to you as well! PT first thing tomorrow morning 830am! Thankfully my wife and I’s parents live 5 miles on each side of us so it’s fairly easy to drop the kids off and we can get to PT especially with covid restrictions, it’d be a nightmare to drag all 3 along bc they aren’t allowed inside or anything! I’m assuming it’ll be more tiring there especially with them having more resources to wear me out in clinic! Lol but we will have to wait and see! I did make it clear I do not want to be pushed more than I should or want to be bc I do not want to digress and they have been very respectful of that! Hopefully it’s not raining over there today for ya! Have a wonderful day!
 
Thank you!
No rain today. Blue skies, sunshine and 43F. So it’s a good day! :SUNsmile:
Will look forward to your update after PT tomorrow. :)
@Humbleservant
 
Hey HS :wave:
Well...how was the big outing and your PT session?
Did it exhaust you? With any luck PT wasn’t rough on you and you enjoyed being back out in civilization for awhile.
Hope you have a nice weekend!
@Humbleservant
 
Hey Layla!
PT went well...they didn’t push me too hard which was good! The one interesting thing was they had me do a couple laps without my 1 crutch and they said my gait looks great and said I really didn’t need to use anything to walk, because everything looked really good! But obviously I can feel when walking that my left hip and muscles around are much weaker than my right, so I told them I’d feel more comfortable having the 1 crutch at least until I have my 1 month appointment with my surgeon! Which they were supportive of as well! But I came home and unwillingly came inside to get a good icing session, because it is soooo nice outside and Temperatures here are supposed to drop low again for the next week and a half or so! But all went welll!
@Layla
 
Wonderful news on your PT session! I‘m guessing it was fulfilling to accomplish those laps without your crutch. I think your decision to continue using it until your leg feels stronger is a wise one. It will happen soon enough.

It sounds like you’re dealing with the same weather we have here. Kind of a roller coaster in March. You never really know what you’re going to get. Enjoy it while you can and rest on those not so nice days.

You’re doing great! You should be very happy with your progress. I’ll bet this will be a good Summer! :SUNsmile:
@Humbleservant
 
Wow, sounds like you are doing great! And those PT's sound sharp and you are absolutely right: there is no rush to walking without the crutch.

And your balance won't be great this early most likely ... so if you bump into something, you don't quite recover as well. So staying with the crutch sounds great. Just continue to take your time, continue with the icing (way to go!) and walking and let the healing and strengthening just take place.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom