Guest viewing is limited

THR Left one is done - and right one too!

@leenie60 I never heard of that-- will have to look for it. I am so puffed up-- last night I managed to get the lotion all the way down to my left ankle! And here I've been thinking my progress was on hold.

Keep on planning, and the next one will be here soon! Meanwhile, keep bringing us cool new inventions that we never heard of!
 
Hhmm doesn't appear that I can like or in any way respond to msgs with a click. Something to do with the recent shutdown or my browser.

This is what I bought. I believe Dove makes one as well.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Left one is done - and right one too!
    15030061271551100190978.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 203
I can't Like anything either, but I like the moisturizer idea
 
Just a quick question on the moisturizer......are you finding it to absorb quickly after spraying it on?
My legs, or I should say "leg" has become so dry I'm afraid nothing will penetrate it, haha!
I'm really excited about that product if it works, thanks again @leenie60
Now onto attempting the pedicure again....UGH!
 
@Layla it absorbs best when sprayed on after a shower. Becareful of your floor though it could be slick. Otherwise, I don't over apply it and my legs have faired pretty well.
 
@zauberflöte I am pleased to report that I am doing really well! 5 weeks yesterday. My incision looks good. It is actually more visible now than earlier but it is to be expected since they morph over time.

I have been having some busy days. I've done some vacuuming and I steam cleaned my kitchen floor yesterday with my Shark. It looks so much better. I feel like I'm in the nesting mode getting ready for #2 in 2 weeks.

My daughter has secured a full time teaching job that starts tomorrow and my son starts his last semester of college next week. So... since my helpers won't be around at all during the day the week immediately following my next discharge, I have beek busy setting up a schedule with available friends since not being alone in those early days is so important. The kids will be here for the wknd when I get home but not the following weeks. There is no way in hell i am going to rehab so coordinating help each day is crucial! I am fortunate to live in a wonderful neighborhood where some peeps either work from home or are stay at home for other reasons. It is highly unlike me to enlist any help so this is a big step for me.

I see my doctor for my 5 wk postop and preop tomorrow and expect all to be well. Maybe he'll even tell me I can go boating this weekend. I have no plans to climb off and on the boat or to walk in the sand but he might say it's okay. Maybe i could dive off and swim in to shore!

I find myself naturally trying to cross my ankles but stop myself. Sleeping on the affected side is less painful but not completely comfortable and if I lay on the opposite hip for too long, I end up on my back.

I have been feeling a TENS like sensation in both legs but more so on the right. No pain with the tingling and no pulsing just regular but not predictable tingling mostly on the thigh but occasionally the lower leg. Anyone else feel anything like this?

Beautiful weather here in CT so I've had one or two days of 3 plus miles logged over the course of a day. All good stuff!
 
Last edited:
Hi @leenie60
It was SO happy day the first time I could vacuum the carpet and steam clean the kitchen floor again!!
What a feeling of accomplishment. My husband was a great caregiver but house cleaner......forget about it!

I hope you get the okay to go boating since your second surgery is fast approaching. I'm sure you'll do well as you know the drill.
Wishes for continued recovery and an uneventful second surgery and recovery!
 
So no boating for me today and i am not surprised. If I was not going to be getting on and off the boat and walking through the water and sitting in a beach chair in the sand then sure a boat ride would have been fine. We do it all and we have fun doing it. Next year!!

Good to go for #2. I am all ready except I am sure I won't feel as comfortable as I do now since I have to stop the anti iflammatory meds this Thursday :(
 
That's too bad you couldn't go boating today.......

All of you who experience these surgeries so close together amaze me! I can understand wanting to get it over with....but can't imagine going through it again already. Strong individuals!

Just think how good you'll feel for the holidays! That's assuming you may have been pretty miserable last year, as so many of us were. Hope you're not too uncomfortable without the anti inflamatories leading up to surgery.
Wishing you a great rest of the weekend! @leenie60
 
@leenie60 Been really busy and haven't done alot of checking in but site hope you are doing well. I too love to go in the boat but I have not even been out yet since my bilateral as the seas if the coast here can get rather choppy at times and don't want all the framming to loosen anything up.
I am glad you will be all done soon.
Hope you have a great day.
 
@leenie60 good 5 week report! I was sitting on a hard seat in a plane that day. You, OTOH, are looking your second square in the face now! a week!!!!

I have been feeling a TENS like sensation in both legs but more so on the right. No pain with the tingling and no pulsing just regular but not predictable tingling mostly on the thigh but occasionally the lower leg. Anyone else feel anything like this?

Beautiful weather here in CT so I've had one or two days of 3 plus miles logged over the course of a day. All good stuff!

Wow you walker you! The weather has indeed been quite nice up and down the coast. And that TENS sensation-- I think yes? I have gotten it on the op leg, I think. I also had an interesting bout with tingling and numbness All Over, especially my face/lips, back there a few weeks ago. It has 98% gone, but now that we are talking about it my lips are feeling funny. I kind of think it's to do with my spine and the nerves that run sensation from the spine. Maybe?

I want to keep up with you for #2-- you are ready to roll, girl!
 
@leenie60
Hi, not sure if you're still scheduled for surgery this week but sending well wishes and prayers
for comfort, a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
Please post when you're able.
Hugs
 
Hi @leenie60
Just catching up on everybody's thread, wondering if you're still having surgery tomorrow, sounds like you're feeling strong and have a good attitude. Wishing you well on your upcoming surgery, will try to be more attentive, getting all caught up in my own recovery and busy… Life is busy but I am thinking of you
Gail


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@leenie60 Hope all went well, was today I believe. We have all been thinking of you.
Fully bionic you are now. You have another 35 years to go before any potential tune ups.
Really hope you have your pain managed quickly and you will be able to check in soon. Healing wishes your way.:loveshwr:
 
Surgery was 2 days ago and I will be discharged within the hour. All went well. My pain was managed far better this time around due to conversations with anaesthesia staff, doctor and nurses. Like last time I have developed a couple of rashes. This time on my belly, buttock and back of my thigh. My doc ia completely perplexed and says ti use cortisone and benadryl.

All in all my thigh/hip area is one big swollen quadrant. Getting in and out of bed while challenging, seems easier since i know what to do. It felt great to take a shower and will feel even better to be home although I'll miss the food service!
 
@leenie60 Welcome to the other side again. You know the drill!

I changed your thread title slightly so that you can stay on this thread and post updates. Happy healing!
 
Congrats @leenie60 You did it again!
It's wonderful your pain was managed better this time.
I had a rash for a couple days myself on my surgical
leg only, front of lower leg. Little flat red dots that disapperead over about three days.
Hopefully the swelling will go down quickly once you get home with ice and elevation.
Wishing you a good recovery and restful weekend at home!
 
Back
Top Bottom