THR Left one is done - and right one too!

Hi @leenie60 .
My "incident" scared me silly! My hips...an I okay? Took me half a day to discover I had large abrasion down shin, severely skinned knee, handlebar jammed into left inner thigh, :yikes:, hence large bruise...and various miscellaneous bruises on elbows and arm.
I'm okay with all of that, HIPS FINE!
So sorry you hurt yourself...so happy your hips are FINE.
I am being ever so more careful as it could been a bad Christmas Eve and mine was due to carelessness.
ATV very heavy and with 250 lb BIL on back, will tip when turned sharply....now I know!
Honestly, my heart was racing for an hour as I walked around and checked out my hips.
WE have to be more careful!:sigh:
I am so glad you are okay! It is very scary. i think if I had fallen on my knees the outcome would he different and not good. I've had both knees replaced too.

Slow and steady is the best. We feel good though and forget to watch out.
 
Hi @leenie60
Always love spotting that balloon knowing it means a visit from Leenie!
That post was jaw dropping! My word, you're lucky it wasn't worse. I'm sorry you're
hurting at all, especially the shoulder you're concerned about. It sounds like you're suffering
a lot of after affects. Hopefully all will ease soon.

I know we all fear falling! I always wonder what one's thinking as they're falling, or if there's really any time to think? GrannyC recently took a spill outdoors on the ice and Mojo flipped a 4 wheeler. Both are okay but I'm sure were sore. Mojo sustained a decent bruise. She has a photo on her thread, check it out.

I hope all else is well and that you're back to your old self in short order. It was great hearing from you, don't be a stranger! A great weekend to you....try to stay on your feet :heehee:

Layla It happened so fast and there was simply no stopping it. My arm feels not to bad. Have had a few twinges in my back and my left quadrant isn't quite right. I have taken muscle relaxers last 2 nights and bruise hasn't worsened so I think all will be good.

Good to hear from you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I fell off my bicycle and landed right on my THR hip when I was about 6 months post-op. I ended up covered with bruises and I was sore for about a week. When I realized I was going down, I panicked and tensed up. I think that made the landing a lot rougher than it would have been.
 
@leenie60 I am back to work too and my biggest fear is falling. I am so glad that your hips did not suffer major damage! Take it easy for a while until you are totally healed.
 
Hurts worse on day three...hope you are healing. Have a stress-free Sunday!
 
Hi @leenie60
Sure hope it's not hurting worse. Quite the spill though so you never know.
Let us know how you're doing....still cringe thinking about it!
I don't ever, ever want to fall. Nope, never ever! :prayer: :fingersx:
Hope your Sunday is pain free.
 
Back
Top Bottom