Guest viewing is limited

THR left it TOO long: Left THR Posterior

At 17 weeks post op, finally, I'm able to tolerate a little walking. Whilst I've been able to be active around the house for prolonged periods, my ability to do a continuous walk of more than 5 minutes has defeated me up until last week. I was able to increase to 10 minutes and then 15 over a couple of days. I'm happy to report that I'm now able to do a 15 minute walk, twice a day (with poles or crutches) without suffering a set back.

Played croquet for an hour on Sunday too. Won two games :yes!:
 
That's great progress, @Deni444! Even more so because you are still dealing with the other hip.

Just imagine what you'll be doing at 17 weeks post-op your right replacement.
Dancing down the street? :happyfeet:
 
Great news, amazing how all of a sudden we can do more.
Congrats on the croquet wins!
 
Thank you all :flwrysmile: I'm definitely more optimistic about future possibilities now I've experienced that soft tissue does eventually start to calm down. I can feel there is still a lot more healing to do in there but I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll be able to be more mobile in the early-ish days after my next surgery. We'll see!
 
18 weeks post op LTHR

I really seem to have turned a recovery corner. I can walk for 20 minutes at a time and on a good day can manage about 6k steps. I'm able to up my pace for short bursts and get my heart pumping. My weight is edging down as a consequence. Some days, I don't need my anti-inflammatory meds. I've been on those for years now and so that feels like a blessing. Especially as I still have a hip to fix. My new hip still isn't comfortable with too much bending or squatting but it's improving.
 
What a great update! I can't wait to read your reports at 18 weeks post hip #2. Definitely dancing down the street! :wink:
 
Glad to hear you have turned the recovery corner, walking more, 6,000 steps, and your weight going down.
Sounds like you are well enough along now and ready for your Left hip.
 
So what date is the op for your left scheduled for? Have you got an appointment, yet @Deni444 ? Meanwhile, keep up your excellent recovery:)
 
@Constanze My right is scheduled for 22nd August. I had my pre assessment on Wednesday. I'm quite excited to think I may be well on the way to recovered by Christmas. It will have been quite a year!
 
Lovely. That's quite soon. Best of luck for the operation, and do carry on reporting how you are getting on.
 
18 weeks post op LTHR

I really seem to have turned a recovery corner. I can walk for 20 minutes at a time and on a good day can manage about 6k steps. I'm able to up my pace for short bursts and get my heart pumping. My weight is edging down as a consequence. Some days, I don't need my anti-inflammatory meds. I've been on those for years now and so that feels like a blessing. Especially as I still have a hip to fix. My new hip still isn't comfortable with too much bending or squatting but it's improving.
Well done! Great news :flwrysmile:
 
You have a great attitude which, as you know, goes a long way to a great recovery. By Christmas, you'll look back at 2025 as a great success in getting your life back!
 
Catching up on your progress - so very pleased for you!!!
 
@Deni444 I noticed a comment in another member’s thread that you were experiencing some stomach difficulty from taking NSAIDs. You might ask for a couple of prescriptions that could help. Celebrex is and NSAID that doesn’t seem to cause as many issues with your stomach, but it is a prescription. There is a generic that’s not quite as expensive. And, when taking NSAIDs for any length of time, it’s a good idea to request some of the prescriptions available that protect your stomach. They are a family of medications called Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs).
 
Thank you @Jamie I'm taking (prescribed) Lansoprazole with the Naproxen but it suddenly doesn't seem to be effective. I'm getting painful trapped wind. The same symptoms as I was getting before my GP took me off Ibuprofen in favour of Naproxen and Lansoprazole. The symptoms go if I don't take the Naproxen. I'll contact my surgical team and see what they want me to do. Thanks so much for the information.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom