TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lavender. Glad yA got out. I won't do again lol. Can't hardly get around. Was a big mess. I tell ya it's been a rough day. But I survived lol. I had to flex to calm the spasims down. Went into my feet. Was awful. But I'm all good.


SonnysWife❤️
 
Hi @Mary Davis I understand how you felt it is hard when you are trying to do something and it makes you feel so sore. It will get better hard to walk around the stores when you have two good knees but much harder when trying when you knees are still healing and getting stronger. I worked in retail for 38 years never thought much about the amount of walking then but it feels different now as I get tired much faster. Your knee will tell you when you have done too much be careful and take time to rest after your shopping adventure. I Love shopping carts they are like a walker and you can put some of the weight on the cart instead of on your legs. Hope you have a great nights sleep Holly
 
Thanks lavender. I appreciate yA kind words. I hope u like pics I sent. I am praying for yA. Yes it lot harder to go places cause I get tierd and ache. My pt has help me get rid of spasims. She held toes up and pressed and massaged. Was scary lol. But I did it. They was scaring me. I'm bit dangerous with shop carts lol. I had a lady when I first had my knee and had to get my medicine, went into Walmart and she knocked into me over almost fell. My husband wants what all she went down and he went and grabbed gently her by the arm and brought her back to me and said do you see my wife she has had a knee replacement you need to say sorry. The husband was laughing so hard that he walked out with her he said shame on you


SonnysWife❤️
 
Was also funny becuze she did not know what to do. Her husband Was priceless. He told her stop being in hurry and get over her self. The perfume isn't going no where lol



Anyways it's going be another restless night


SonnysWife❤️
 
Hi @Mary Davis I am happy the lady with the cart did not knock you over what a scary feeling and until your husband talked to her she probably did not realize she was needed to be more careful. Good your husband explained to her maybe she will be more careful. Many people now that have mobility issues see them on cross walks and wondering why people do not slow down. I am now one of those people with need to have time to go slower as my left knee is getting so ready for surgery.

I found after surgery I would sit with my hand over my knee. Protecting my knee when sitting at the movies, or public places to keep from being bumped. Not doing that now but will when I have my surgery just a natural reaction. Many people are very considerate as so many have the same worries of loosing their stability when walking but some not as aware sometimes they need to be reminded.

No more appointments for me now all have been taken care of. My husband and I are looking forward to a slower pace tomorrow if the weather is nice we will go and visit our park and the ducks and geese and sea gulls. Nice place to relax and enjoy the water flowing over the waterfalls and just a chance to sit and talk to. Something my husband and I both enjoy. Take it slow, easier if you can stay away from crowds at this time no one will bump into you stores are busy now. Looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight we had a nap this afternoon so tired and slept like a baby . This time next week it will be Christmas eve starting tomorrow and hoping by this time next week on Christmas Eve I will be home again. Holly
 
Hi @lavender
Glad you are appointment free! It will be over soon and then it'll be 2 good knees.
I will be praying for you and surgery and of course pt.
You and your husband have a Merry Christmas!!
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @appaloosa girl Happy to have time to do a few things together with my husband and so happy appointments over till Monday and then surgery day. The time is going fast but will be happy when it is time. Today we had a little bit of snow actually a lot of snow but most of it melted as it fell. Just a little bit on the trees and grass. Thanks for your kind words.

Today I made a roll for my exercises. Last time the pt that only stayed 3 days was going to help me with this but she was replaced. I took two thick towels rolled on and then the other around the first roll and fastened them with a wrap. I have one ice wrap that was my Moms and then mine so had a spare it will help to adjust the size if needed. My husband and I sent out cards this year but not as many . Most of the card we sent were to people we do not see as often as some as some of them live a distance away. We sent one to a lady we worked with many years she started at our store with us more then thirty years ago and her kids at that time were close to my husbands and mine.

She is now living with her daughter and her husband after she broke her hip and she lost her husband 4 years ago to cancer. Our friend is now 90 years old and she called on Friday to thank us for our card to her. W e were very close during those years still feels the same and remember her with so many kind thoughts. She was so excited to get her card we send her one every year and this year thought maybe we should call just in case but sent the card anyway hoping all was well.

She talked to my husband and then to me for a while going down memory lane with all we did together and she said she did not know if she should call the number we shared many years ago wondered if we still lived there and we do just down from the mall we worked together in. Her daughter is a nurse all of her daughters are nurses and she was a doctor in Europe many years ago her daughter is married to my second cousin and she was thrilled to remember we are in our own way related by marriage her daughter has been the nurse a few times when my husband has been in the hospital and remembering times when needed some one to say it is alright she was there and took care of us.

Small world and how much little gestures go such a long way. Hoping she stays alright as she has a bad heart and how wonderful she is 90 now where has the time gone. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas our tree is up a wreath on our wall that was given to my husbands sister and her husband and it has such meaning home made. My husbands sister and her husband passed away two years ago and miss them so much. I thank you for your post and wish you all the best Holly
 
Hi everyone Today it is a little overcast looks like it could snow but very cold. Getting things ready for trip to the hospital just a few more days. Not taking too much with me just a little bag for my toothpaste and brush and stuff. Today my husband went into Walmart for a few things I did not go in very crowded so waited . He picked up a few things for me new toothpaste, a nice travel toothbrush and case, and a few other little things to take with me as well.

Getting anxious just so ready to go and have my surgery. Getting my going to the hospital clothes ready I have pants with a looser leg to wear, and a comfortable top loose socks and my comfortable shoes. Putting them all together so that on surgery day just have to get out of bed get washed put on my clothes, brush teeth and then off we go.

Going to pick up a few little things tomorrow for my husband to add to my shopping early to hope to miss the rush , come home wrap and then maybe to a movie. So tired lately, maybe just excitement, needing naps to make it through till bedtime, hoping all goes well with my surgery feeling very happy about having my surgery.

So many wonderful wishes have been given to me for a calm , nice surgery day , and looking forward after it is all finished to coming home and being with my husband. Feeling more comfortable and not stressed with the worry I was about pt just going to do the best I can and knowing it can't last forever it all worked out fine last time. Spring is really just around the corner. January February and then March last spring in shorts by middle of April so much to look forward to. Walks around the park will be even more enjoyable when my knee is healed and loving the thought of going on walks again. Holly
 
Yep, a lot to look forward to. It looks like you are just about packed and ready to go. :)
 
Hi @kneeper Very excited to have my surgery all ready to go now. Monday will be the day I have been waiting for. Holly
 
Holly,
Wishing you a quiet calm weekend as you prepare for your surgery next Monday. What a great gift for you to have a new knee for Christmas, and looking forward to getting back your life.
 
@lavender I haven't forgotten you really, just can't get on here very well! Just in case I can't get back on here (company coming and such) I want you to know I am thinking about you and hoping all goes well the 22nd. I will check in as soon as I can.
 
@lavender, Hi Holly! Just dropping by to wish you good luck with your surgery on Monday. Try to relax this weekend...Monday will be here before you know it. Anne
 
Hi Holly. Best luck on Monday. You will be fine. I will be praying for yA. Relax this weekend.


SonnysWife❤️
 
Hi everybody. Thank you all so much for your kind wishes and only one more day after today and then early trip to the hospital. My surgery is at 8am so having to be at the hospital by 6am So ready to have it all done My brother has said he will pop by and pick us by 5:15 and take us to the hospital. My husband is going to wait for me in the room where they will be getting me ready they said he can stay till my surgery time and then he will go and get some breakfast.

I have forgotten so much about the last surgery guess that is a good thing but now seeming clearer and remembering after they gave me the needle in my back and then hooked up blood pressure stuff to must have fell asleep right away as last thing I heard was someone say the word Toyota. We have a Toyota but did not hear anything else until waking up in the recovery room.

My husband said he was a little worried I was in recovery for longer then my Mom and he got a little scared something was wrong. My surgeon came and spoke to him and told him I would be fine. Not too much longer now little bag with toiletries packed getting my clothes ready and putting them on hanger in doorway to our bedroom and will not take too long to get ready.

We went for our breakfast today it will be a little while till we go back and really enjoyed it. Hoping to have time to stay in now not planning on anymore mall or grocery store shopping and just want to take it easy . My husband and I are feeling tired hoping that I will do my little bit of wrapping tonight bought my husband some movies and popcorn gift cards a few other little stocking stuffers we are shopping a little lighter this year and know he will like whatever he has to open and so will I.

My husband is not feeling well lots of coughing and looks so tired hope he does not get sick he has had lots of running around to and today taking it easy ready for a day at home no appointments watching the movie The Homecoming a Christmas story with the Walton family love this movie then maybe a little nap neither of us slept soundly last night my husband coughed and hoping the please do not let him get sick.

I made my husband a stocking the year we got married stitched in needle point and mine the one that my Mom made us when born getting a little fragile so last year I made angel on called the candy angels so it will keep my stocking used for for 57 years from getting torn just a keepsake. Wishing you a great day My knees are saying it is time hope they will feel better after surgery and both will have a chance to get a little break. Thanks again and will write tomorrow and then not till home from the hospital .

My husband thinks it will probably be after Christmas when coming home but either way I will be coming home to him and that is a wonderful thought will be together either way or time so happy. Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Holly,
You are as ready as you can be for Monday, wishing you all the best for an uneventful TKR and recovery.
I have the stockings my Mother made for me and my younger brother. I love having them to hang, they are in good condition, but we do not put anything in them.
 
Hi @yiayia3 So nice to receive your post and thanks so much for your kind wishes. It seems like a long while ago I was called for my appointment but thinking now how fast the time has actually gone. Happy to be going in Monday and going to try to look forward to our walks hoping that when things get sore I can try to think about how nice it will feel to walk in our park less wobbly seeing our wonderful feathered friends. I will be back to write again after i come home from the hospital and how much all of the kind thoughts sent to me mean to me. You are such wonderful nice people and enjoy sharing and being part of the wonderful Bone smart family thanks to all for your friendships Holly Also although i will be back to say bye for a few days tomorrow Wishing all who I might miss A very Merry Christmas. Holly
 
Hi @Pumpkln Such a treasure our stocking are nice to have them nice you still have yours to as they are part of so many Christmases. My mom made all of us my 4 brothers and me stockings one year she had some felt and few beads she cut out shapes mine has Holly leaves and Berries. soft grey felt. each stocking is different. For all of my life this stocking was used and any things for my stocking were placed in it but the only part that is worn is the little tag at the top for hanging it up. And the top edge is getting a little worn think my husband puts lots in it so it not built for that much but it can look at things this year and have a little break Holy
 
@lavender
Hi Holly,
You are in my thoughts & Prayers as you have your 2nd knee replaced :friends:
I get so happy when I picture you walking in the park pain free:)
Merry Christmas to you & your wonderful Husband,
Love,
Diana :tree:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom