TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks referee 54 for your post and for telling me that you have the same type of knees and that the type of knee that I have now and will be getting tomorrow are good choices. That is so nice to hear that your knees are working out so nice and 7 years is great hope mine work out that great to. I thank you for your caring and for your prayers to. I know my Dad will be somewhere near me in the surgery making sure that I am alright to. i know I will be in good hands in surgery and at home with my husband and with all of the support that you have all given to me for my right knee surgery recovery and for this new knee to it is so appreciated. Thanks Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My husband is not saying too much but knowing he is not feeling well hoping it is just his allergies stuffing up his nose and throat hoping it is just that he has been running around over the past weeks trying to get things all set groceries stocked up, and the appointment for pre- op is when he started to look tired. Such a long day. I think he has been doing so much . I know he is worried can tell he is a little nervous or think so he is wonderful know he will be feeling better when my surgery is over and he can see I am alright.

We depend on each other so much and very close and know he is thinking about all of it. Happy that I am going to have my knee all fixed up when I told him I made the choice to go on the waiting list he was so happy he knows how much the surgery will help but still as happy as he is for my new knee worried hoping all will be alright. Tell him that it will be fine but know he is a little worried he will be less stressed tomorrow . Looking forward to coming out of recovery and having time with him when they move me to my room that will help and hoping he will get some sleep that night and knowing when he sees I am fine he will relax a little more. Almost time have to keep reminding myself when I say we can take care of it tomorrow that tomorrow will be my surgery day. Holly
 
Hi Super Snapper thanks so much for your kind wishes and so much appreciated. Still can't believe the wait is over and this time tomorrow I will be all done and my knee surgery will be all finished and then just waiting till all healed and in the spring my husband and I will go back to our park just loving the thought of our walks. Holly
 
best wishes for tomorrow--see you when you get back.
 
Thank very much Kneeper very excited and not long now. Just need to think of a new thread title as no longer will be waiting for a new knee but will be so thankful to have my new knee. Holly
 
This afternoon when we came home I did my wrapping. My gifts for my husband are all wrapped now and under our tree his stocking has the things I bought for him in it and just buying a bit this year but know he will like his gifts. The best gift for me will be coming home to see him and spending time together. I will b e icing and elevating and hoping my pain medications are working and just spending time all relie ved that this surgery is over and looking forward to a nice recovery.

Such an amazing chance this knee will bring to have more stable mobility then I have had for more then 10 years with my own left knee and right knee to. I was talking to my surgeon one day before asking to go on the waiting list and told him that most of my walks are with my husband holding onto my arm keeping me from falling . He said it is still a good idea walking that way when all better as even with two good knees walking arm in arm is a special thing to do. I am looking to seeing my surgeon again tomorrow as he makes me feel very safe know I am in good hands. Thanks and will see you on the other side when I come home. Holly
 
Hey lavender. Just wanted to say I am glad u had a good day... Prayers for a successful sugary and blessed recovery. Xxxx best luck!!! ❤️


SonnysWife❤️
 
Hi Holly @lavender
Good luck tomorrow!! Will be praying for you and surgery. Will watch for your post when you get home. Merry Christmas!!
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi sandbar 525 Thank you for your kind wishes just a few hours more can't sleep my husband is sick and hoping he will be feeling better. Hope to be home for Christmas and will write when coming home Thanks again Holly
 
Hi Mary Davis Thank you tonight we went to bed early have to be up by 430 so wanted to get extra sleep. See you on the other side holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi appaloosa girl Just two more hours to go till leaving for the hospital. Too excited to sleep so just waiting. holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well less then a half hour to go now all ready waiting to see my brothers face at our window and then off we go. My husband is looking better today thinking he will pick allergy stuff today picked up the inhaler from pharmacy that doctor gave him a repeat for he has not needed the one he had for a while and his new inhaler seems to be helping his breathing. Hope he is alright he says he is and just a few more minutes now. Keep wanting to get a drink of water and then remember it is a no no so not sure that the surgery today has connected as not worried and hoping all goes well. Thanks for all of your support and kind post Holly
 
@lavender Hope you are finally on your way. Please focus your energy on yourself. Your husband might be stressed but I am sure he can cope. It's you that needs his support. See you on the other side!
 
Good luck today. I pray for you to have a speedy recovery. Xxxx



SonnysWife❤️
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1419247862.808881.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom