TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother has just called they are on their way have to get the wrapping done for them will be nice to see both of them and he is so excited about driving us tomorrow things are moving along nicely and getting excited. Holly
 
Hi Mary Davis :santa gifts: Thanks for the lovely picture and very kind of you. I am happy you managed to have a shower and how nice it feels after being in the hospital and just another way to get back to feeling a little more normal and comfortable to. Have not use a bench since last surgery so trying to remember how I got onto it and so last night thought I better make sure it is set up so it will be ok when coming home. Noticing that one set of legs have two sets of adjustment holes all the way down so tricky to lig the both legs up the same way it started out a little bit shaky so now after a little fiddling with it my husband and me have it all set.

Tried a bath seat but too big to put in our bath tub so one day my husband appeared from our drug store by the park and in his hand he had a box with a new bench in it. They are more expensive then a chair so I had been thinking of other things to use instead but he said he was planning on having my own for me I am happy he did as no idea how to do it safely any other way. All set now less then a day to go 20 hours to go my countdown has started now just hours away. :reindeer:
:chris-win:



Hope you are not needing to go shopping anymore before Christmas stores are getting really busy. Love the places in the mall where you can sit. Our mall over the last few years has added lots of nice cushy places to sit all the way down the aisles so know if i go in with my husband I have somewhere to wait when my shopping is finished make stops all along the way and then start again. We are watching the movie "Holiday Inn now with Bing Crosby then more to see through the day.

I have my clothes ready for tomorrow nice and comfortable and thinking my brother said he will be coming by today when talking to him through the week and then he has offered to take us to the hospital tomorrow early arrival hope he is here on time but knowing he will be. I hope I will be home on time as we will be going to their house for Christmas and that is something we both enjoy.:dancing:
:treestar:


He is so much like our Dad and we have so much in common to share love this brother so much he has such a kind strong way about him. Knowing my husband will take care of things he will take care of whatever we need until I can drive again. Your husband sounds very caring of how you are doing and very caring about making sure you are alright so we are both very luck to have the great husbands we do. I will try to post again before going tomorrow and thanks for your kindness love receiving your posts. Holly:santaclap:
:box::reindeerlights:



Thanks lavender. Good luck tomorrow. . Will be thinking and praying for you. Hope u have nice visit. It's nice to have a hubby who helps. I just have s bath seat. Have it all figured out lol. It's nice to have a good supportive family who cares. [i just got my kids hub and GOD AND MY KITTY. CHAT soon. Icing resting all day. Won't be going no where. Not like crowds. ATTACH=full]28989[/ATTACH]
:santawave:



SonnysWife❤️
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1419177106.997728.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 190
Lavender that's awesome. I am glad you have your family. Don't be scared at all. U have God hub family by yA. Make the best of your Sunday. In no time u be ❤️




SonnysWife❤️
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @lavender - haven't been around much of late, but I remembered you 2nd TKR is due tomorrow, as it is my Mum's Birthday!

May your surgeon's hands be swift and sure, may your nurses be kind and gentle, and may your recovery be straightforward and your pain low.

I'll be thinking of you.
Next year you will be walking around your park with your husband and enjoying all the wildlife, and hopefully it will be so much easier than this year.

Love XXXX
 
Thank you @Celle Going to watch a movie were now home and relaxing for the rest of the night. I will write when I come home hopefully before Christmas but will write when I am home again and now just anxious for my surgery. Holly
 
Hello @dogwheels Thank you so happy to be going tomorrow for my surgery and by this time tomorrow I will have my new knee. Wishing your Mom a really nice birthday and happy it is almost time. I really like my surgeon he is a very caring man and has a very good reputation feel safe under his care and know he will take good care of me. Met the other people who will be involved in my surgery tomorrow and feel very comfortable all will go great.

My brother has told me make sure alarm clock set he will be at our door by 5:15 and has offered to take us to the hospital and then anything that my husbands need he will do with him. I have no worry of being ready as I will probably be watching the clock through the night waiting to go . He is going to take my husband and I to the hospital in his vehicle and being that it sits higher up to get into then our car when it is time to take me home he is coming in our vehicle which is roomy and our front seat is easy to slide into just the right height for me.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and looking forward to my brand new knee how lucky I feel to be getting this knee and a wonderful present for Christmas easier movement and more walks. Holly
 
Hi Mary Davis Thanks for the cute smile and will write when I come home once again Thanks very much Holly
 
One last stop by our park today how much I will miss visiting our feathered friends but just for a little while and then see them again. Walking along the pathway from our car noticed a man with a dog creamy white with patches of soft beigh and looked like a Basset Hound and sure enough she was. She has stopped and appeared to be waiting to see us. Never remember her before she was lovely and waited for us to move along the distance her Dad the man told her to sit nice and she did. I asked him if she was a girl or boy and he introduced her as Holly. I told this lovely dog that we shared the same name she was lovely she had the softest ears, gentle and he told me that she loved people. I think she knew we would like to talk to her she stayed still and let me soft her hair and so happy we had the chance to see her and talk to the man walking her.

My husband mentioned to the man that this would be our last walk for a little while and told him tomorrow would be my surgery day. He told us his Dad had spent many times in the hospital with cancer and at this time would be able to spend Christmas with his family. He wished me the best for my surgery and looked forward to meeting us again on one of our walks. This time with my new knee and so happy to be going in tomorrow. Off to sit on the bench for the last time before the new year and feeding our geese and ducks and how much to look forward to . Holly
 
Thanks @referee54 I will be seeing everyone on the other side with my new knee and happy to be just about 14 hours now away from time to check in at the hospital and just a little longer till my surgery time. Will write when coming home. Excited so Excited to be almost there. Holly
 
I always wondered when reading about the type of knee people had for their new knees how you could tell what type of knee never noticed it on the paperwork before and kept forgetting to ask . Know it would be the right knee for me and that would be why they chose the knee they gave me but nice to find out what my knees name is. Either way so happy as this will make my mobility so much easier and it is a new knee but just wondered . I mean the name of the knee.

I did not know there were different types but maybe because different places manufacture them not sure but thinking this might be it. I noticed when waiting for my appointment at my surgeons office during my pre- op appointments that the form that I filled in listing medications and allergies and stuff and then signed this sheet saying that I was wishing this surgery and just before handing it to the secretary at his office that the type of knee that they will be giving me is a Stryker hope that is the correct spelling but this is the name of the knee they are giving me tomorrow and then matching set two new knees.

How lucky to live in a day and age when surgery of this type can make such a difference and such a help to quality of life. Holly
 
Holly, I loved your story about the visit to your park. I would say the appearance of the gentleman and his dog and your interaction is a sign that things are going to go very well for you tomorrow. I hope you are feeling peaceful and good about your new knee future.
 
Hi @Yorkimom Thank you for your kindness time is going by fast and tomorrow will come quick now only 11 1/2 more hours till needing to be at the hospital . My brother will need to get to bed early as he is coming to get us to go to the hospital and that means leaving his house by 5:15. It will be nice to see him in the morning as he will be coming to take us and then my surgery. Had a really nice day today just quiet other then the visit from my brother and his wife. My brother said our nieces are excited to and wondering what he has planned thinking he is going to show movies of our family or something he said they are excited to have us come. I am getting all set just needing to get dressed and go had my shower tonight and then off to the hospital . See you on the other side can't believe it has come and almost time. Holly
 
Hi @Jamie Thank you I believe that things happen for a reason and do believe to that this was a good sign what a beautiful dog she was like the Hush Puppy dog and 4 years old. I am feeling very at ease in fact today my reading when taking my glucose level had actually dropped to the number that shows it is in good shape lower then it has been and that is also a good sign. Usually the level goes up with stress but this did not cause not feeling stressed. Not too much longer eating supper getting ready for early bedtime and then wow the morning will bring me a brand new knee so happy. Holly
 
Thank you @Ellejay For your caring kind words and I will be happy to come back when I come home and tell you how nice it is to have the surgery over and two nice knees to get me around so much easier. Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom