TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to reading of you getting the"matching set" on 12/22!

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers, and look forward to reading your posts from the "Other Side"!
 
@lavender I am so excited for you when I think how much easier walking in your park will be this spring! I really hope you have a quick easy recovery!
 
@tiredwife Thanks this past few days is going slow just wish it was surgery day . Hoping it goes well but at knowing at least it is worth a try better then walking this way if surgery can help . Hope you are doing well holly
 
Hi Diana Thankyou . Wishing you a Merry Christmas as well and hoping you have a wonderful Happy New Year looking forward to walks in our park this spring hope all goes well and my two knees manage walks hoping so hoping to go for longer walks no more feeling wobbly. Holly
 
Hello Holly, just wanted to pop in and say "Hi". I'm sure the time must be really dragging for you, but this time next week it will all be over and you might even be back at home being cared for. I am so pleased I've had my second knee done, I'm sure you will be too. Good luck with it all, I look forward to chatting after the event xxxx
 
Hi Ellejay Thankyou for popping in nice to receive your post. Getting anxious about surgery excited and a little scared not about the surgery but feeling better over the past few days and on Monday I will have a new knee by supper time and then waiting to go home and spend time with my husband. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and thanks again Will try to write when I get home from hospital hoping to be out by Christmas Eve but if not know at least I will be coming home. Holly
 
Good luck. Nice to have a husband who cares and will be by your side till the end of recovery. Xxxx


SonnysWife❤️
 
Hi Mary Davis Thanks so much my husband helped me get my new bath bench all set up in our bath tub tonight and with a few little adjustments to the legs of the bench all set. Had a shower to try it out and it worked great less water on the floor of the bathroom with this bench just have to get a plan for where to put soap dish and wash cloth to make it easier to get to them to keep them from falling into the bath tub.

The shower head is the type that you use either up on the shower top or can use it down hand shower head. I did not have one of these shower heads last surgery so thinking this will help a lot this time around and nice to have my own transfer bench this time borrowed one last time so no rush to return it. Hope your knee is feeling alright and hope you had a nice day and wishing you a great day tomorrow. We are going to wrap my brothers families presents tonight or tomorrow morning and then they will be ready to have for them before going to the hospital or after he comes when home from surgery. Having Christmas with them if I am home and the past few days have gone fast so just a day away now. Holly
 
Oh Holly @lavender so going to miss hearing from you till after you get home. You are going to feel better once the knee is done. The meds will control your pain. And the pain is so much different then our arthritis. The time at the hospital will go fast too!
Rest up!!
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That great Lavender. My hub helped me yesterday. It felt so great. Heck I was drop stuff everywhere. That's way our shower head is. I tell ya made me fill better. But I had to figure how to get in there. So had to get in backwards put towel on top of bench. And hold leg straight out and turn around. Was a mess. Have good night.


SonnysWife❤️
 
Hope this is ok and don't offend no one....:Rest up lavender. I hope you make your Sunday afternoon full of fun and memories.[Thanks for the article it was very helpful. I like hearing from yal. I know it's going to be a lot easier this time. Because you are aware of what is happening. Have a good night.



SonnysWife❤️
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1419127640.586855.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dana @appaloosa girl It is so nice to have received your post and thanks so much. I enjoy being part of this forum and will miss all of you to. I hope you are having pain free days and being that you have your horse hope you get back to getting a chance to go for rides on your horse soon. I will write when I get home can't believe the difference in how I felt when coming to bone smart for the first time. The way I felt changed and being told that things would be alright sure helped as all turned out fine for my first knee and nice to have made so many nice friends who all understand.

Yesterday gave the floors a swifter wipe up and today just going to do a quick go over the carpet on main floor with the vacuum and that it all then just going to watch movies pick up some cough syrup for my husband and then take it easy.

Waking up today looking at the clock and telling my husband less then a day away for surgery by this time tomorrow I will be getting my brand new knee. Wishing you all the best will try to write before going and saying will be back soon not hoping to be gone for too long just a couple of days. I guess as they say I will see you on the other side just have to think of a new thread name as no longer will be getting a new knee by tomorrow but will have a new knee and new chance for going on our wonderful walks in the park we love to visit and so many nice things memories there.

My husband asked me to marry him on the little grassy bank where the carousel now stands and I was born just two streets over from this park. I got hit by one of the swings in our park just tiny then my brother did not mean to hit me with his swing I must have got away and got too close just 3 years old at the time but remember it so clear. Just so many nice memories there not including the swing but just seems like a little while ago how did the time go by so fast. No snow just a wee bit on the grass nice for walking no ice, guess it is pretty with snow but not missing driving on the slippery roads. Just enough for now on the grass quite a bit but guess. See you in a few days and thanks again. Holly
 
Holly,
Wishing you all the best tomorrow morning, and looking forward to hearing from you at the end of the week.
:elevate:
 
Hi Mary Davis :santa gifts: Thanks for the lovely picture and very kind of you. I am happy you managed to have a shower and how nice it feels after being in the hospital and just another way to get back to feeling a little more normal and comfortable to. Have not use a bench since last surgery so trying to remember how I got onto it and so last night thought I better make sure it is set up so it will be ok when coming home. Noticing that one set of legs have two sets of adjustment holes all the way down so tricky to lig the both legs up the same way it started out a little bit shaky so now after a little fiddling with it my husband and me have it all set.

Tried a bath seat but too big to put in our bath tub so one day my husband appeared from our drug store by the park and in his hand he had a box with a new bench in it. They are more expensive then a chair so I had been thinking of other things to use instead but he said he was planning on having my own for me I am happy he did as no idea how to do it safely any other way. All set now less then a day to go 20 hours to go my countdown has started now just hours away. :reindeer:
:chris-win:



Hope you are not needing to go shopping anymore before Christmas stores are getting really busy. Love the places in the mall where you can sit. Our mall over the last few years has added lots of nice cushy places to sit all the way down the aisles so know if i go in with my husband I have somewhere to wait when my shopping is finished make stops all along the way and then start again. We are watching the movie "Holiday Inn now with Bing Crosby then more to see through the day.

I have my clothes ready for tomorrow nice and comfortable and thinking my brother said he will be coming by today when talking to him through the week and then he has offered to take us to the hospital tomorrow early arrival hope he is here on time but knowing he will be. I hope I will be home on time as we will be going to their house for Christmas and that is something we both enjoy.:dancing:
:treestar:


He is so much like our Dad and we have so much in common to share love this brother so much he has such a kind strong way about him. Knowing my husband will take care of things he will take care of whatever we need until I can drive again. Your husband sounds very caring of how you are doing and very caring about making sure you are alright so we are both very luck to have the great husbands we do. I will try to post again before going tomorrow and thanks for your kindness love receiving your posts. Holly:santaclap:
:box::reindeerlights:
:santawave:
 
Hi Pumpkln Thank you I can't believe how close the time is now just happy to be this close to surgery and all ready to go. Just taking today easy watching movies and a little vacuuming and then sitting and watching our Christmas movies. Now watching Holiday Inn and then more. Had Cinnamon buns for a treat for breakfast. Watching movies and working on my cross stitch even the little place that I put my things by the couch is all fixed up now decided what cross stitch to work on can't decide so have a few on our love seat so easy to get to if needing to.

Wearing my most comfy shoes a little looser then my other athletic shoes so easy to get on and off without having to be tied up . Thinking today is going to go fast already 3 hours has passed since getting up today going quick. I will get lots of sleep during surgery so probably will not sleep to much through the night cannot sleep when I know I have to be up early and will have to be up by 4:30 tomorrow so that will be alright. I will be writing after I get home as no way to take a lap top and will look forward to seeing everyone on the other side. Holly
 
@lavender Holly,I wanted to wish you all the best for your surgery tomorrow and on your recovery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are home for Christmas and can enjoy it with your husband and brother. Enjoy the rest of today!
 
Hi Diana @new knee in June Thanks Diana for the lovely picture yes they are just about the size of our lovely little baby geese when we first saw them last spring. I love seeing them they are something I am looking forward to going to visit when the time to drive again comes. I will miss our park but know it will be easier when we go back even if needing to walk with the walker my Dad used we walk together.

I am now less then 20 hours away from arrival time at the hospital my brother will be taking us and then he said after work he will come to the hospital to visit and see if my husband is still there they will go home together. It will be a long day for my husband as he will be coming to the hospital and then plans to stay for the day he says he has no place that is as important as being with me there and he is so happy to see that my knee will be all taken care of tomorrow.:santa hug::santa hug:

I found a picture a cross stitch kit last year that I am going to stitch. It is a picture of a river little like a marshy area and along it geese in the water. Above the water and trees flying are geese snow on the ground so happy to see it one day when looking at patterns in our friends cross stitch store and just had to buy it. Makes me feel like we are standing along the river in our park and the geese are the geese we feed. Called Winter retreat love this makes me feel nice just looking at it.
:santa sleigh:
When stitched it will have a special place to hang where it can be seen often when passing. Told by the anesthesiologist (such a long title for a job keep trying to remember how to spell it) no need to bring my medications or insulin that day he said not to worry they would have everything needed there and he would make sure that all medications would be given to me. One less thing to remember in the morning. Christmas is almost here and it will be so nice. Try to post before I go to hospital and thanks for your kindness. I will wish you a Merry Christmas now just in case I do not get back before then and wishing you a lovely Christmas day . Holly:santawave::snowman::tree lights:
 
Hi Minnie's knees Thanks so much not long now just 19 1/2 hours to go till arrival at hospital. My brother and his wife have two daughters. His oldest our niece was born on Christmas day and this year will be her 25th birthday. She was born the year my Gram died and how much she would have loved this lovely girl. My brothers other daughter also our niece is a lovely girl to going through to be a teacher and it will be nice to see both them.

My Gram and Grampa were married on Christmas Eve so many years ago and the year my brothers first little daughter was born this little Christmas baby was born made her so many little things. Knitted and sewed and showed them to my Gram along the way so she got to be part of things, my Gram had left a little sweater set she had made by a friend of hers to be given for her gift to the new baby even though she had left us she had planned ahead and made us cry to see it at the shower .

She no longer found it comfortable to knit as she had arthritis at this time but made a little ceramic teddy bear bank for my husband and I who were also trying to have a little one so we decided this would be a nice thing to give them to from her. My Gram walked really well at the age of 83 so did my Dad but her hands were arthritic so knitting was offered by her friend she kept her gift a secret but her friend knew how excited she was about this little baby coming she had even wrapped it up before she was put in the hospital found when looking her house.

She did not get a chance to see this little girl but in my heart I believe she did see her and how much she would have loved them. Hoping your knee is not having any pain and that you have a very Merry Christmas to. Will try to write before going but in case I do not get a chance wishing you all the best. Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom