TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife I am going to make my own way to. On days when my knee is swollen not doing too much. Expected do these last time no matter what that is what happened last and doing it different this time The therapist that told you that the ways of taking care of people who have had surgery and the old ways being outdated wish I could find someone like that but the massage therapist guy has the right idea and this therapy was the most beneficial of all calming improved movement did not cause swelling and will be my choice again. Holly
 
Hi @tiredwife I have not felt apprehensive at all not until the meeting at the hospital not about the surgery that is not the problem but with the thought that the feelings will come again so upsetting last time, cannot deal with those feeling again. I know that I will be alright but really wish pt was not part of that meeting. I am afraid that the pt will not be happy with me as now after reading this list again know the requirements will not be a priority for me hoping to get sleep this time and worries about the pt will not change that. Holly
 
Boy, that list of "required" exercises needs to make a quick trip to the nearest trash can!!! You have the right idea, so just don't let anyone try to bully you into doing things that hurt or make you swell.

I believe you may be talking about Jo's recovery thread. Check out the link and let me know if that's not the right thread that you're wanting to review.
 
Hi @Mary Davis hope you are doing fine hope your knee is doing fine to and that you are getting sleep. Are you ready for Christmas not too much longer now. Planned to do some baking but while shopping for groceries I found a nice plate of different types of shortbread and cookies with cherries and fruit so not worried about baking now. My husband says relax, why bake just buy what we need. You need to sit and so that is what I am doing. We were planning on going to our park tonight to see the Christmas displays but both too tired well maybe tomorrow looking today in our park so many nice displays. Peanuts gang Charlie Brown and Linus and Snoopy on his dog house so well made lots of hours putting them together. Another is a sleigh and pulling the sleigh beautiful woven reindeers all made of wicker or something like it large graceful so pretty. Santas workshop so and the little Christmas train. Hoping for tomorrow looking forward to seeing this lovely place. Hope you are getting some sleep and feeling good and wishing you the best. Holly
 
Hon, you know we ALL feel this way right before surgery. I did too with my second knee. It's just a normal part of human nature. You'll be past it soon and on your way to that life you want. Hang in there....
 
Hi @Jamie and thank you so much. I feel so much better now just a little touch of panic not sure why but feeling so much better now. Tomorrow last appointment with guy who will be putting me out for my surgery hard to spell his title and then time off till Monday . Thanks so much Holly
 
Hi lavender. Thanks for the message. I am doing well. My leg has been hurting off and on. And [doing some kind crzy spasms. Yes I am ready for Christmas. My hub won't let me do nothing. His new thing is go to our room. Haha. I don't listen and he gets in front of me or behind me. Grab crutch and lays them down. While having my paints. And he sets me down on couch. I said u crazy. He said woman I said rest. I said I am lol I'm hungry thirsty. I can't become bed bound. I am Excerise lol. He crazy. I wish I had talent to do crafts. I want to go out but after the trip to Walmart and party that's did me in. Have to go to doc Thursday. Other day went doc same day as party. Doc said wow look pretty. Glue start peal and itch lol. But on the good note got me some zophran so I don't get sick and can take Meds... My doc is a Christian and prays at every visit and in sugury room. Makes me fill better. Has anyone doc called them while they been recovering? My doc did me. He is sweet. How is everyone. Me better today I think. I have a new collection. Houses. [i don't know if I posted this. If so lol sorry. OPEN LINK. OUR Xmas decorations. [. Hope all is well tonight. And hope u have fun. Lol lavender send me some crafts. ATTACH=full]28829[/ATTACH



ATTACH=full]28828[/ATTACH]ATTACH=full]28827[/ATTACH

ATTACH=full]28826[/ATTACH]


SonnysWife❤️
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1418695047.418732.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 120
  • [Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1418695449.867351.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 126
  • [Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1418695560.577290.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 137
  • [Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1418695968.762587.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 108
Hi @Mary Davis Your husband is right relax my husband is the same makes sure that I am alright and always trying to make sure I am not doing anything that will hurt me. Your Christmas lights are beautiful and thanks for showing them to us. I am happy your doctor is a nice man this is so important and encouragement is very important for us to feel comfortable with everything happening. Your pussy cat is beautiful to do you have one or more are both pictures taken of the same cat. So content and looks very comfortable laying there. The picture of your cat laying up on the top of your furniture is so much like our Oscar he loved getting up on things they are so proud when they show you how they can do all of the neat things they do. Your table with your ornaments is pretty to and the lights make it very nice to.

I have to take some more pictures of my cross stitch my husband takes better pictures knows how to get the light right . He has taken so many pictures over the years always had two sets made so pictures of wedding the people always got a set from us to keep for their own. I have finished the cross stitch that I have been working on one of many now she turned out beautiful the patterns are so detailed and looking forward to framing her. I will ask my husband to take a picture of her and will show you how she looks. Her name if "The Lady of the Mist" she is sitting in a garden surrounded by roses on either side and she is very pretty. Here is another cross stitch that I have finished and have now framed hope you have a great sleep tonight and that you are feeling comfortable your husband is trying to make sure you keep safe and nice that he keeps an eye on you shows he cares so much for you and loves you. My husband is making sure that everything is set keeps making sure pathways are clear he keeps checking to make sure I have what needed to use after surgery. He is making sure there is no way they will not send me home right away. Very lucky he is wonderful. Holly
 
@lavender Holly The apprehension is probably because your surgery date is getting so close and you know what to expect having been through this before. It will be fine, please don't worry. You are in charge of your PT. Your wonderful husband will be there right beside you and soon you will have two good knees:yahoo:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Minnie's knees Thanks know it is just a case of the jitters and all will be well. I did not get my surgery date last time around till a couple of weeks before surgery so no time to really think too much. Did not find out till just before surgery and they had just two weeks to fit in pre op and iron levels so this time around it seems like so long ago when my date was given. Just ready so ready so time to think but not much longer now. Hope you are doing fine . Holly
 
Sounds like you are ready for the surgrey. It will happen and this time since you know what to do, I belive it will be easier. Take care and be ready for the challege. Take care, Tashia:chrissy grin:
 
Well by this time next week I will have had my surgery and thinking about the time to come home. Last time only 2 days came out of recovery on the Friday at close to 5pm. Surgeon said it would be ok to go home if I wanted to go early so went Sunday he said rather then waiting till the morning would I like to go home before that guess it looked liked I was managing fine.

My surgeon told me when he came to visit me that day that it would be ok he thought it would be nice to go early be with my husband so left the hospital a couple of hours later when my husband and my brother came to get me. So actually only 2 days there after recovery room. Not sure how it will work this time. People keep saying I will probably be in during Christmas day or later.

My family doctor cannot believe it will take that long and is thinking probably by Christmas eve if all looks well and hoping it does. I had a look at my posts last night from the start of my first replacement when I found bone smart. I was reading at the 6 week point and at that point, found the pain levels, felt so much happier and walking outside our house seeing our garden,

It was before starting the new pt at his clinic and in these posts think I was starting to see things getting easier, Things changd a little after going to the next pt but also reading how much I like the massages so knowing that things got better sooner then I thought and at that point 8 weeks started to drive no more pain medications other then tylenol so it actually went smoother aside from the pt people then remembered. Left knee bending better by almost 25 degrees at this point so it hopefully will make the bend after surgery better then the first. Holly
 
Good luck. I can't wait to see how I will do. So far I'm not doing so well. The day u guess it's rainy dreary and I have ache. I'm trying use the Excerise Machine. Was up to 90 had go down to 80 cause get to stiff. And was make me cringe. But I guess will be for best.
[Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas



I pray that your [sugury healing be success. And u get go home for Christmas... ATTACH=full]28847[/ATTACH] a


SonnysWife❤️
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1418745228.214387.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 136
@lavender
Hi Holly,
Sorry you have the "Jitters" Here are my rules for calming myself......
1, Keep Busy
2, Lots of Tea
3, Lay on your bed with arms propped on pillows & legs also. Breathe in through your nose & out
Through your mouth, concentrate on only your breathing & your mind will be calmed.
Please don't worry about P.T. Remember they work for you & you are entitled to say "NO" at
Anytime. You will be just fine :friends:Just keep thinking of your lovely walks in the park.
Thinking of you,
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @Mary Davis Thank you so much for your lovely kind wishes so pretty and thank again they made me feel very nice. Your bend will get easier. Mine would go up and then down a little and my surgeon told me that swelling from overworking my knee and swelling from the surgery probably caused this. Hope you are resting and having some time to relax. Today's appointment went so good my husband and I did a little shopping at the drug store then to our park to feed the ducks, and then he took me out for lunch to have a hamburger and fries feel so nice all is well. Back to being excited again and know I will be in good hands. Hope you are having a nice day and all the best for you . Holly
 
@new knee in June

Hi @Diana Just arriving home and so nice to receive your post and thanks. I think your ways of feeling calm are right on the button. I cannot believe that I let the pt meeting and pt at our house get me down. I promised myself and my surgeon promised me that we will not let the aggressive pt happen this time around. I had a talk to myself today and after the meeting said to my husband why am I even thinking of the pt they are not doing my surgery, not counting on them during my surgery so what is the problem. I talk to myself once and a while this way and have decided the pt is the least of the things.

I met with the anesthesiologist today and feel so much more at ease. How could I have let the pt make me feel less then excited and told her yesterday that if I am not happy with the way she treats me she will not be back. Explained that I have been through aggressive pt people and not again.

I like the man that will be doing this for my surgery . He explained what he was going to give me for putting me out for surgery asked what they did for me last time around and explained a few things that were not mentioned last time. He asked if I felt anything during surgery and was I comfortable during the hours after leaving recovery room. He explained that they would be giving a needle in my upper thigh and this would help to keep things frozen no pain. He also told me that he would give me a cocktail of medications to keep an eye on me as well. He said he knew I had a replacement before this and so I would be having the same things this time. He checked my spine and said everything was good for surgery and everything looks good to go.

Why worry about the pt as I have the best surgeon really like him, now meeting the anesthesiologist feel very confident about him to very caring. I was told at pre-op that I should bring my pills and insulin with me on the day of surgery. I asked him I I should do this and he told me no they would have everything at the hospital in medications that I would not need to bring any of my own . I did not take my own medications with me last time for surgery so thought it might be good to check with him as he knows.

He said not to bring anything but myself and what I would be wearing and any toiletries needed and that is all that I need to worry about. I told him that I knew I was in good hands as the last surgery received the best care and treated with such kindness. He said my heart is good all tests came back with great results. Checked to see what the specialist my husband goes to and I went to for pre-op told me about medications to take before surgery night before and in the morning . I told him just pills taken at supper and my insulin before bed just needing to take less insulin on that night. He agreed with what the specialist said so no medications needed to be taken on the morning of surgery .

I was so pleased to see the lady that took care of me last time. I first met Janet when going to my Moms pre-op appointments before my Moms replacement surgeries and she has kept in touch with me keeping an eye to make sure iron levels are strong. She has just come back from Seattle she went there to help with her daughter during the delivery of her baby and she is the Blood Co-ordinator missed her at my pre-op so really happy to see her today and she said all of my tests came back really good. I like her she is one of those people who takes time to spend a few minutes to talk and told me she had a new little grandson and such a nice lady. Very relaxed and everything in the hospital for their pre-op today seemed to be running so much smoother and flowing along so much less stressful.

Feeling great , no more appointments till surgery day. My husband has plans for us to go to see a few movies this week before I am not getting out as much . Excited and so looking forward to them. Feeling very calm like I had felt before that meeting, looking forward to me surgery feeling excited to be this close to the day . Knowing I can get a good night sleep tonight. How great this feeling is back to feeling like me again. Are you all set for Christmas. We think we have everything all ready here. Now just a few more days met a few nice people today in the hallway sitting waiting for my appointment and hoping that one of these nice people may be sharing a room with me. Holly
 
On our way home today we stopped into our park. It was funny to see all the ducks running up the bank from the water they were swimming on so many. Know they must have been hungry as the ducks do not usually come as close as the geese. Trying to make sure they all had something to eat and cute to see them coming so fast so many we just stood to feed them did not make it to a bench.

Only one sea gull joined in as well. We buy crusty bread from Walmart and within just a few minutes they had finished the full loaf. No snow on the ground so easy for them to see the bread we were feeding them. More displays of lights now in our park my husband did not have his camera and neither did I but he took a few pictures on his cell phone. Hoping to get back and see this lovely display all lit up at night.

The past few days have been very foggy so this is why we have left going to see the lights raining so hoping by Thursday it will have cleared up. Watching our Christmas movies and so many nice movies on television. The price of gas has been very high for so long just kept going up changing more then once a day sometimes and now. The price of gas is the lowest seen for such a long time now at 98 cents per liter down from $ 1.40 a liter and the price has even been higher then this over the past three years.

Wondering how long it will stay low it is about time how much higher could it have went. Not such a big shock when filling up our car it was getting expensive wish it was this low when my Dad was such a long drive away needed to see him could not have missed would not want to have. But at that time we were spending 50.00 every three days and very expensive but he was worth more then money.

Getting ready to have a nice bath early night gown night easy supper and then a night to relax how much difference a day can make in the way you feel and how much better I feel today. Anxiously waiting just 5 days and the sixth is surgey day know I am ready for whatever is to come. Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom