TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly,
Your post to Billywiz is one of the kindest, supportive, and informative post I have seen.
I am sure he will appreciate reading your post,
I just wanted to let you know how wonderful your post is without derailing his thread,
Chris:friends:
 
Hi @Pumpkln Thanks so very much your reply is so appreciated. I know that my posts can get long my heart seems to spill out but remembering how it felt. You have all meant so much to me thanking my husband for all the love and kindness to. I came here and you all wrapped me in warm caring hands when if felt that it would not ever get better and made me part of something that I will always remember with thanks that I wont ever forget. My friends and family did not really understand they though if I just kept pushing it even advised that a walk around the block a few times would make it all better this walk was more then I could do when my legs were strong and steady in 45 minutes they did not understand so I kept trying to do better to show them I was able. People that I have met along my way actually understood more and seemed to be concerned. I feel for you all as I have been where you have all been wondering why and if it would change and now looking back so thankful for the surgery and once again so thankful for all of you as well. Hoping you are having a pain free weekend and thanks to you as well for being there. Holly
 
:wowspring:I am so excited. After receiving a reply to my post about the messages appearing down the screen too far from @Phil and his post advice has put things back to normal. No longer scrolling down so far to see messages now right at the top and guess I have not been in the bone smart 3 version now I am and it looks so nice and bright thanks again Phil and I love Bone smarts new look. Holly
 
Hi Holly,
@lavender


Your kind words & thoughts for billywizz /Jimmy were very touching and will be sure to help him.

? What is the BoneSmart 3 version ?

Cathie
 
Hi @marmora The new version of Bonesmart is 3.0 not sure if it is actually called version but it is the updated Bone smart that they were having trouble with at the beginning a month or so ago. My computer was still set to the previous way Bone smart 2.0 I just noticed that it is called the Bone smart style not version actually managed to switch it over and then just now remembering how I did it. I found the way to change to Bone smart 3.0 on bottom of the right hand corner under the post on the golden bar below the post reply button . Phil helped me with his reply and said that the 3.0 style would make it work properly so I checked it out. My posts were so far down the screen before but now they are sitting where I can see them at the top so nice to have this fixed and looks so much nicer Holly
 
@lavender
Hi Holly,

Thank you for the information.

I'm not very technical, so will ask my son over the next few days to explain/translate the explanation for me.

Have a good evening/night,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora Assuming you are in the older "style" 2.0 at the very bottom on the left you should see "Bonesmart 2.0" underlined. Click on it and you are given the option of which "style" you want to use. This is what it looks like below the reply box. See on the very bottom left?

[Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
 
Hi @marmora You are probably set to the 3.0 style already if it looks different then the one we were using before the change when things started to slow down. Not sure why mine was still at the previous version 2.0 but if yours looks different then the one you used when you joined then you are probably where you should be. My computer screen was still showing the avatar with the messages count and gender and stuff listed below but the way it looks now is with these things listed across the top and I think that is how it was supposed to look now. Hope I have not confused you. My knowledge of computers is what I have gathered along the way aside from the things that I needed to use in my job with the computer my knowledge is a bit limited when it comes to troubleshooting did not grow up using them. Hope you are having a nice weekend Holly
 
:thankyou:@Phil75070
Thanks,
See it now and I am on the 2.0 , will change to the newer version.

Cathie
 
@marmora That worked out nice hoping you are all set thanks @Phil thinking the new 3.0 version looks nice and bright and happy to be all set. Holly
 
Hi @marmora great to have us all fixed up and wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.Never thought about it till Phil's answered my post and explained why my screen was not looking right. Holly
 
Today we went for a nice walk in our park. Yesterday was drizzling a bit and on and off rain so we did not go missed our time there. So today we went and sat getting our bread ready for our friends and slowly making our way bench to bench along the water managed with my husbands help his arm to steady me we sat in the sun and watched the water and relaxed. This weekend in our park at the other end down past the large waterfall they were having the annual Rib fest festival .

Lots of tents and rides and something like 10 spare rib stands from around Canada and some from the States. We decided to pass and went for our breakfast yesterday but the smell was wonderful just really crowded and not ready to walk the distance down into the food area. Maybe next year but liked our breakfast love going there. The Rib fest is for a good cause and support charities like the Rotary club which does so much good. We did not meet anyone today just enjoyed the quiet and fresh air breeze . Lots of little ones getting ready to go back to school next week so a chance to have time to run around and just enjoy the freedom.

We enjoyed the festival the year we went it can get a bit expensive so we thought maybe go next year. Signs of the approaching fall cooler nights getting a bit darker earlier and a few leaves seem to be turning color. Many of the geese are now in flight and not always landing to be fed but today the sound of their honking and the sight of their arrival and landing was so wonderful . They stopped by our bench and had some food lots of ducks mostly male and of course so many seagulls some don't but I love the seagulls to they look so pretty when they are all flying. Remembering as a little girl the excitement on summer vacation up North was the only place that they could be seen.

We are trying to take in all of what is left of the summer will miss it when the cold weather comes this summer has not been as humid as some and until last week 2 humid days it has been beautiful. I have always loved the fall and Spring the best but this has also been a wonderful comfortable summer. The sun on my legs seems to make them feel so much better. Well of to our appointments tomorrow 2 for me and 1 for my husband and hoping to get back to the park.

Busy weeks to come and then getting closer to seeing the surgeon. Hoping to have a date for surgery right leg is stiff trying to I think make up for left which is having a rough time getting around and will look forward to walking on two stronger knees. Hope you are having a great day Holly
 
Great visit with the clinic dietician today and came home feeling much more at ease. I was worried that my morning reading were not as low as they should be. She took lots of time with me and said that she was pleased with the progress and explained that this is a very normal thing even people without diabetis are prone to waking up with their highest sugar level in the morning. I asked her about suggestions on iron foods that might help boost mine. Looking at my records she said that my levels vitamins and iron looked good things seemed to be fine and we decided that the nurse was just trying to make sure that the levels stayed good for surgery and wanted to keep an eye on me early. I felt so comfortable talking to her she made me so at ease. She is recommending that one of my medications be decreased and said this may be why I run into low readings can\t increase the insulin as with the lows in the afternoon I may go even lower and this they do not want. Went to the park feeling so much more relaxed and met our friend. Sat and talked and enjoyed the sun and fresh air. Then up again down to the end and home. What a great day and arrived home to a very good glucose reading so pleased. Holly
 
Just arriving home from the movies and how beautifully made it was but sad. We went to see the movie "If I stay" I should have known I would need kleenex did not take any but such an emotional story just stopped crying as were all of the women and then started again. The story of a young woman her family her love of the cello and how beautifully done. Stories like this touch your heart, bring back times makes you feel and touching and happy we went. Wondered if we would like it and did. My husband knew when the story started that this would one of the type that brought out emotions and not long before we all started to share in the story I think it is because it is the way that lives go and the times that we all go through. Not depressing just emotional and beautiful all at the same time. Our worth in this life of we all share is truly more then we can ever imagine and how much a difference we make to those we love and friends we care for when things go wrong. Holly
 
Hi Holly - sounds like it was a great movie! I won't have time for a movie before my surgery but will watch for it On Demand in a couple months. I am camping with grandchildren and really enjoying it. Went to Cape May Zoo and Cape May yesterday. Today went to Smithville - both really neat places in south Jersey. Take care and hope you get a date soon!
 
Hi @Jozilla Great to hear from you wonderful that you are having a such a nice holiday. Just noticing on the same day when I am having my Cortisone shot you will be having your surgery. Realizing that it is next week for your surgery and wishing you the best of everything. I am sure that you are more then ready to have to all over with and on the road to recovery and happy that your wait is almost over. Happy to hear that you are having lots of fun with your Grandchildren easy to see that you enjoy your tie together and sure your little ones love being with you. The Zoo must have been exciting for all of you nice memories being built. My husband and I enjoyed the movie a tear jerker very beautiful story and how much we all play a part in touching other lives and our importance in life to one another.Sad in places along the way but beautiful in telling the story of life and loss and love. Hoping to hear from you about your progress and hoping that the days you have to work still are calm and the days before your surgery to. You are just about there and wishing you the very best. Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom