TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Jozilla and @leeja and everyone. Barbeque last night was one of the best we have been to and happy we went. I was talking to an old neighbour of mine I used to babysit for their little girl when I was growing up and they were such nice people. His wife died the year my Dad died and she had been very sick for so long. RA arthritis , and cancer so the chance to have his knee replacement was put on hold for quite a while he wanted to take care of her while he could be with her. I was surprised to hear that the waiting time for his surgery after he was referred was a year and his surgery date was in July this year.

I remember when I first talked about knee replacement surgery with my surgeon he said he did not know how long the wait would be but did say that it could be up to a year or longer. The waiting for last knee only turned out to be just over 6 months and very pleased that it came sooner than expected. He told me he knew that wiaiting was difficult and that they were trying to find ways to cut waiting times for his patients. So many people are needing this surgery now .

I am happy that I am on the list and will be thankful for whatever date given maybe with surgery during the Winter will not feel like we are missing doing the things we like to do in ths hot weather. Going to try to be patient and will be ready when the call giving me a date is received. Know they are doing the best they can and that I will be ok either way. Holly
 
Hi Holly

I'm ever so glad to read that you're finally on the list. Thank goodness for that. We are having a bit if a giggle (in a nice way) on my thread about how many of us on there are having problems with our left knees. Most of us have to go and have a review/checkup and Ellejays had an Arthroscopy on hers yesterday!

Chat to you soon

Love from Ann xxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 It was so nice to receive your post and made me feel nice. I am happy to be on the list for my left knee as it is now telling me it is time. Realizing how much they are trying but anxious to just have them both feeling better. I have been visiting your post and sorry to hear that you are having so many things going on with your knees to. Hoping that things get easier with all of this for you. Not easy dealing with the things that seem to happen that affect our way of getting around without our knees feeling strong. I love being part of this wonderful site. It is true that some times people do not understand what this type of surgery involves and how much it affects your life. I am thankful to have friends here that help and know what to say and how to make things seem easier and wishing you that all goes well and thanks so much for popping in it meant a lot. Holly
 
It is only 4 o'clock a.m. here and decided to get up and go down to check my sugar reading . I can't sleep anymore for now as my legs seem to be trying to dance just keep jumping around thought it might be my glucose level but it seems reasonably good . So not sure what is causing it to happen. I was sick a few days this week not sick very often but now realizing that is why my levels went a bit higher a few days . I keep hearing what my Mom said about me needing so much time last surgery she said it was all about me. My husband and I talked last night and he expressed his concern that I needed to understand that what she said was out of her need to be the center of things and my surgery took a bit away from her.

I know we did the best we could and he was run ragged for both of us and wondering how she could not see this. I did not drive for 8 weeks and before that out each day trying to make sure she was cared for had what she needed and appointments and made sure we saw my Dad and took her each day to see him to. She did not understand the year before this when my husband was admitted into the hospital and almost died and stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks. She did not support me and wondered why all my attention was on him.

I have always been very focused on keeping close to family and so has my husband so this is difficult .I could never imagine this every happening. But my husband is concerned he says that he would usually push to mend it but he knows that she has caused a great deal of hurt and damage with this and knows how it has left me. He said that although he would never get involved in my family stuff he thinks she thought she wanted this and is probably realizing how much her actions have taken away from her enjoyment of the things we did with her and just before she started this I had told her that nothing could make me not love her.

I wish she could see what she is doing but my husband says he can see that I am more back to how was when things were calm much happier again and although wish she could understand how much she has lost and how much we would have done and did she is losing out on a daughter who loved her. Holly
 
Holly

Mothers can be very complex. Mine is like Jekyll and Hyde. Seriously. I never really know where I stand with her. One minute she hugs me and she never did this much to me as a child so it's quite a surprise and then the next I won't hear anything off her for a week or two and then when I ring she has is snooty time for the first ten minutes. Believe me after two minutes if this I went to hang up on her. She scarcely visited me after the first couple of weeks if surgery and she was literally 1000 yards up the road at my brothers seeing to his children. So most days her and dad were in the area. Boy did that hurt. I've gone all out to make sure my kids know that they are loved by me and can come to me anytime about anything.

I don't know all the ins and outs of this relationship of yours with your mom but remember that life is very short. She is obviously living in a bubble of a world where she sees herself (however deluded) as being the most important person in the family and that the world should revolve round her. This makes them very self centred. There is not much you can do about this. All I can say is your recovery has to be about you, it has to be all about your needs. It does sound like she resents "competition" where caring is concerned. Does she suffer from depression?

Just remember Holly, warts and all, selfish and all, she is your mom and In her own strange way will love you. I don't know how old she is? The older generations can often be affected by their own upbringing. My mom certainly is, my grandmother was a town woman and brought up in the rough back streets of our city and she was a hard, hard, kitten drowning woman, seriously. Worse still she favoured my cousins over me and my brother and did this in front of us. My mom does it with my brothers children over my grandchildren who are the same age. I had my kids very early in life and my brothers had his very late. Therefore there is a generation gap between his kids and mine. There's only here years between us. My kids are aged 37, 35 and 33, his are 9 and 6 years old. My grandchildren are coming up shortly as 19, 18, 14, 9 and 8. There is a lovely pic of mom holding her grandson (my brothers son) and me holding my grandson (who is he same age) who is also her great grandson. Crazy or what??? Xxxx

My worry is that they are not around forever. It happens that quick that they are not. I've watched my friends who've lost parents go into the ground with grief and guilt for quite some time, beating themselves up because they had fallen out with their parents and then it was too late to make it right....they were gone forever.

I think you are going to have to sit and make a plan with your husband regarding her care. Is there anyone else that could go in to see her? Is there anyone available to give you a break for a couple of months? Could she stay with you after you've had your surgery so you're both in one place to take the pressure off your husband and his driving?

I hope you don't think I've overstepped the mark with these suggestions. I don't know the full story or your actual situation. If you want to talk about anything via private message please feel free. It will be kept confidential, I promise. We all need a friend xxxxx

Love Ann (Nana moon 27)
 
Hi Holly - such good advice from NanaMoon. My husbands mother is very much like your mom. It is very hurtful to him. We tend to stay away from her as she is such a hurtful negative person. On the other hand I am so lucky I have a wonderful strong caring mom. Totally the opposite. You sound like you love her very much @lavender and that is why you are so hurt. You also have a wonderful caring hubby who adores you so take comfort in his love.

Hope you get a date soon! All the best to you!
 
Hi @Nanamoon27 And thanks for your kind post. The day my Mom hung up on me she had said that she blamed me for my Dad being placed in a home an hour away. This was not something that I could have changed as it was my Mom and my oldest brother that signed the admittance papers and her remark that she was afraid he would come back was the beginning of my understanding of how it all came into place. Before my Dad was sent away there were two meetings at the hospital the first I attended and it was concerning options that would prevent this from happening.

The meeting was held by the doctor who is also the head doctor at the hospital and two nurses. One nurse who did placements and the other from the home assistance area that suggested that they would provide 8 hours a day each day free of charge to be decided about on which times were the most beneficial to help that might be needed for his care. I felt better he would stay at home and with the help that we could give both of them he would be safe. My Mom turned the help down and the nurse that did come was sent away. I phoned someone whose name I was given to ask a few questions and told her about my Dads situation. She was heartbroken to hear of his story and told me that they needed to hear more from people in this situation. I told her that he was recovering from a stroke and taking him from his home would kill him. My Dad died at 85 alone one hour away from home in a home . The city was deciding if they would build a long term care home and held a meeting the woman that I spoke to asked me if I would please attend this story needed to be told. I did along with my second youngest brother. My Mom decided she would not attend. I wrote a letter to our city paper as the topic was does our city need another home and I wrote my letter. Lots of good feedback from people.

My Mom said that the letter caused him to go elsewhere the problem is that the letter was written when he was there in the home and on behalf of other families who should not have to go through what we and he did. She called and started to yell at me just before the one year mark of his dying and told me that I was making it all up and that no one in my family liked me and it really hurt then hung up on me and said she did not understand me. No crying no talking about him in their home she said were the rules no more mention of him. My one brother has kept close he understands he and the others have been in the same position many have ut down on their visits to her pitting people against each other. A few time thing like this happened I always went back no matter what tried to make it all right she has never managed to admit any guilt she is blame free and it is just the way as my doctor said some people handle things. He told me that my Mom made the decision to sign him in no one to blame and when a home in our city called to say they had an opening a bed available I was told she and my brother turned it down nice home 5 minutes from where we live how could this have been left.

My Dad was the glue I now realize he kept it all running smooth and without him she is running wild. He would not like this happened. But know he would understand how I am feeling. My oldest brother told me he is her golden boy he has total control. Before it happened he told her that he wanted to take care of everything on his own I was told that I was her power of attorney but he did not like anyone else being part of it so he started to control what time she could go out and she needed to be home every day to make his lunch so the time spent together started to get difficult. Looking back over the past two year is like having a bad dream seems unreal thankful for my husband to run to when things got bad during all of this.

Hard to believe this is the family that I thought was so perfect and knowing that I did not mean as much to her as I always thought I did. Sorry if I seem to be rattling on but wonder if she know how much what she did has done. Sorry for the long post thought I was getting past it but as my husband says he knows there is still lots there. Thanks for your thoughtful post. Holly
 
Hi @Jozilla Thanks so much for your kind post. Hard to understand why people do what they do. My Moms Mom my Gram was wonderful and so was her Dad my Grampa My Gram was very loving and very smart she was not afraid to show her emotions and know she enjoyed all of us. She worked and was very modern for someone her age. Loved to travel when they retired and wish she could have travelled more my Gramp had a number of heart attacks and the travelling together stopped he died at 83. but had such a good life and she spoke of him it was not something that we were to forget. She continued on without him missing him you knew how much she missed him but stayed with him till he died. I am not sure what made my Mom this way my Dad did everything for her and loved her she talks so much of being an only child . I know she did not inherit these ways from them they managed through whatever together and when my Gramp lost his hand in a factory accident my Gram stood strong beside him worked so that they could have their house and anything extra that they needed.

I cannot imagine how this could be how she looks at things as she has had so much love and a great life. My brother said she mentioned that she had words with me I did not come now he told her that it must have been really bad what was said as he said that he knows that what happened must be hurting me more then she knows. Only person during the year when I miscarried that said she was happy I did not have a child everyone else was upset they knew how much it meant to both of us. Forgave that sometimes she said things without thinking. Well looking forward to having the surgery over and knowing I have lots of support from my husband and my other brothers and friends and Bone smart to you are all really wonderful and don't want to go through this without all of you to talk to. Holly
 
I am so sorry you have such unsupportive mother. My relationship with my mother was never super close or great. She is now gone. I did what I could and could handle for her as she needed it with aging and illness. However, I also knew I had to keep a part of myself safe from the emotional turmoil/pain/depression. I had to realize I could not sacrifice myself to try to make her happy - cannot make anyone happy if they do not choose to be happy or satisfied with their choices. Look for a balance so you do not have regrets as to what you did not do but also keep yourself and your husband safe from the turmoil and pain.

Your surgery and recovery has to take precedence- it will make your life better and pain free but also enable to help family including your mother if she needs down the road. We take care of our knees to deal with our own pain but doing it also makes our families lives better. My husband is enjoying my being able to do more without pain with him and without him. You are not being selfish to ensure a good recovery and concentrate on yourself and your husband will need to take care of you also. It sounds like your husband is a real caring sweetheart. Lucky you to have such a good caring person right next to you.
 
Hi @leejaa I know that we have done everything we could and have not regrets just wish that things could have stayed they way they were at one time. When talking to my Mom after she yelled I told her that I wished that things could be the way they were my Dad had never went through what he did and she had never went through what she did with a broken leg. Never expected to say that they only one to blame was me and that was not how I would have thought she would have replied. I have been putting it out of my mind as well as I could and then it came back the other day not feeling well and then it started again. I am very blessed to have my wonderful husband he is always there for me and supports me. I was fortunate to have his help last time for surgery never made me feel like I was not doing ok and such a caring man. Reminds of my Dad in some ways they both had a calm way of looking at things and before this so did I. Wishing you the best and thanking you for your kind words and post and for taking the time to read my post. Holly:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh today the weather is just beautiful the sun and warmth have returned and so nice to feel the fresh air and sun on your skin. My knee loves it when it is sunny seems to feel better. I did something the other day when trying to get comfortable sleeping and whatever I did has made my right knee very stiff. I think when trying to turn on my side I pushed it too far and now not even getting the bend I had. Something seemed to move not sure why but then it got very tight and stiff. Feeling better today with sun on it in the park but wondering what I did. My bend is still 90 degrees and think I tried to bend it more thinking it would not hurt but it did should have remembered that it was not a good idea when I tried it during my early months of recovery. Guess will not do this again.

Kneecap almost looks like it has move probably ok but just really swollen has not been this way for a long time. Well lesson learned. Nice to see the sun. Met a man walking his little dog or his sons little dog as he explained. He told us her name is Millie and explained she is a Shihtzu and Pug dog mix. He was worried as he said she has problems smelling things worried about her nose. She had just been in to have tests and so sad to hear that she had a growth up somewhere inside it was removed and he worried how the tests would turn out. Nice people you meet. Millie's very quiet and he told me he loved her coming has spent 5 weeks as his son had leg surgery. He explained that his Mom had two surgeries for hip replacement and at 87 years she was moving around without any help and loved getting back to living her life I told him that my right knee had been replaced and how wonderful it was to have the chane to renewed movement.

Yesterday we went to the park and took sandwiches and grapes sat under a tree and our other park friend came by she has a beautiful Dashshund his name is Jasper.

Sat with us for a little while and we talked. Waiting to move over to the water on the bench under the tree we heard someone calling our names and up walked another woman with her little boy. Last weekend we met her for the first time. She was walking along the water and stopped to ask if we knew about the geese. She said that as small as her son was if asked where he wanted to go the park was his first choice. She told us she has a baby girl 4 months old her little boy is only 3 and before she left us we exchanged first names . She is from China her husband is a professor and looking for work meanwhile he doing construction. I told her that I thought it was nice she remembered our names and she told me she thought we were nice not too many people take time she said to look up from what they are doing to say hello and she was hoping to meet us again. Made me feel nice busy world but all people and creatures alike need to feel important sometimes. Had another nice chat about the park. differences in cultures and how in her home the time for kids did not always allow the play she said her upbringing was more organized. She told me she enjoyed spending time talking to us and hoped we would meet again on the bench and liked that we appreciated the geese to.Feeling like a goose whisperer just love them.

The geese are now flying and wondering if this year they will migrate. A few winters they have stayed here and now seldom landing to be fed so proud to see them as they soar and how short a time ago it seems that they were only little fuzzy babies. Little moments take time to put the things that matter into perspective so many wonderful things in life if we just stop by to take a moment to see them. Things may get difficult when it comes to family these days but during all of the years before know I had a very happy upbringing lots of love and care and lucky to have had the family life I grew up in. Something to cherish and to remember even through the tough times. Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Why does this battery always run out so quick. My husband and I share our laptop he loves to play chess and other stuff but my main place to visit is here at Bone smart. Trying to make sure I give him his fair share of time but seems I just get started to read posts and answer alerts and then the light starts to flash why can't they build a bigger battery. Sometimes when reading back on my posts realize maybe I write too much but my mind keeps churning and the words keep flowing just not good at making it short an sweet will have to try so much battery power oh well. Guess now we have both had our turn and time to plug her in again. Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear of all the family troubles. It is rough when it goes this way.
Thinking of you, and hope a better situation evolves with your family.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Hi everyone I slept great last night only got up twice to use the bathroom and back to bed. My right knee is really looking better today swelling all gone and not painful at all. I have been working on one of my cross stitches one of many how am I going to get them all done. She is beautiful name is Lady of the Mist almost reminds me of something from Merlin. I found for a few weeks that I just could not get interested in doing her worked on her but just could not put my heart into it. I am at her shoulders now she has a thick band of roses on the edge of her neckline and looking forward to doing her face she looks like something like snow white just beautiful Vines of roses running up each side of her and she is looking up almost see the sun on herbeautiful clam face. .I have so many on the go and just decided as she was started to give her a bit more stitching thought she had waited long enough for me to return to putting her together.

My lists keeps growing as this type of thing that my husband buys me for my birthday or Christmas. When I tell him he says wait till your birthday you will be surprised wonder what he is planning on well not till October 11 so maybe I will have more of her done and then switch my frame over to the new one guess there is a new one oh the pile is growing but it is a passion of mine that I love so much. The weather is beautiful again the sun is peaking through and shining on the rose leaves dew on the ground my idea of a perfect day.

Weather is warm with a bit of a breeze and after going for breakfast at our favorite place in the little Mennonite town nearby us we will go to the park. Love the car ride going there and how nice the people are we have made friends with them and they are truly nice people. So many families and lots of room for all. They were so kind with me when we went back after the 8 week wait when I could not drive kept saying that anything I needed ask they would help my husband was with me so he took care but nice to know that anyone coming alone would not have any difficulty. Great home cooked food comfortable atmosphere all feel so welcome and love to see the kids we love kids. Wishing you a wonderful day . Holly
 
Hi @lavender - having 'met you' on Nana Moons thread, I thought I would stop by and have a read of your thread while I was stuffing my face with lunch. I didn't have time to read it from the start - just the last few pages (I eat quickly - ha ha!)

I cannot offer much regarding your family situation - your mother is certainly going to be the loser in all this.
Your husband sounds an absolute star and obviously loves you to pieces and wants what is best for you and your health, both physical and mental.

My family on my Mum's side is weird, we are only girls of only girls, all the way back. My daughter laughs that if and when she gets married and starts a family, there is next to no chance of her having a son! We are all ridiculously close and always have been. However my Dad's family were hyper strictly religious, and really thought we were decadently awful. They didn't like me much. We only saw them once a year. My husband's parents were not very loving either and resented my husbands hard work ethic and success - his Mum is now similarly disdainful of my daughter's position and career. The result? Husband spends 10 mins on a duty phone call on her birthday and Christmas and that's it. There is no further contact. Why do family have to be so nasty? I had little feeling for my paternal grandparents and my daughter is the same with hers. At the end of the day, they were the biggest losers and ended up lonely and alone.

More importantly, I wanted you to know how much I enjoyed reading your posts: about your X stitch, the Mennonites, the geese and dogs in the park, the people that you met there .............. it's a lovely glimpse into a world many thousands of miles away. Just saying .........

Look after yourself

XXOOXX
 
Hi @dogwheels Thanks for your kind post and nice to receive it. I am very lucky to have a husband who cares as much as he does. He wakes up most mornings with a smile and is very loving and kind. My Mom and Dad and my husband and I used to do quite a bit together. My Mom and I went on two different trips to the States to shop for Christmas years ago and enjoyed our time together. We also went together my parents and my husband and I on bus trips to Cape Cod, shopping and sight seeing trips to the states as well. We each paid our own way so no one could think that we were getting favors others did not. Just enjoyed going with them and they had fun with us. I am an only daughter in a family of seven and have 4 brothers one older and 3 younger we are all about 2 years apart and always seemed to get along. Loved having brothers they were all kind to me and we just like each other. I felt very fortunate part of a really nice family.

Never understood the oldest and youngest in birth order as we all were treated equally important and loved. My brother being the oldest was always on his own he had his friends and stuff he did and being the only girl I loved to help with my brothers my middle brother and I at that time were almost joined close in age and he was the one that decided it was time for me to drive and he taught me to drive.

When my Gram(my Moms Mom ) died my brother was given her house at a very low cost we were told that he was having marriage problems and that he had been turned down for a mortgage. Little difficult as we were all trying to handle our own money but we understood as it was the way it was and why make trouble. The real differences started to show when my Mom broke her leg and the decision was made by my brother to have her put into a rehab place waiting for a home he had also started to look for a home for my Dad they said my Dad was not ready but they would look for my Mom she did not know this was going to happen. My Dad had a stroke the following spring and this was as I now understand what my brother needed as it would make him seem to need to be moved.. I questioned it and said that my Dad should live in his home he paid for it all of his married life and why should he be the one to leave he had stood by her with whatever she needed and how could they do this he was still functioning . He was 82 and with all of the stress of Moms accident he had more then he could handle still he was managing great and while she was in rehab stayed on his own and managed with a bit of help as he no longer drove.

The problem is that my brother did not like me getting involved and slowly they found a way of making sure that I could not do it again. He was placed in a long term home and the doctor said only had 5 months to live this was as at this time he started to have falls . The doctor told them that the changes he was handling and the move from the place he was safe his home was doing harm and that as a result of this stress the strokes started to happen again. My youngest brother questioned the night he visited why my Dad had not been placed in a hospital to be looked at closer this finally happened 4 days later he died. He only lived 3 months wish he could have been home his plea was please take me home why am I here all I do all day is sit here. I would have helped to keep him there and so would the home care people. He thought he would go home when my Mom came home from the hospital he tried to do it all right hoping that the day would come someone would say you did great and tomorrow we are going to take you home. His request did not happen. My brother is now running into marriage and money problems again although he is well paid as the oldest he is feeling he is entitled. He has been promised my parents house as she said he is the oldest but this house will come without cost he is the oldest. My Mom told me at one time that she did not want me going into my Dads room after we took her there at the hospital. She said she did not want him catching on and knew that if he saw me he would know just by my face (I might start crying) I still did not really understand what going to happen.


. Dad asked my close brother where I was he said wondered why I did not come. The next day I told her that she would not control this anymore I went in and he smiled and started to cry when he saw me.

We started to go on our own. My brother told my other brother that he wanted total control wanted me to be taken off power of attorney and wanted to move in and take over for my dad my brother told him off and said he had problems. I did not fully understand that they were planning things how could you do this to your own Dad and your husband.

My Dad was very patient and fair the day of my Moms replacement surgery my brother had to take my Dad for an ultrasound we waited at the hospital for my Mom to be in recovery and this was the day my Dad questioned my brother. He asked him if he knew it mattered that he did he right thing he told my brother that you have to do it right think about what you decided it will be something that will stay with you forever Then he told him he knew what they were doing he said he could not believe that his own son could have been part of this my brother told my Mom and she was mad. I asked her how did she think he was going to feel and why did it surprise her told her at least he still had fight in him to try to survive.

3 weeks later my Dad died and I cannot forget what she said. We have not spoken since she called me and called me a liar said I was not liked no one liked me she said she did not understand me and hung up on me. Medically this has done damage and doctors orders are to stay away from all of it not good for me any more. My closest brother was very upset one day when visiting Mom. They were talking and he started to try to set her straight he said most men that age stood on their own how could he be thinking of moving home she told him he had to understand that my oldest brothers Dad had just died and he would have to understand. My brother wondered if she was aware of what she said. I am sorry that I have gone on so long but will never understand it know that at least I tried wanted him safe and someone needed to be his voice . Thanks for your patience it is such a complicated situation. Stunned that such things could happen when money and stuff is so important guess I will no longer be in her will but at least I have my own self respect that is more important. If my Dad can see me know he might be proud and can see how much he is loved. Thanks again sometimes during all of it felt like I was going to explode into pieces but my husband is beside me through thick and thin. Hearing you talk @dogwheels about the way you spend time with your daughter and how others love their kids makes me feel nice and then also a little lonely wishing my mom and could still be this way so late in her life and not much more time to catch up but know for us not a good thing. at this time. Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Stunned that such things could happen when money and stuff is so important guess I will no longer be in her will but at least I have my own self respect that is more important.
I am so sorry you have had to go through this, money does strange things to people.
Sad that this has happened to your family. I am sure your Dad knows how much you loved him, I can tell from your post that he loved you very much.
Once you have enough money to take care of your needs plus a few extras, and have good health, then you are very wealthy indeed.
Wishing you and your husband all the best,
 
Thanks so much @Pumpkln you are so right money is necessary for us to live and pay our bills and survive but no it cannot buy love or bring back health and it is the cause of so much of the reasons that people change.


My Dad was a very giving man . Money was the focus in what a persons value was in my home. My Dad was a printer and until they became computerized he worked for our city newspaper as a journeyman typesetter for 40 years. They wanted him to stay he was known as a quality guy. He decided to try another occupation and left to work for the school board. Taught us to be proud of ourselves and show pride in for whatever we did.

He put us all first even before his own needs he supported a family of 7 on his paycheck and know that it took a lot to make it go far enough but we never knew as he took care of things. He was all family and made sure that on the weekends we did things together whether it be camping on a long weekend. going for a drive in the country. he loved Christmas, knew how to tie skates even if they felt tight and it felt like your feet were felling off after you had skated feet felt 3 sizes too big he did it with love. He loved having all five of us and his hope was that we would all stay close and be important together as a family. This would break his heart not what he would have wished to happen. One morning after coming home from work we went and we sat with him talking as I made up his medication and he looked at me and said you know Holly you and I looked the same our baby pictures and my Gram's picture (his Mom) look like the same baby.

He sounded happy he said I could not believe it you were so small and like me knew he was happy. I now look at my health card picture and see he was right even now we do so proud to have became so much like him. Sometimes we take things so for granted know he loved all of us not the hugging type but the type who showed it in all he did now understand so much more. So important to tell people what we need to to let them know they matter to us and so much it means.
 
Just a shorter note on the lighter side today the park was full of so many tiny kids. It is a place we go to relax and unwind and leave worries behind. Met another lovely dog today her Dad(owner ) said she was in training and such a amazing dog. She is 6 months old knows how to do some of the things she needs sits when asked other tricks. I told him she was lovely and he said she know how she is cared about I told him that is wonderful they need to be treated with love he was taking pictures of the lovely scenery and said he would be back tomorrow so maybe we will see her again. Grew up frightened of dogs for a few years think I was bumped when I was small and then timid. but now love them no longer go the long way around to miss them After having our St Bernard in my teen years I no longer feared being close to dogs how many nice dogs I missed being to pat. Holly
 
Hello again @lavender -
@Pumkln is absolutely, 100% right about what money does to some people - I have seen it myself, so many times. I am so sorry and feel the sadness that comes through when you talk about your family problems. She is also right in the fact that there is absolutely no doubt how much your Dad loved you - girls and their Dads often have a special bond. I know I did with my Dad.
As I said previously your husband sounds wonderful and very supportive - and you are obviously his top priority especially while you are getting your knee better and the other one sorted.

I think there comes a time when you have to gather up all the good memories and thoughts, keep close to those who care for you and you care for, and then move on with those people in your life and those thoughts in your head. It is tempting to delve into the Pandora's box of dark thoughts and memories - particularly when we are feeling low like after surgery or when we are in physical pain, but sadly those things cant be changed and the past cannot be erased however much we would like it to be. It's all so difficult though, and easier said than done. I will be thinking of you.

On doggy matters, I am afraid I have never got over my fear of dogs. I was bitten quite badly when I was really young, by a miserable 'Scottie' dog called 'Andy' who lived further up our road. I can still recall looking down at my pudgy little hand with a mass of teeth marks in, slowly starting to bleed, and remember it hurting! I am fine with friends dogs, as long as they behave! The rest I admire from a distance. Last weekend we were at our other house which is on a marina. Moored up nearby was a boat with the cutest dog in a doggy life jacket, sitting on board guarding the boat. You would have loved him. I took a quick picture on my phone of him for my daughter - she LOVES dogs - it's not a great photo but I have attached it below for you.

[Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas



Hope you have a good day today Holly and take care of yourself.

Chris XXOOXX
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom