TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lavender
Hi Holly,

Very sorry to hear that your eyes are still giving you trouble after your eye exam and that you aren't able to work on your cross-stitch.

Hopefully, by tomorrow your eyes will be better.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
My husband is having the same problem with his eyes. Went out today and eyes started watering again. Now feeling better and actually can see clearer. Not burning now so maybe ok hope so.
 
Hi Well today noticing our eyes are feeling so much better not sticky and managed to do my cross stitch comfortably and seeing what I am doing. It was spitting out and wondered if we would manage the park before it rained but we went and fed our feathered friends and spent some relaxing time watching the water and the beautiful sight of our wonderful geese flying in formation above us so many all now flying so proud watching them seems like only a little while ago they were tiny and now all grown and flying. Yesterday it was Labor day here and the park held a family picnic. We did not go till after lunch as it was really raining hard but sun came out in the afternoon and weather lovely warm and fresh. Planning to go next summer as it looked like lots of fun.

Phone call this afternoon from the dietitian she is keeping an eye on me to make sure sugar levels do not fall to far and worried after cutting down on one of my medications that this might happen. Levels changing a little for the better she says I am almost there and with the addition of insulin they are now going to evaluate the pills and thinking that the extra pills for glucose may be causing the levels to keep from going the little bit more they need to. Think I am in good hands confident that she will know how to do it. Still a bit frustrating as till the stress of my Dad and family my sugar levels were as my doctor said becoming exceptional that was then and now have to get back to where I was and start to try to get on with what matters and just relax.

My husband is helping to take care of this with me and know it is going to sort out soon. . Compared to some things that other people are dealing with in their lives consider myself pretty lucky and very blessed As the say accentuate the positive so many positive things to be thankful for. Holly
 
What a beautiful day in the park, geese in formation are beautiful to watch. Hope your sugars will be where you want soon, sounds like you are in good hands.
 
@lavender
Hi Holly,

Very good and reassuring that your dietician is keeping a good eye on your blood sugars.
Mine have been higher than normal after the surgery, but doctor thinks it's also the effect of the pain medication and isn't concerned.

Good to hear that you and your husband did get to your park today.
Take care and best wishes for your cortisone injection and x-Ray on the 8th.

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora @@Pumpkln

Hi Cathie and Pumpkln watching the geese yesterday amazing how they have grown. There are lots of mallard ducks to. One of the female ducks has a broken bill we have been trying to make sure has her chance to eat . Not sure what happened to her but she is missing the tip of her bill and seems to be managing ok about 1/2" shorter on top then bottom. Park much quieter now kids in school just a few walking their dogs and others just enjoying the beauty and water and just relaxing.

Someone was honking their horn yesterday as we were leaving the park pulling out of their space honking as we walked towards our car and then noticed they were waving like crazy. Noticed that they were friends of ours from our days in the store. We made so many friends from customers that we took care of with their shopping for so many years. Made us feel nice.

Twenty two Christmases I sold toys in our store and then moved into other positions along the way. One Christmas an older woman came up she was one of my favorite customers and bought for her little grandson each birthday and Christmas season. He lived out in the western provinces Alberta in Canada and she sent his gifts to him. She was with a young man and he was holding a small baby this year and introduced them to me. The man was the boy that I had shared time with her picking out gifts for and the little baby was his son. She had brought the little boy in off and on while was visiting with her and as a little boy had a chance to meet him.

She reminded him that she and I had shopped for him over the years she told me that my help[ had meant a lot to her she did not know what to buy had some suggestions but said I always knew what he would like. She mentioned that this was the new generation of little ones that would need the gifts to and how much she looked forward to my and her doing it all over again.

My husband has been stopped along the way to many bicycles he helped to fit for a child and his personal care and enjoyment for what he did was easy to see it mattered to him he did it just right. He sold bicycles, mixed paint helped to find hardware items made sure he gave them his time. Busy store very successful sales and a love for a job that may not always happen now felt part of something pride in what you do and felt appreciated. His love and mine for kids made some of the interactions even more precious. I was sitting in the mall one day and met one of my old neighbors. She was the Mom of one of my best friends growing up she had lost her husband shortly before and my friends sister had brought her to shop.

Walking up started to talk . My husband returned and Linda started to talk to him. He had sold her little girl a bike years ago and she remarked on the care he gave to the sale she thanked him for being someone that is not always there nowadays and told him how much they were pleased at him. I thought that it was nice being that my girliriend had moved no longer saw each other as much and it was her family he had dealt with small world. Sometimes you wonder if what you do matters.

Life moves fast and many things go by but knowing that you helped along the way makes you feel like you maybe left a little piece of you in memories that you would not expect and how many moments and memories we share with people along our way that we may not know personally in every day life but friendships a different type but so important. Holly
 
@lavender Holly
@Pumpkln Chris
@tiredwife Jackie
@madinana Laurie
@hopefaith
@Yorkimom Anne


Hi Holly,

I wanted to share your posts with some others on this site, as your stories have a lovely feeling and this feel good factor is also important in recovery.

Don't know if you have ever read an Irish author called Maeve Binchy, but your stories of your trips to the park, the geese and ducks, your memories from working in the store remind me of some of her stories.

The are very gentle and genuine and I enjoy reading them.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@lavender I haven't read your whole thread yet, life is a little crazy right now between hubby's PTs, getting his meds, babysitting our grandson, etc. I did read some of your posts and I am sure you have left a piece of yourself in a lot of people's memories!
 
Hi Just returning home after a very busy day and wonderful to see your posts they made me feel so nice. Thank you all @marmora and @tiredwife you have touched me with your kindness as have all of you that have supported me so much through all that has happened. Hoping that your husband @tiredwife is doing great and know he is in good hands with your loving care. You have so much to take care of with all of this know your little grandson must enjoy your time spent together remember the time I spent with my grand parents love being with them. @marmora hope all is going fine with your knee and thanking you for all of the kind words you say you are a truly nice woman.

Today was busy lots of errands, appointment for my husband and then off to the park between things we had to do. We stopped by the bulk barn to buy a few things and he was surprised to see pumpkin seeds in the basket. Who would have thought but after reading the list that I was given noticed they are really high in iron. Remember toasting pumpkin seeds with my younger brothers but never thought of buying them. Surprised how good they are taste like salted peanuts. I really like them and they are good for me to. It also listed spinach and so last week I decided to buy a little bunch not sure if I would like it did not like the taste when I was small know that it was not my favorite vegetable.
Now I really like it not sure if it would be as good cooked. My husband is in shock as neither of us ever wanted spinach before. He is telling me that he is afraid I will sprout into a bunch of pumpkins no sign of this happening yet. Even though he does not share my new found enjoyment of eating it.

On our way home yesterday we decided to stop into a country market that was along the way they sell home made stained glass, home made baking vegetables and such a pretty little store.

We had been walking and my leg was getting tired so he offered to see what they had asked him to maybe buy a few peppers.. He found the peppers and noticing when he came back to the car he was holding a a large bag of lovely spinach fresh from the farmers field. Never could have imagined that something like spinach would make me happy but lots to make and hoping it makes my iron level higher before surgery. Wishing all the very best and thank you very much for sharing my day. Hoping you had a wonderful day to and only a day away from the weekend. Holly
 
@lavender
Hello Holly,

Again a lovely and warm insight into your day with your husband at the bulk barn.
Your husband sounds as lovely as you.

Spinach was one of those vegetables as children I never liked, but do like it now, either raw in a salad or lightly steamed. It's seemed to have become popular again.

Glad that you also liked the pumpkin seeds and your husband joking about you sprouting pumpkin seeds was sweet.

Take care and keep enjoying life,

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Jozilla Wishing you the very best for your surgery on Monday. I am sure you are ready and know you will do great. Just a few more days to go . We will all be thinking of you. Holly
 
Thank you, Holly. You made me remember my grandparents today. My grandfather always had a beautiful vegetable garden and every night he would pick fresh veggies and bring them to my grandmother. You would have thought he gave her a million dollars. She is who I get my love of food and cooking from.

Xoxoxo
JoAnne
 
Hi @Jozilla Great memories they sound like my Gram and Grampa . He grew tomatoes and potatoes backyard garden and other stuff. My Gram loved peonies and that is why I think I love them so much. Remember hot summer day and the way they looked and her climbing rose that seemed to be there forever up the side of their house turning around to the back door. Think it was there from the time I was small covered in flowers and beautiful. I think it is wonderful to have these memories and when you look back how many things they did that you can see have made us who we are . Your grand parents and their sharing of the garden that they both enjoyed. People made it through so many struggles back then and they made the most of everything they shared together. Holly
 
Morning Holly - we are fortunate to have so many memories. My grandmother lived hydrangeas which I also have and are my favorite. She always called them snowballs. The day of my surgery is her death anniversary. I know she will be especially close to me that day!

I have a lot to do this weekend just getting everything clean and ready for when I come home. Enjoy your weekend!

Xoxoxo
 
@marmira you also have a special writing style - very heartwarming and kind. I should be around a little more. Not only have I been super busy but also very anxious about surgery. Hope your day and weekend go well!
 
@marmora @Jozilla
I wish you both the best and a wonderful weekend. Jozilla I am sure you will be in caring hands and your Grandmother will be there making sure you are alright and safe for your surgery and all along your way. I agree with Jozilla Cathie you have a wonderful kind way of writing and know that you are both really caring kind people. I really enjoy receiving both of your posts and look forward to them. Wishing you great weekend Holly
 
Today we are planning to go and purchase the new licence plate sticker for our car. It has just started raining so we plan on going after it stops. So much rain this summer that we have only had to water our garden a couple of times so actually worked out for good reasons to but so many people are saying that this summer forgot to come. I think it has been beautiful even so but hope today it does not last for a long time today. Well I have finished a bit of tidying up and now watching the movie "the Jungle Book. Love Disney movies so we checked through our movie collection and so far over the past little watched "Mary Poppins" and Thomasina which makes me cry but love it and The Gnome Mobile .

Remember going to the movies on a Saturday afternoon downtown when we were small every so often a Disney film would come and the five of us would go. It costed 50 cents each and kids would line up down the street where the movie theater was located and around the corner and down the other way. Remembering my parents dropping us all off on the bottom corner . Sometimes others we walked down town seems a little ways now but then moved along quite easily and seemed like no time before you were there. Being small and seeing the line up worried that there were too many people for the show to hold but we all always seemed to fit.

My best friends family used to go to the drive in once and a while so they always packed me along with my friend her sister and her Mom and Dad in their Volkswagen bug and off we went. Well just noticing that after the heavy downpour it seems to be just raining now so maybe not long and hopefully for a walk in the park to help with sugar and then who knows what else will come along . Wishing you a great day to Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom