Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

I'm glad to hear that you're doing so well! I love reading your posts because they are so positive and hopeful. I think that plays such a key role in recovery.
 
@Krista Great news and nothing like daughter visiting, mine came yesterday with grands, awesome, keeps the spirits lifted! Keep on keeping on! Your doing great!
 
@Krista I'm just now catching up with your Friday report. Such good news! I'm glad the rehab is working out so well for you and providing the healing time you need.
 
Krista,
Happy to read how well you are doing, hope all is going along smoothly since your last report.
 
Hi, all! I got home from the rehab facility 3 days ago, and couldn't be better. Still little to no pain, plenty of energy, sleeping really well (in my hospital bed at night and recliner for naps). My biggest problem is to keep myself from walking around too much, and to keep on truly obeying the 20 pound weight bearing rule. Nice problem, eh? We went out to eat last night, and today my husband rolled me to our park district holiday bazaar a couple of blocks away in my wheelchair. I used crutches to walk around and see all the booths in the small gym. Got some darling home-made items and I am so happy! I've gotten things unpacked and reorganized. Just one or two big piles of papers/mail/medications still to go through, but I have plenty of time. I am only on one medication, which I've been on for the last dozen years. My scar is fully healed and looks fine. It was glued together on the outside, so no stitches or staples to remove. I am able to shower (when my husband brings the tub transfer bench into the bathroom), dress and undress, and get up and down stairs, all keeping precautions and the weight-bearing rule. My husband continues to do all the heavy work, laundry and food shopping/preparation. Good man!

One positive thing about having had such an difficult and painful recovery from my THR last year is how wonderful this recovery is in comparison. I've been smiling since day one this time! Here is a photo of my sister and I at the craft bazaar today.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR
    IMG_5603.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 325
Happy to see you and your sister having such a good time, you look so relaxed. Here's to you getting your life back one bit at a time.
 
Krista,
I am so glad to see you doing so well. You look amazing! Your joy in the last two photos just radiates. I'm sure your family must be thrilled!

Isn't it a fun if frustrating feeling to know you can't do something because you have to follow "the rules" and not because your body refuses.
 
Glad to hear you had such a wonderful day and you're home at last!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Krista my goodness, you look better with each photo shared.. I think you are on the right track now.. God bless you, it's be a long road to get where you are today. Keep up the good progress!!
 
Wonderful to see you looking so well @Krista, enjoying life once more and able to look ahead with all that pain and disappointment behind you. What a happy conclusion!
 
Lovely @Krista - you look so happy and energetic in that photo. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself going out with your sister. I wish you a great further recovery and that you will finally be able to walk unaided without a limp and painlessly.
Take care
Constanze
 
Looking good @Krista ! You look happy and healthy and...ever so slightly mischievous. I just have this feeling that you and your sister are up to something. Maybe it is just echoes of mischief passed that the two of you gotten up to.
 
Hey, @gullimac, the "mischief" only went as far as spending money on some wonderful hand-made crafts! I was giddy, being somewhere besides a hospital or the rehab facility.

Thanks so much, everyone, for your positive comments. It's been such a long time (years) since I've been "normal", especially with the horrors of this summer with the back fracture and all of that pain, that feeling so little pain these days has me smiling much of the time!
 
I have not been here for a while but I wanted to wish you good luck and it sounds like you have regained some life again.
Lots of problems with my health right now so will not get into detail. My hip is however doing well and with one other problem I was put on lyrica. First pill, 75 mg and I could hardly move I was so sleepy. It also seized up muscles all over so unfortunately I have to live with my facial pain and am having an catscan. Hip good, rest of me no so good so its disappointing.

Craft bazaar...we have lots of great artists and craftspeople here and there are craft sales every weekend so I have taken a couple in and done some shopping too. They are a light hearted easy venue to get some much needed time without worrying about one's health. Enjoy your purchases and maybe you can get a few more in before the holidays.
 
@canoewoman, it's great that your hip is in good shape, and I hope your other health problems improve soon. It's so tough to have all of that extra pain.

I agree that the craft shows are wonderful pick-me-ups, and there are two more that I can go to in the next couple of weeks. Nice motivation for walking. So, @SwimGirl, I'll be making more crafters happy soon, in addition to myself. $$$ And to our other triplet, @gertie, may we all be in great shape for Christmas!

Thanks, @Zelda for your continued support. It makes such a difference. And you, too, @Tweetybrd, you always have a nice word for me. I love our community here, and I treasure each and every comment on my thread!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my US friends! I am going to attempt to make pumpkin pies tomorrow. Before my husband leaves for work, he is going to get everything out for me - food processor (for crusts), mixer, pie pans, rolling pin, flour, sugar, all of the things I can't reach or carry by myself, and I am going to BAKE! I'll be very kind to my hip and won't do anything reckless. Can't wait for how wonderful my house is going to smell when they are in the oven.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom