Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

@Krista I am so happy to read about your surgery and progress. you were long overdue for this and am glad that you are enjoying your rehab and recovery!!!
 
Congratulations @Krista (even if a bit late). So pleased all went well and that the facility is so friendly and the staff members are so supportive. May you continue to get better and better - and happy Halloween. It's a big thing for children over here in Germany too.
Hugs
Constanze
 
Hi @Krista, I just caught up with your thread. I am so happy for you. What a relief that you didn't need a revision. I'm so glad that you are not in pain. I look forward to reading the rest of your thread.
 
Thanks, again, everybody for your kind comments. I would "like" them if I could, and will when I get my computer. I am still in the hospital, waiting to go to rehab, and it's only because the insurance people are taking their time about it. I actually love being in this hospital. I have a single room, it's very quiet, the nurses and aides are very responsive and are giving me excellent care. As I said before, the food is absolutely delicious, and I am scarfing down a lot of it.

I am walking better all the time with the 20 pound weight bearing, and making it quite far down the hall. I still have minimal pain, and I'm only using acetaminophen. I got a new dressing put on today and the nurse took a picture of my incision. It's all covered with Steri-Strips so couldn't see much, but she said it looked very good. It's about 8 inches long I think, which is longer than I thought it might be. My total hip replacement one was 6 inches or less. But I am sure they made it only as big as they needed to to do what was required.

I slept until 8 o'clock this morning, after waking up a couple times in the night. I'm getting more sleep here than I did at home. Feeling quite contented and calm. My daughter came and visited me yesterday and we had a great visit. Things really couldn't be better!

The physical therapy people are exactly what I would want. I'm only working on standing up and sitting down not using the surgical leg, and then walking with the Walker and the proper amount of weight on my surgical leg. No crazy stretching or strengthening or anything, and if they recommended that I would just say no.

My husband is finally coming around to the idea of me going to rehab after this, because as he says, at home I would be tempted to do way too much and would probably hurt my back and my hip both, putting me in a bad way. So he is 100% on board with me going to the rehab facility for a while. And I am really glad about that!

I'm hoping all of you are doing well, and I will reply as I can. I'm just hoarding all of my strength to do what I have to do, so that I don't hurt myself! I'll talk to you all later, bye-bye!

One more thing, could someone (@Jaycey?) please change the title of this thread to Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair One Year after THR

Also I'm not sure if I should be under the revision category or not, since the surgeon looked at the THR prostheses and didn't change anything. So do whatever you think is right! Thanks!





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Krista I hope you are doing well and have your room all decorated for Halloween! I have pumpkin bars in the oven now. (will be putting cream cheese frosting on them later) They are a family tradition for Halloween.:)

I wrote the above at the same time you posted! LOL Sounds like you are doing great!
 
One more thing, could someone (@Jaycey?) please change the title of this thread to Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair One Year after THR
Done for you @Krista . I'll leave it under revision as they did go in again after THR. So glad things are going well for you!
 
I have not been here for some time but am happy things look like they are getting better for your Krista. I hope you continue to improve Krista and best wishes to you.
 
@Krista- I'm a bit late but want to congratulate you on getting through your muscle repair surgery. So glad to hear that you're feeling so good and being treated well. You've been waiting a long time for this and are always supportive to our BS family that it's only right that things are going so well for you. Sending positive healing energy your way. Keep us posted on your progress.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Transferred to the rehab facility today. While I was still at the hospital, I had one last PT session, did a little tiny bit more and a few shallow stairs with crutch and railing. It was too much. Have been having some spasms in my surgical thigh. If I just don't move, I'm fine. Did have to move to get through the day. SO glad I used medi-transport, in wheelchair and into van in chair, which was battened down.

The place is very nice with extremely attentive staff. Waiting for meds, as it takes awhile for the place to get them. No acetaminophen since noon. Will be getting some diazepam for the spasms, and less activity until that settles.

I'm so tired! Husband is coming with a few things I need. Sister helped me pack up at hospital and unpack here with my rehab bag. I am in bed, not moving much and feel fine. Will be glad to get some meds, though! I know more spasms are in my future. Ugh.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Krista if you are only taking Tylenol can you self medicate? As you know staying ahead of the pain is very important at this stage. Hope those spasms are easing.
 
@Jaycey, I must request pain meds and muscle relaxant each time. I have an alarm set on my phone for every 6 hours so that I can stay on top of it. Just rang for new meds now! I've only had one spasm since 5:30 am, so things are easing. Getting used to being here. It's quite an adjustment! My sister came and pushed me in a wheelchair out into the gardens, and it was heavenly to get fresh air.
 
Hello @Krista just checking in to see how you are doing. Finally got outside into the gardens Did you? Delightful. Cooler days now. I am trying to keep up with you and @gertie also. She has been just as busy as you are it seems.
I am remembering all the stages of recovery from first hip. This one was definitely more difficult but each day is getting better. Take a day at a time. Right?
 
So very happy for you, Krista! Just got back on the computer after more than a week and one of the first things I did was to check in on you and read your new thread.

May the healing continue!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom