Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

@Mojo333, with the great weather and fun/beautful things outside to stimulate all of my senses, I should do fine.

@Marvy, the travels and sights distract me from the aches! Mainly I want to check out many places here in the US where I've always wanted to go, but we even applied for new passports, which should arrive any day now. I don't know if I'll be brave enough to travel out of the US, but husband wants to go, and so I'll probably go, too. Gulp. :yikes:

Thanks to you both for your good wishes!
 
Hi Krista,
Just dropping by to give you a virtual hug :console2: after reading that you're suffering emotionally while supporting a desperately ill loved one, and hoping for a recovery.

I understand not wanting to leave for vacation right now, but I'll bet the break does you good and hopefully you come back well rested, refreshed and ready to offer support where needed. Prayers for your ailing loved one, relief for you, from physical pain and safe travels.
Big Hugs
@Krista
 
I underwent 4 tendon repairs to left hip 2018 and one tendon has recently detached can we chat about this ?
 
Hello again @Wideyes
I‘ll tag @Krista for you in hopes she receives notifications and responds.

Hi sweet Krista, :wave:
I hope you’re doing well. It’s been a long time since we’ve heard from you.
Hugs and best wishes always!
 
Yes, we did the backpacking trip on the wilderness island again in 2018, 2019 and 2021, skipping 2020 because of the pandemic. Again, we walked in and basecamped for the next ten days, taking day hikes without carrying much weight. I did lots of lounging on the beach and looking at gorgeous Lake Michigan views! My surgical leg is stronger than the other one, which has not had any surgery! Even though that side definitely has problems, I hope I never have to have orthopedic surgery again.

I hope you are thriving! :)
 
Hi @Krista, I'm so pleased to hear from you again. So nice that you went backpacking. I'm also ok and didn't need surgery again. My operated hip is doing fine. We didn't travel during the pandemic but I went on Frankfurt Ironman in August 2021, although I didn't finish it. My cycle speed was too slow again. I also did a virtual marathon in October, even though I took around 6 hours to do it. I missed the "competitors" to motivate me. When I'm alone, I can't motivate myself so well. Also, I'm enjoying my life as a new Granny. The two babies were born last year by two of my daughters - a boy and a girl. Next week, my husband and me are going to England. Your post on Bonesmart are so enjoyable and have always cheered me up. Have fun - Constanze
 
Hello @Constanze! It's good to hear your news, that your hip is fine, and that you are a grandmother! My son is getting married to a delightful young woman this summer, so maybe there will be some grandkids in my future! I have always been impressed by your physical feats, and still am, even though you are having difficulties due to these pandemic times.

I'm glad Bonesmart is still here, supporting people who are in need of orthopedic surgery. I remember well those years when I visited this forum daily, learning much, and enjoying my communications with the people here.
 
Hi @Krista
Many thanks for your nice message. You're so kind. Have fun with your new daughter-in-law and all the best for their future.
In fact, with this pandemic, I never had any physical restrictions, since running and cycling can be done alone or with 2 people together so I always kept fit. My pandemic issues were purely psychological, since me and my husband like travelling and meeting people. But things are easing up in Germany, too. Julian, my English husband, bought a house in Lincoln in northern England, and on 26th, were are going there for 2 weeks to start setting it up, and we'll probably go again in summer, and maybe we'll live in it one day. Julian bought the house in 2019, and originally, we were going to move when I retire - last summer. But Corona and Brexit delayed it all. I had to apply for a visa, which I thought I would never get, but I got it early this month - finally: after 7 1/2 months. I still can't believe this is happening. I'll tell you more in March! I hope the pandemic hasn't impacted your way of life too much. Keep well - Constanze
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom