Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

I am so glad things went well. Omg what a beautiful smile you're wearing. I'm so happy you didn't need a revision. Get some rest now. I'll be checking in on you from time to time. Just don't over do it. Take it easy and get well again.

You look great @Krista! So happy to see you standing and doing well. Keep it up.

Thanks, everyone! I am feeling good today. Excited about breakfast sandwich and yogurt and fruit coming. Blood pressure is low, so getting a bolus of fluids. Catheter still in, thank goodness.

No narcotic pain meds yet, YAY, pain is not bad at all. Will be walking more today. Got sleep last night, maybe 5 hours, so happy!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

So glad you are finally on the good side of this problem. Well done! Onward and upward. You got this!

Very happy to see you on the other side doing well, hope the breakfast lived up to your expectations.

So glad to see your good report. Enjoy your breakfast. I'm so glad your finally getting some pain relief. No one deserves it more than you.

Wow that is a creepy pic! So glad everything went well for you with the surgery! Great pics of you there!

:loveshwr:

Wooo hooooo! So happy to see you here! And even happier to hear how well you are doing!!!:happydance::dancy::happydance:

Two and a half days after gluteus mediums repair and a look-see at my THR prostheses, I continue to do SO much better than when I had my THR last year. I am still in hospital, awaiting insurance authorization to go to rehab. Still only taking acetaminophen for pain, with a Lyrica or two a day. Slept enough hours last night, even though I woke up every two hours to pee, since they had taken out the catheter. I am getting around famously with the walker, and can get my legs in and out of bed. No more drain or oxygen for me, either.

And I am eating three solid, delicious meals per day. I feel stuffed all the time! All bathroom systems are go, both #1 and #2. They treat me like a queen here. Staff is all so supportive and friendly. Both my family practice doc and a doc from the main surgeons office came to see me. PT consists only of me getting in and out of bed/chair/toilet and walking with walker, while putting only 20 pounds of weight bearing on the surgical leg. That take some practice before it becomes second nature. Hasn't happened to me yet, and I have to think about each step.

It almost feels like a vacation here for me, and that's because of a great facility and not much pain. I feel very lucky. Will report when I am at the rehab center. I am hoping it doesn't happen until Monday!

The best to all of you!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Wonderful @Krista . Glad to hear that this is going so easy. You have had enough issues/pain that is for sure!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom