Guest viewing is limited

Knees Crack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boogie I know, Boot scootin makes me thinkof other un named things. How 'bout scooter trash?
 
Let me lay a little Brooks and Dunn on ya....This country song will make the WORST knees wanna get up and boogie! right guys???

Out in the country past the city limits sign
Well there's a honky tonk near the county line
The joint starts jumpin everynight when the sun goes down
They got whiskey women music & smoke
It's where all the country folk go to boot scootin' boogie

I've got a good job I work hard for my money
When it's quittin time I hit the door runnin'
I fire up my pickup truck & let the horses run
I go flyin' down that highway to that hide-a-way
Stuck out in the woods to do the boot scootin' boogie


Yeah, heel, toe, docie doe come on baby let's go boot scootin
Cadilac black jack, baby meet me outback we're gonna boogie
Oh get down, turn around go to town boot scootin' boogie

The bartender asks me says son what'll it be
I want a shot at that redhead yonder lookin' at me
The dance floors hoppin' & it's hotter than the fourth of July
I see outlaws, inlaws crooks & straights all out makin' it shake
Doin' the boot scootin' boogie

Yeah, heel, toe, docie doe come on baby let's go boot scootin
Cadilac black jack, baby meet me outback we're gonna boogie
Oh get down, turn around go to town boot scootin' boogie
 
Patti, take pity on me, i'm just a northern yankee girl, But the boot scootin boogie IS exactly what I thought it was........................
 
Let me lay a little Brooks and Dunn on ya....This country song will make the WORST knees wanna get up and boogie! right guys???

Out in the country past the city limits sign
Well there's a honky tonk near the county line
The joint starts jumpin everynight when the sun goes down
They got whiskey women music & smoke
It's where all the country folk go to boot scootin' boogie

I've got a good job I work hard for my money
When it's quittin time I hit the door runnin'
I fire up my pickup truck & let the horses run
I go flyin' down that highway to that hide-a-way
Stuck out in the woods to do the boot scootin' boogie


Yeah, heel, toe, docie doe come on baby let's go boot scootin
Cadilac black jack, baby meet me outback we're gonna boogie
Oh get down, turn around go to town boot scootin' boogie

The bartender asks me says son what'll it be
I want a shot at that redhead yonder lookin' at me
The dance floors hoppin' & it's hotter than the fourth of July
I see outlaws, inlaws crooks & straights all out makin' it shake
Doin' the boot scootin' boogie

Yeah, heel, toe, docie doe come on baby let's go boot scootin
Cadilac black jack, baby meet me outback we're gonna boogie
Oh get down, turn around go to town boot scootin' boogie
Yeah. Go for it. Reminds me of what I am missing. So hurry up knee and get better, so I can get back to the line dancing.
 
I'm noticing the knee clicks/klunks, whatever. I agree that sometimes my knee feels really weird and I can't describe it. Feels like Gat says, something needs a small adjustment or something. Even worse when I accidentally fully extend my knee when walking. That feels like the leg is going to catch not be able to un-catch. Still, no pain is a good thing and I should not complain!
 
I don't know what it is--- but my partial knee doesn't do it and it seems like many of your total knees do...

On the PKR web sites they list an advantage of the PKR as "feeling more like your own knee than a total knee replacement".

Do you think this might be what they were talking about?

My teaching colleague with a 2 year old TKR says she is always aware that it is not her own knee--- and honestly (other than the "owie" and swelling part) my new partial knee *does* feel just like my other knee-- well, maybe that is because IT is "owie" and swelling now too.... I mean the *healing* part is still incomplete--- but the knee itself feels like mine but without the arthritis.

The website never mentioned "clunking" but they wouldn't, would they? Not a very attractive attribute for the total knees.....

But hey--- they work great and the OA is gone! And that's why we are here, right?
 
Beach, I'm sure you're right that the "no clunk" is a plus for the partial knee. But....speaking as someone who REALLY needed a total knee, it could clunk away, feel strange, look funny on the outside, and dance the two-step when I bend it and I wouldn't care. It is strong and doesn't hurt!!! Bonanza!!! As long as a person knows that those little noises and feelings are nothing bad, I think most people really don't care. My doctor told me in advance that it would make some clunking noises, so I was expecting it. He gave that answer when I asked him if it would feel just like my real knee. He said yes except for the slight noise. It could be worse.....it could be so loud that people would hear it. As it is, mine clunks sometimes, not always, and it's more of a "feeling" than a sound.
 
Jamie--- no disrespect intended.... and I know you all really needed the TKR. I am one of the fortunate few with severe OA who qualified for the partial and I am very grateful for the years it will "buy" me before a revision to TKR is needed.
I have just been curious about the "clunking" sound which I had never heard anything about other than here....and wondering aloud where it comes from in your knees and not in mine.

Ed---Of course, it makes sense that those ligaments would be the key. I still have mine. Thank you for pointing that out for me.
 
I didn't have a choice, my acl and mcl were already transplants that were stretched and worn out again.
My Dr. warned me several times that it would klunk and make noises. But as he pointed out,I wouldn't be hurting constantly.
Skeet, I'm wondering if you just aren't used to being able to fully extend your leg?
I know I went a couple of years w/o full extension. Occasionally as I step down, I'll get a brief feeling that I'm hyper extending the knee but it doesn't.
 
It is a miraculous technology--- clunks or no clunks.
 
I don't know how long TKR's have been around but I am darn sure glad they're here now.
I can't imagine having to finish my life with the pain I was having before.
 
I think the first ones were in the 1970s.... and Jo said she was on the OR Team for that very first one! She said it was not very successful, but the gentleman patient (and I think he should definitely be called that!) had a great attitude.

I have great respect and gratitude for those who have gone before us and allowed the technology to progress to where it is today. One of the reasons I feel confident about my knee future is because I believe the techonology has progressed perhaps farther than they even know----- and will continue to do so in the future.
 
Jamie, I have the feeling more tahn sounnd also. Gat's post brought it to my attention. I noticed it before that but didn't register. So yet another thing that is Gats fault (kidding), have we had anyone with lots & lots of PO time say it goes away?
 
I had more than full extension both before and after the surgery. I even had knees that locked when I stood for any period of time. I have to watch it to ensure my leg doesn't lock on the "new" knee.

So EDK are you saying that TKR removes the ACL/MCL? I thought I still had all my ligaments and tendons in place. Not sure if you were implying they are removed in TKR or that if you had them removed prior to TKR it would be noisy.
 
Skeet, they removed my acl and mcl for the new knee.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom