Guest viewing is limited

Kneeper will do it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best wishes! Looking forward to your recovery posts!
 
Well I had the joint class. One new thing is that we will be getting one of those polar ice type machines. An upgrade from last time. The nurse who led it really emphasized being honest about pain levels and to not try to be a hero. Hmm, where have I heard that before? :heehee:
 
Wow @kneeper getting one of those polar ice machines given. We don't get those in the UK. I didn't even get any ice last time, Wrightington don't do it. We don't get joint classes either.
 
I thought it was pretty cool--no pun intended. But of course we'll be billed for it so it's good we get to take it home.
 
I think I'm going to buy one this time. I'm going to wait until Friday when I see the surgeon. If I end up having to wear a knee brace again it won't be worth it. The manual one retails over here between £100 and £110, or I could try e-bay. Does yours have the pump fitted?
 
I think that's what they said.
 
Had a good appointment with anesthesia department. They seemed very thorough in asking me questions and prepping me for what to expect on the surgery day. And they again emphasized communicating promptly regarding my pain levels. :thumb:
 
One week to go! Getting my "nest" organized this week.
 
My knee is definitely answering my pre-op niggling thought "is my knee really *that* bad?" with "Yes!" It doesn't feel too bad if I'm not doing anything, but cleaning the house and doing errands the last few days--ow! Oh, and doing stairs, getting out of chairs.... I think because my first knee was so horribly bad compared to this one I have just a little tiny doubt==pre op jitters, I'm sure. Logically, I know the knee is shot and that my OS is fairly conservative. He wouldn't have recommended tkr if I didn't need it.

My OS is very willing to answer any questions and explain stuff and I'm pleased with the first knee, so really I am pretty confident going in.
 
pre op jitters
Reading this gave me a bit of a jitter for you.
Sounds like everything is ready to go, and you have great confidence in your surgeon. All you have to do is follow the Bonesmart Mantra when you get home, and wait for your knee to heal.
Cleaning the house and errands will have to wait.
 
Thanks, @pumpkin. I've had all my pre-op appointments, so now it's hurry up and wait til Monday.
 
I get to be first up on Monday. :yes!: I was last time too. Not sure if it is b/c it's an RA knee or what, but I'm glad I won't have to wait around.
 
Our time will soon be here. Because of the time difference I'll be through first despite being told I'm now 2nd on the list. I'm not sure how the internet access will be this time. It depends on which side of the ward I'm on. One side works, the other doesn't. I'll post as soon as I can. I think that we both are ready for this. Not long now.
 
Here's hoping that Monday goes well for both of you! :friends:
 
Good luck Monday - both of you! I will keep you in my thoughts!
 
Yes, good luck on Monday. Will be thinking of you both.
 
Hi @kneeper I just want to wish you good luck for your op on Monday. You've always popped up in my thread and offered support and advice for which I truly thank you. So, on that note Kneeper I wish you all the very best of luck x x x. Love Nana moon 27 xxxx p.s I'm so glad you're first on the list! Nothing worse than waiting! Xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom