Guest viewing is limited

Kneeper will do it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised the class is mandatory. In my hospital the class is given on the ortho floor and I did like seeing how the patients were treated and what they were doing. Also we met several nurses from on that floor and PT we would be working with. You could probably teach the course though kneeper.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
@kneeper I found that after being on this site and reading a lot of peoples stories and the suggested reading that when I went to class last week I was pretty much familiar with everything they talked about. It actually gave me a sense of confidence of what is to come.
 
I got more value out of bonesmart than the first "class" other than some specific protocol stuff. Actually I might be able to get out of doing the class since this is my 2nd knee but I'm not going to push the issue.
 
I was required to attend a joint replacement class about a week before my THR. That was my fourth hip surgery so, between my own personal experience and what I'd read on Bonesmart, I knew what I needed to know. I went to part of the class and then slipped out about halfway through. I'd already signed the attendance roster, so no one was any wiser. (It was a huge class at a large, busy hospital.)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
I got more value out of bonesmart than the first "class" other than some specific protocol stuff. Actually I might be able to get out of doing the class since this is my 2nd knee but I'm not going to push the issue.

I agree! Bonesmart is so rich with information and tips that it can teach the hospital staff a thing or two. :wink:
Since you already had a TKR, perhaps they will let you decline attending the class. If you do skip the class, be sure you know ahead of time what the length of stay in the hospital will be and what the choice of anesthetics will be. I didn't find out either of the aforementioned until I was actually in the surgical holding area and the anesthesiologist told me. :oyvey:
 
I have an anesthesia appointment as well as one with my GP for clearance & the surgeon, so no worries on that score. I'm sure it will be a spinal with "happy juice" again.
 
My knee is not happy after I cut the grass today. As I'm here icing, it's definitely "speaking" to me. :flabber:
 
Less than a month until your LTKR, hope your pre op goes well. Cutting the grass, :wowspring:.
I haven't been able to cut the grass in years.
 
I've got one of those self propelled mowers so that's almost easier than vacuuming. But walking on the uneven lawn is a killer. Testing out my new gel pack.
 
I could cut the grass - the mower is easy to push, the grass is level, and we only have a small area - but I can never work the pull-start. So, looking after the grass is hubby's job. If he's not well, or is extra-busy, I get him to start the mower and then I cut the grass.
 
^that's why I've got one with an electric start. :wink:
 
^that's why I've got one with an electric start. :wink:

Maybe we'll get one - when the current one dies! Meanwhile, I like not having lawn-mowing as one of my jobs.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Luckily a friend will do my grass while I'm laid up, but it's all me for the next few weeks.
 
Looking forward to next week when I have my pre-op clearance appointment with my GP. That will bring me one step closer to a good left knee.
 
Best wishes for next week!

We'll be looking out for you. Post when you can.
 
Good luck at your Pre op, only a few more weeks and this will be behind you. :flwrysmile:
 
Yep. It's getting harder to focus on my work as I get closer to getting this underway. Kind of counting down now.
 
The last week of work was rough, I anxious to move forward. My knee was also getting more painful, and harder to get around.
 
I've been counting down since January when my surgery date was set. 16 more days for me and I can't wait!

Today my husband built a platform for my recliner to make it easier for me to get in and out of it. He's usually not much of a handyman but he did a great job!
[Bonesmart.org] Kneeper will do it again
 
Got the go ahead from my PCP! :) Wouldn't you know I've had a couple of good days with the knee now that it's getting closer. Well, except for the going out on me a couple of times a day...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom