TKR KathyH New Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love your wedding outfit Kathy - it looks fab!

May not to be to everyones taste but I got some great and comfortable low heels for my Doctorate graduation last year from Hotter Shoes - the shoes are designed for comfort with a lot of padding and air-bubbles in the soles. I managed to hop around in them all day with little pain despite the level of knee damage - even managed the "stair ceremony"

In Sweden we don't have graduation robes by wear evening dress - I had chosen a vintage-style 1920s gown so chose the vintage style heels - but there are plainer styles as well (I liked the idea of the strap so that I woild not risk losing them during the stair ceremony in front of 500 people :yikes: )
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee
 
Ha ha, I love it too Jacky48 Jacky. One of our nieces had her 30th birthday party on Saturday and the theme was masquerade. All the men wore suits, bow ties and masks and the ladies wore their glam dresses with masks. Everybody made such a good effort dressing up, it was real good fun. Must admit, like most others, I only wore my mask for five or ten minutes, it was a bit too hot and I didn't want it ruining my false eyelashes :heehee:

Roooooooar :whistle: :heehee:
 
Thank you, puffin

Your shoes are lovely and they look really comfortable. They don't seem to make many shoes for comfort these days, more for looks, which ain't good at my age :heehee:

Oh how lovely to have worn a vintage 1920s dress for your graduation - much better for the ladies than a dull boring robe. Do you have a photo, would love to see it?
 
Kathy, that had to be such a fun party! Somehow I see you more as a purring tigress, rather than a rooooaring one! :) :whistle:
 
Depends who crosses me, Jacky :heehee:

It was indeed a fun party and a good time had by all. Unfortunately I'm having issues with Ray's eldest sister at the moment. Well, since a couple of weeks after I came out of hospital with my new knee, actually. She wrote me an unkind letter, which she sees nothing wrong with - even though one of her other sisters told her not to send, but she did. I have since found out that she has told me lies about their lovely auntie, saying she was livid with me and Ray, when actually that auntie has not one bad bone in her body. I confirmed it with the said auntie on Saturday. She has also interfered in our son's wedding arrangements!

I went down to see her a little while ago to sort things out, but she had an answer for everything and there was no way I was going to win! She has since said sorry to Ray. But that letter was addressed to me and I have had no apology! It's too late now anyway, too much damage has been done. She makes out she has a good heart, but she speaks her mind without a thought to others' feelings.

Just hope she doesn't ruin Russell's wedding for me next week. She has booked to come to Kelly's wedding in Cyprus in September. Kelly and Andrew don't actually want her at their wedding, but have only kept quiet for Ray's sake.

So to her:
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee


and to everyone else:
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee


:heehee: :heehee:
 
Great attitude Kathy! I do remember way back when, when she did that to you and it was inexcusable for her to do such a mean thing, especially when you were just out of the hospital and recovering. Some people only have the strength to kick someone when they're down already! Shame on her! I think everyone has such a person in their lives, and those people are just cowards to be ignored!

If she tries anything at your son's or daughter's wedding someone in her family should be elected to remove her from your space or out the door. That's what we had to do for our daughter's wedding and it worked. No one should have the power to ruin someone else's special day!

And, keep that roooar going kiddo! :)
 
Oh it's a shame you had to do that at your daughter's wedding. Hope it didn't spoil it for you or your daughter. There's always one, isn't there? :headbang: :whistle:
 
Families are weird and wonderful things arent they as Im finding out at the moment. Its difficult sometimes to please everyone so you just have to be true to yourself. I sometimes have to bite my tongue so badly to stop saying some things that would offend. I say it in my head and just have a little forced smile on my face. Working at the moment but not sure for how much longer.
 
Kathy, my daughter didn't know that's why I put a plan in place. Luckily nothing happen or that we know about! It was a wonderful day, as I'm sure yours will be as well! :)

robynhood Pat, I know what you mean about biting the tongue, sometime you could swear that you're tasting blood! :rolleyes:
 
WOW KathyH had to have a good old search for your thread. Hope you are OK. Havent heard from you for a while so thought I would drop by and say Hello. My diet is going quite well. Reading your previous threads I was always envious of your weight loss and Im hoping I do as well as you. Ive lost ten and a half pounds up to now and Im still really into the healthy eating. It helps that Karlea and Laura are both trying to lose weight too for their hols. Hope you and all your family are all well and hope to hear from you soon. O yes and the knee is doing brilliant. Getting better every day.
 
O just thought. Has it been your sons Russells wedding inBrighton. If it has I hope it went well. Love to see some photos. Take Care.
 
I'm with Pat, Kathy pics please! I hope all went well for your sons wedding! Ray must have been a proud best man!
I hope you have a picture of the 2 of you all dolled up!
 
Hiya Pat robynhood, Jacky Jacky48 and Dawn Dhare63. It's been a manic couple of weeks, as you can imagine. Before the wedding I was running here there and everywhere trying to get the final bits, make up, bag, jewelery, etc. But got em all in the end and was very pleased with what I did get.

Well the first wedding of the year is 10 days away now. The very happy couple are currently honeymooning in the Maldives. We Skyped on Sunday and they showed us round there hut (or whatever you call them :heehee: ) on their iPad. Looks like heaven on earth.

We travelled down to Brighton the day before the wedding for the rehearsal in the morning. Alice and Russell paid me and Alice's Mum a huge compliment by asking us to be their two witnesses - a great honour. Our immediate family (10 of us) hired an apartment and lovely it was too - very spacious and all mod cons with two bathrooms.

The wedding itself could not have gone any better. It was just the perfect day and evening. The church was lovely and really ancient. Everyone looked lovely. The sun shone all day and the venue was perfect for the weather - a restaurant and grill bar right on the beach, with a huge verandah surrounding it.

Alice's eldest sister, Justine, had organised most if it. She is a master of all trades and has become my heroine. She had designed the really unusual wedding invitations, designed the theme for the venue and decorated it with the help of a friend. She even made the mahoosive five tiered wedding cake. She is one amazing gal and I have the utmost respect and admiration for her.

There was a disco in the evening and I danced and danced the night away - which has always been my first target since my knee op, as some of you may know. The day after the knee gave me no trouble.

The next day most of the family went home, but Ray and I met up with the bridge groom and a few of Alice's family and their friends for another day on the beach front - at another bar. We sat out the front, again the sun shone and listened to the live music while eating delicious fish and chips with a few pints of lager :cheers: Later on in the evening we went for a meal to an Italian restaurant.

Oh it was such a wonderful weekend that I want to relieve it every weekend. I have the wedding blues now :heehee:

I will post some pics when I get home from work tonight.
 
Wow what a lovely couple. Cant wait to see other photos later Kathy. Nice to hear from you again
 
It sure looks like you had a great time Kathy! Wonderful picture of the bride and groom, can't wait to see more! :)
 
Wow Kathy, what a wonderful wedding you describe! I'm happy it came together so well! And being able to dance and kick up your heels, you sure have come a long way from the early days of TKR recovery! Congrats, it's inspiring!

The couple is adorable and I see you in your son! Now it's time to see the pictures of you in that lovely outfit. I've been wondering what you ended up with for shoes to tie it all together.

Thanks so much for sharing! Can't wait for more pictures!

Very happy to hear from you, all the best,

Dawn
 
Sorry peeps for not getting back with more pics. Most evenings I get home from work, by the time I've taken dog out for walk, got on my exercise bike - I am pooped :heehee:

Anyway, here are some more pics. The first one of Ria, my eldest granddaughter and I leaving the apartment we had hired, on way to the church:
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom