TKR KathyH New Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a lovely time Kathy :) A friend of mine is going on Sunday. I'm not too keen on Robbie either. I think he's a little bit up his own bottom but I think the experience & atmosphere will be great & who doesn't like the lovely Olly! :flwrysmile:
 
Enjoy! By all accounts , Glasgow concerts were excellent! T hunk the show will be great, not sure I'd fancy standing for the night, I like my comfort!
 
How was the concert Kathy? Hope you enjoyed it AND your knee did too :)
 
I enjoyed the whole weekend, it was great thanks, Mutley. However, my opinion of Robbie still hasn't changed. Still don't like him :whistle: The atmosphere at the stadium was great and I did try my best to get into the spirit of it all, but it was all pretend, I'm afraid. Found myself wanting the concert to end. Shame, I normally love them.

We got to our hotel late morning and had a walk down Oxford Street. Unbeknown to us, London Gay Pride was taking place, so it was just like a carnival atmosphere. Stood and watched that for a while. Had some lunch and a couple of drinks.

Later on got the train to Wembley. Walking from the station to the stadium was really jolly, a crowd of girls behind us singing loudly all the way and slapping the locals as they went passed (jovially, not aggresive :heehee: ). We go back to the hotel and bed at 2 am.

Next morning had a lovely full English breakfast on the way to King's Cross station. Got home and Ray said, shall we have a couple of drinks next door (pub) which we did and sat outside on the verandah. Went shopping, bought a cooked chicken and salad and ate that in the garden. It was such a lovely sunny day.

All in all a wonderful weekend :SUNsmile:
 
Sounds like a lovely weekend Kathy! Just a shame Robbie had to go & spoil it for you :heehee: Still, a nice breakaway & to come back to sunshine & a few cheeky one's in the pub is a big BONUS too!
 
I'm glad you had a wonderful time Kathy! And, a wonderful time with Ray afterwards really put the frosting on the cake for your weekend! :) Sweet!
 
Josephine, I'm ten and a half months now and was doing progressing slowly. But for the past three weeks now, my knee has been soooo stiff. It started all of a sudden if I remember rightly. I will answer the question you will no doubt ask me - I have done absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. So can you think why this should be?

It's quite frustrating when you think you are doing reasonably well :boohoo:

Edit - thinking about it, I do a bit more walking now. I'm not talking hiking, but going out to the shops at lunch times now and again, now that I'm gradually regaining confidence to go out on my own again and that type of thing. But surely normal every day walking wouldn't have this effect after all this time, would it?
 
Kathy I had a whole bunch of errands to run yesterday. I was out for about 3 hours walking in different stores to picking up stuff I needed. My knee has been very stiff since then. I even iced it lastnight cuz it was so stiff. I am about 10 1/4 mos out, so wanted to let you know you are not alone. Hugs!
 
Bless you, Gail Nanners for letting me know this. Let's hope the time comes soon when neither of us think so much about our knees and they naturally become a part of us.
 
After lunch on Monday, decided to go for a walk round the block to walk off the jam doughnuts we all had at coffee break :heehee: Clocked up 31 minutes of walking, which was a surprise as I hate walking.

So decided, time and weather allowing, I would do this every day after lunch and have done. I downloaded the 'Map My Walk' app, which is brilliant and free! I am walking 1.5 miles and burning over 100 calories each time. Yay, well happy.

And you know what else? My knee is not so stiff either! Coincidence or not? YOU decide :heehee:
 
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee
KathyH, walking has long been considered one of the best forms of exercise for all age groups. It's simple, easy, and no special equipment needed. And you're already reaping the benefits---but you wouldn't be doing it at all if you hadn't gotten that new knee!
 
Hi Kathy, I'm glad to see that you're enjoying walking again, and your knee didn't get mad this time, it's probably starting to figure out who's boss! :shrug:
Thanks for looking for me kiddo! I've been hooked on that darn "Candy Crush" game on my iPad. It's a frustrating game, but I keep going back, as I hate to lose! :hissy:
 
Tried to catch up with Kathy today in Edinburgh but we didn't manage to meet up.
Enjoy your trip Kathy despite the tram roadworks Edinburgh is still a beautiful city, I enjoyed my trip along the royal mile
 
Happy anniversary to knee, happy anniversary to knee, happy anniversary dear knee, happy anniversary to knee :heehee: It's hard to believe it's a year today since my TKR. Looking back, the time has whizzed by.

My one year report is that I am happy I had this procedure done, when I did. I'm not restricted in doing anything, apart from kneeling. I haven't even tried that and don't think I will - some people have said it feels too weird. I can get by without kneeling. The knee still gets stiff on occasions, but I can live with that too. I know and people have said that I walk a lot better. Well I certainly don't have that horrible limp I had before the op. I have a wee bit of a limp still, but I can master that when I think about it. There is still the odd person, just like two days ago, when I was doing a work colleague a favour, she says "you're not walking very well". Excuse my french, but what the f*****g hell? I am walking a WHOLE lot better. Again, you negative people, please just point out the positives!!! If I know someone who has not been well, I don't point out that they are not looking good, for heaven's sake!!!

My ROM has been 'stuck' at 105 for some time, but am still hopeful that I can improve on this. Even so, this number doesn't restrict me. I can go upstairs fine. Coming down, I am a little slower, but hey, can still do it.

Can't ski or water ski, do the jive, run a four minute mile, play the piano or guitar, sing - but I couldn't do these things before TKR, so still happy :dancy:

Anyway, onwards and upwards (to quote Pat's title) as far as I and all who matters to me, including my BS friends - all is good, in fact, fantastic. Considering how s**t scared I was about the op, it wasn't even half as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

I can walk any length (the only thing that ache are my feet :heehee: ). I do my exercise bike and eliptical trainer. I can do my day to day things, i.e. full day's work, housework, etc. I haven't tried running (as in trotting, not athletics :heehee: ) yet. Just the courage that prevents me so far. I have dreamed that I can run, if that counts :loll:

Thanks Jacky48. Really enjoying this summer and such a busy one too. To date this summer, have done our son's wedding in Brighton, our daughter's hen weekend in Edinburgh (so sorry not to have met up with Nancy), another family wedding in Jersey. Next up is SIL's wedding in London, then daughter's wedding in Cyprus. Oh and it's our 40th wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks. But with so much going on, we're going to celebrate our 41st next year instead. My feet have hardly touched the ground this year, lol. Been lovely though. Might be bored (and definitely broke :heehee:) next year.
 
Well hello there Ms. Kathy, nice to see you again, and so happy to hear that you are doing so well! A Big Happy Anniversary to you my dear! You certainly have come a long way since you started this journey! And, I certainly do remember very well how s**t scared you were, you almost backed out, which in turned scared the heck out of me, because I thought OMG if she backs out now, she'd only have to wait longer to get on the list again, and you had so many things coming up this year! You would have been just miserable, because if I recall correctly your knee would lock up on you, and I knew how horrible that is. So, HORRAY for you my friend! :yay: You did it and I'm so very proud of you! You put your "Big Girl" pants on and you grabbed the brass ring and won! :happydance: :spin: :dancy: :friends:

As for those negative, mean spirited people, I say that they are one jealous lot of sad human beings without ONE good atom inside their whole body, a shame for them. We can only shake our heads and pity them, rather then stoop to their level and poison ourselves!

Dreaming that you could run does count, it works for me. I suppose if we were being chased by the devil or a monster, we'd sure find a way to run a one minute mile kiddo! :dancy: :)

I'm not into the kneeling thing much either! We went to church recently and when it came time to kneel, I just leaned forward in my seat, not kneeling, and I did notice that others were doing the same. A lot of bad knees out here in the world!

You certainly are one busy lady this year kiddo, plus working full time! I can see where your feet hard touched the ground! :heehee:

Happy, upcoming, 40th wedding anniversary my friend! Ya gotta wonder where all those years went! :shrug: Congratulations! :martini:

When all the dust settles, you'll enjoy the boredom for a while (even though broke :heehee: ) but then you and hubby can think of things to do just for yourselves! Now that's also fun! :)

Enjoy the rest of your summer and all the upcoming festivities, and stay well my friend!
 
Jacky48 Jacky, you have such a good memory, my lovely friend. I think a lot of us think about backing out at the last minute, but most of us don't, thank heaven. Oooh, how I remember the locking and each time it was getting longer and longer to unlock :yikes: So lovely jubbly that doesn't happen any more - just another plus for the TKR. HOORAY for TKRs :yay:

Ray goes to church most weekends and occasionally I go with him. I haven't knelt in church for many years. I feel rather conspicuous that I don't. But like you, I lean forward a little. But of course there are others who don't kneel, as you say.

Hope you are having a lovely summer, both weatherwise and personally? I do miss the banter on here, I hope to make time to come on more often when things quieten down.

You stay well too :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom