Guest viewing is limited

TKR KathyH New Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Kathy, I'm with Dawn---where are the pics! Know you've got some so please post them soonest!
 
Dawn Dhare63 and Judy bottomshollow and anyone else who would like to see a few photos of Kelly and Andrew's wedding. I have put them in the Social bit, under 'Kathy's Photos' rather than put them here under the knee replacement bit.

We have our fifth and last wedding of the year later this month when a friend gets married in London. My Mum moved in with us last weekend. She sold her bungalow and is having one built next to ours. Well, it will actually be attached to ours, but she will have her own front door. At the moment, we are trying to keep our Yorkshire Terrier and my Mum's two cats separate as they are not at all keen on each other. Anyone have any ideas as to how we can rectify this problem? When the cats see Sasha, their backs go up and they hiss like hell!

Kelly and her family are moving on 29 November to a bigger house in our village, so that will be lovely. But a hectic time for us all.

As for my knee, I had a check up at the hospital a couple of weeks ago. As far as they are concerned, any bend above 95 is a bonus! I thought they would discharge me this time, but I am to go back in one year. I don't mind that at all. Rather they keep an eye on me, than not.

Touching lots of wood, my new knee continues to be good and gives me no gyp (jip?) at all. When I think back to this time last year, I was in such a dark place, very down, thinking I would never get better. It felt like there was a permanent black cloud over me. Oh, terrible awful sad days. Yes, I was full of self pity. Thank God for Bonesmart and my Bonesmartie friends. How would I have got through those days and nights without you all? Well, I wouldn't have, plain and simple! Whoever invented the internet, they are a Godsend.

What a difference a year makes, aye. It is just wonderful and I can say without any doubt that I am absolutely glad that I had the replacement when I did. I can walk for any distance and the only thing that will ache are my feet :heehee: It did take me quite a while to walk anywhere by myself. But I even have that confidence back now and happily trot off into town sometimes during my lunch break at work.

I haven't actually tried running yet. But then, I haven't had the need to. So won't even try, unless needed, say in an emergency, whatever that would be. If you see what I mean :heehee:
 
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee
Like I always said---TIME & PATIENCE, TIME & PATIENCE. They do get you to the end of recovery road if you have faith in them. So happy that you're happy with your knee.
 
Wonderful post Kathy. I am so pleased to hear you are doing so well.
I'm off to look at those photos now,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :dancy: :yay:
 
Hi Kathy.

Have just looked at the pics and they're all lovely. What a year you have had!

Although it's always good to get upates from fellow Bonesmarties, I'm always pleased when someone begins to post less often as, in my cup half full way, I assume it means that all is going well and not so much support is needed.

Being just a week away from my next revision, I'm back on the site much more than I have been recently and guess I will be for a good few months yet. Being part of the Bonesmart family is such a privilege!

It's a pleasure to hear that life is now so good for you. Continue to go well. Linda x
 
Thanks so much for your kind words, Linda Coppernob. I agree with what you say about not coming on here so often because we are doing well. But I really would like to come on more to give more support to others who are going through what I went through. That support was/is enormously gratefully received. However, with back to full time work, I am often too tired to get back on the computer during the evenings. Note to self: try and make more effort in the new year :tada:

The best of luck with your revision next week. I shall keep an eye out for your progress :flwrysmile:

I love your avatar picture, Linda, it's lovely. I'm guessing they are your grandchildren.
 
Thanks Kathy. Yes they are my 3 special granddaughters Leila, Sofia and Ella. The pic was taken in August when Sofia was over from Italy so they are all a bit bigger now. I'll see if I can somehow put some more up to date ones on. Linda x
 
Kathy loving your wedding photos. You have a very good looking happy family. Little Rayan is so cute and growing so quickly. Glad to hear everything is well with you and its so nice to see your name pop up from time to time. Take Care. Hugs x x Pat KathyH
 
:ereindeer::gbhouse::huggy santa::mer xm::reindeer::snowman: KATHY WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SEASONS GREETINGS AND A FANTASTIC NEW YEAR :sleigh::santa sleigh::xmasdance::xmas-tree:
 
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee
bottomshollow
 
Sorry I missed the party. We had a lovely family Christmas. 12 of us for two nights and 9 for eight nights.
Hard work an hectic, but I wouldn't have it any other way really. I never fancy going out for New Year's Eve these days. I have always felt it was over-rated. So much hype about it, but it never turned out to be more special than any other night. I much prefer Christmas.

Hope you all had a wonderful time. Back to the grindstone now. Well for some. I was supposed to go back to work today, but have felt really rough this week with a nasty cold and cough. So I will go back Monday instead.
 
Happy new year,you beat us by 3 we had 9 for new year brothers and sisters,we try to get togeather new year eve and day.Must be something about weather or Cambridge my brother and wife have had to dash to there daughters in Cambridge to look after grandkids all full of cold.Have a good year.
 
I think you're right about Cambridge, Richard @RICBAK1 :heehee: Although I don't actually live in the city (live in a village 22 miles away) but I work in a college there. We call it Michaelmas flu, as everyone seems to catch something during this term :heehee:
 
I hope your cold and cough leave you quickly my friend! Good choice of waiting to go back to work on Monday, smart woman! I happy to hear that you had a great Christmas! Norm and I also prefer a quiet New Years Eve. I wish you the best of health and happiness in the New Year kiddo! Enjoy your new grandbaby! :)
 
Thank you Jacky. Oh Rayan is giving us so much pleasure. He crawls now and has speeded up properly over Christmas. He can pull himself up on to his feel with the aid of the furniture. He is growing too fast! He is adorable.
 
Hi Kathy glad to hear you had a good Christmas and New Year all be it a little hectic. Ours was quieter this year but lovely. Mark and I are on speaking terms and he invited me to his new home with Cath over Christmas. So a good start to the New a Year for me. I'm hoping to get much more exercise this year and went for a two mile walk New Year's Day. A good start. Hope your cold is better. Take Care
 
Good to hear you had a nice holiday! Both my boys were here for Christmas which was a great. We do things very low key around here which suits me just fine!

Do take care and stay in touch!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Thanks Pat. That is really good news to hear you are getting back on track with Mark. Wow, very impressed with your two mile walk. Well done you. Things are really like your title - onwards and upwards :dancy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom