TKR KathyH New Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kathy, So pleased to hear your very positive report. You have accomplished so much in a year you must be very proud. You sure have a lot of weddings in your family at the moment. And 40 years married. WOW. Congrats for that too. You seem to have a much better quality of life which is all we want really isn't it instead of feeling old before our time. I was as scared as you and put it of for at least 3 years when my knee just got worse and worse. I will never regret having it done. Just don't want the other one done just yet. Hope you and all your lovely family have a great time in whats left of our beautiful summer this year. I will always remember you as one of my close friends on here who was always there to offer help and advice in my early weeks. For that I Thank You Very Much. You keep on getting jiggy with it Keep on Dancing and Enjoy yourself. You Deserve it
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee
 
Aaah, thank you for those kind words, Pat robynhood. They mean a lot. And I hope I'm STILL one of your closest friends on here, even though I don't get to come on as often as I did :whistle:

You are a lovely person and I really really hope that your family grievances get sorted asap! They will in time. Our children never stop loving us, even though at times it seems like they don't.

Love the avatar - wish I could frame it :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Kathy,

What a nice post!! Congrats on your one year! And your fortieth anniversary! You have been and continue to be one busy lady!

I remember when you were fresh on this side and struggling in so many ways. It's wonderful to see you happy and able to enjoy your life again! You will keep gaining ground and should see more fluid motion as time goes by.

You have persevered and it goes to show that sticking with it and never giving up is worth it!

I hope you keep coming by and checking in from time to time. As Jacky48 and robynhood mention, I too consider you are dear friend and compassionate soul. I so wish we all lived near one anther so we could actually visit and share a cocktail together; now that would be fabulous!

Congrats and have fun!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Great result Kathy! Good things come to those who wait...even if we find the patience bit hard. I hadn't realised you were on a hen weekend.
 
Happy Anniversary to your knee KathyH. Glad to hear you are doing well. I actually think we are much alike. I am still about 105 and 5 ish on the straightening. Its not perfect, but I am pretty satisfied. And I feel it slowly coming along with time. Keep up the good work! You have a busy schedule coming up!
 
Hi Gail Nanners, I think we have been very alike since our ops. Apart from that you suffered more with your other ailments. We've certainly had our ups and downs. Fingers crossed, it's mostly ups from now on. What a ride, aye? :flwrysmile:
 
Dare I say (touching lots of wood) that my knee has been feeling really good lately? There have been the odd moments too when I have taken steps without even thinking about my knee, which is a godsend in itself. Even coming down stairs has seemed somewhat easier. So I am feeling very happy with my new knee.

I haven't measured it lately, but will have a go tomorrow if I remember. Not that it matters too much what the number is, as long as I feel happy about it, that's the main thing, isn't it.

We fly to Cyprus early Tuesday morning and our eldest daughter, Kelly, gets married the following Monday. It all seems very surreal at the moment. We started our packing last night, but I still can't get that excited feeling, as I don't believe it is happening. I guess it will hit me once we arrive at the ariport. A mini bus is picking us up from home at 3 am - yawn yawn :heehee: I finished work on Friday and will have 20 days off in total - now THAT is a great feeling after an extremely stressful last week in work.

There will be 30 of us out there for the actual wedding, so hopefully there will be a lot of fun, sun and laughter. Full report and pics when we return. :angel: for safe flights.
 
Have a wonderful time Kathy. What a year you have had.
Brilliant news about your knee. Enjoy the wedding and the lovely break.
I will look forward to the photos and hearing all about it,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :dancy: :happydance:
 
Wishing you a fabulous time Kathy :) Many congratulations to Kelly & her husband to be! Can't wait to see the pictures! Another day, another wedding & no doubt ANOTHER NEW OUTFIT for KATHY :) xx
 
I am doing well thank you Kathy, ongoing recovery from knee one and recovering from knee two. :happydance: :thumb:
Looking forward to a nice holiday once I can fly again.
Hugs Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Wow wow wow. Nice to hear from you Kathy. So exciting to hear about Kelly's wedding. I'm sure you are going to have a fantastic time. Good news about the knee too. All of us went thru this op for a better quality of life and that's exactly what you described. Me too. I don't bother measuring the ROM any more. It dosent mean anything. As you say coming down the stairs with confidence is one of the last things to come. But apart from that....... Have a brilliant time, I'm sure you and your daughter will look beautiful. So get jiggy with it. Have an awesome time. And lots of photos to show us what a good time you all had. Hugs x x x x
 
Great to hear from you Kathy! What a positive report on the knee. It's such a nice feeling that it doesn't really matter what your numbers are, you are doing what you want to do, that's what's important!

Another wedding, wow, you must be a bit overwhelmed, 2 in one year! Congrats and enjoy your long holiday. I could sure use 20 days away from work, that would be fantastic! I can't wait for the pictures and the outfits, I'm sure it will be lovely!

Congrats and prayers for safe travels! We will be waiting for you upon your return!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Aw Kathy, it's so nice to hear that you are doing well! Have a great time at your daughters wedding, and have a great time in Cyprus! Enjoy your 20 days off, you will need it when your daughter is married and you get to soak it all in! A very delicate time for sure! Can't wait to see the pictures. :)
 
Hi Kathy!

I hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding and on vacation!

But....where are the pictures? You always have such wonderful outfits, it's fun to see!

Post when you can and be well as always,

Dawn
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom