TKR KathyH New Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
O Kathy what great news. Firstly the news about your SIL. So pleased for her. And you getting a good sleep as well. Brilliant. I slept from one oclock to half seven which is brilliant for me. :flwrysmile:
 
Great news about your SIL!
I forgot the expression" to spend a penny". Is that how much it costs? :loll:
 
:heehee:Randi, I haven't used a public convenience for a long time, but I suspect it costs rather more than a penny these days. I think the last time I used one it was something like 5 or 10.

I remember on our honeymoon, we travelled by train to Spain (I was too scared to fly in those days - still am, but make myself now). We stopped in Paris to change trains and I went to spend a penny. The cost was 10 francs, which was the equivalent to £1 in those days (and worth a lot more than now) :yikes: I decided to hold it until we got on the next train :heehee:
 
Last time I used a public loo it was 20p, except there is a posh one on Oxford St London cost a pound, aptly named WC1!
 
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee
Now, that's funny, Becky!
 
Nancy, at £1 that's taking the p****:rotfl:

Have to say this past week my knee has felt better than it's done in a way long time. I am now walking sooooo much better and there's only just a tiny bit of stiffness. So happy with it, may it continue :angel:
 
Isn't it great when it starts feeling better? I guess it just takes time...a lot...of time.
 
Had a rest from my exercise bike for one reason or another this past week (was doing 15 minutes x 3 times a day) and I must say my knee has felt really good. However, I didn't put that down to not doing the bike.

Thought I would start up again slowly (have also been pigging out the last few days, so back to counting points) and biked for 15 minutes last night. Well, today my knee is stiffer than it has been for a while. Can this be due to the exercise bike? My PT said the bike would be good for me as it lubricates the knee and gets the fluid around it going. Now I'm beginning to wonder. I do really want to keep at the bike for fitness sake. What to do?
 
Hi Kathy,

I think the bike is a good thing for the knee, and it does help with keeping your motion smooth. It might just be that the little break you took from it means you need to ease back into it more slowly. Also, you may still get swelling even now, since the MUA wasn't that long ago. Perhaps try icing and elevating to see if that helps.

I used to love riding the bike because it was something I could do while I read or watched tv, seemed like it was a good use of time in many ways. I need to get back into my routine of riding in the morning while I do my Internet surfing, instead of sitting in my recliner with my feet up drinking coffee!

I'm not sure there is any wisdom in my post, but maybe it will help...

Be well,

Dawn
 
My knee gets sore when I exercise it with the bike or otherwise. If I don't exercise the knee starts feeling really good. So it is tempting to not exercise. I think we're still early days and it's going to be more sore if we use it. But we have to use it and build strength. My PT friend said that the bike is the single best thing you can do for your knee. So as long as you're not overdoing it youre probably okay. You might consider lowering the resistance or shortening the time a bit until you get stronger. I started back last week and at first it was sore but now it is less sore. Good luck!
 
I won't lie, I don't miss PT at all. It always made me feel worse. I will tell you I am at almost 6 mos out now, and while my new knee is not perfectly straight or super bend, but what I do have is functional and really doesn't hurt anymore. Gets a little stiff after walking alot, but nothing that a little rest doesn't help.
 
...I'm so trying NOT to be envious of your lovely, long nights sleep..... :gaah:
Isn't it always the way though that after that you feel more tired than usual!
Brilliant news about your SIL! What a relief for all the family :)
 
Kathy you are doing great! I think when you started back up on the bike after a weeks break, your knee said "What!:yikes: , I though we were done with this, now I have to work again?:skep: , what the heck I was just starting to relax:yawn: , now look I'm going to be all achy again for a while!:beg: I know that's what mine still say when I stop for a while and then restart! Them little rascals are still the boss of us!:scratch:
 
:heehee:Jacky, our knees are little b*ggers, aren't they. Won't be dictated to at all. Okay, knee is boss, I'll listen to ya :heehee:

Mutley, I seem to be sleeping better, but it is still hit and miss. I didn't sleep well last night as I had things on my mind - pleasant things, I hasten to add. I am arranging my daughter's hen do. There are 18 of us and we are going to Edinburgh, Scotland for two nights at the end of July. Have just booked the flights and hotel. Mammoth task getting people to commit before anything can be booked. But done now and really excited. Love girly times :dancy:

Nancy :heehee: I'm basically lazy too and seem to have got worse since my four and a half month stint at home.

Gail, you and I have had a slow recovery, but we have turned that magical corner now.

Randi, I have turned the bike down to the lowest resistance, but will shorten the time down to five minutes once a day and then gradually build up the time again. Will wait until my knee has stopped nagging me :heehee:

Dawn, there is wisdom in all your posts. Always sensible, supportive and comforting :flwrysmile:
 
I love Edinburgh speccybecky, We went there with our two friends for a long weekend a couple of years ago and always wanted an excuse to go back. We had been to Dublin the year before and I found that city grey and dismal and would never go back (sorry to any Irish friends on here).

We did the open bus ride and visited Edinburgh Castle - rather disappointing to us girls, but the hubbies loved it. Unlike Holyrood Palace, which was lovely. As was the royal yacht Britannia - fascinating. We also toured the original underground city. Wow, so full of fascinating history. How they built the current city on top is beyond me!

We'll only be in Edinburgh from Friday 26 until Sunday 28 July and so, disappointingly I won't be able to visit you. But if you find yourself in the city, shopping or something, let me know and perhaps we can grap a coffee and a natter together. I'll pm you my mobile number.
 
Hi Kathy just wondering how you went with the physio today. Hope all went well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom