Guest viewing is limited

TKR KathyH New Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya Kath,
Im sorry that I haven't been on for so long. I have missed your surgery and MUA :gaah: Poor you. I have just felt so bad myself I didn't want to come on and make everyone sad with my tales of woe. Im 6 months past my op and I am still getting loads of pain :what: I can't believe it takes so long. Thanks for your comment on my thread I will try and get on here more often again. Went for acupuncture tonight but sciatica still really evident in bottom of left foot. I just want all this **** to stop soon. xxxx Lynne
 
Anfield Lindy oh no need to apologise for anything. Just come on here whenever is convenient for you.

I am a lot better since my MUA and glad I had the procedure and actually it was quite a doddle really - plus an overnight stay in hospital getting waited on hand and foot with regular meals and coffee and excellent nursing staff and ward colleagues :heehee:

Yes, we have all learnt since our ops that this is a long and slow recovery. We have to remember that it takes at least one year to be anywhere near normal, so you and I both have a way to go yet. Sorry to hear the acupuncture didn't help your sciatica that well. :umm:

Don't be afraid to come on here when you are feeling down either, as I said, peeps on here will lift your spirits considerably :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Kathy. How is your ROM since the MUA. Its a bit annoying not getting it measured now Im not having physio (not like there was a lot) so even though Im exercising and riding the bike Im not sure how much mine has improved. I supose it looks a bit better than it was but would be good to now how much. Glad youre feeling better. How are you coping with work. I really couldnt imagine coping with work at the moment. I went for a walk in the town yesterday without my cane because I thought I was walking much better. Regretted it on the way back tho. Just about made it to the car. Im so looking forward to a shopping trip with my daughters to Liverpool but think it will be a while yet. And still going up and down stairs one step at a time. So annoying. But like you say long recovery. Be paitent. But sometimes it does get to you dosent it. Take care. x
 
Hiya robynhood my ROM has improved from 70 to 95 since the MUA. Still a long way to go with it, but am happy with the improvement. Just need to keep working on it - even sometimes I feel like I will never get any further :umm:

I am feeling much more positive nowadays. Although in the end I really didn't want to come back to work, it's not been half as bad as I was dreading. The knee holds up well, so long as I get up from the desk regularly to take a stroll up the corridor, otherwise it tends to stiffen. I work with a lovely bunch of girls/ladies and so it is good to be back in company and having grown up conversations and laughs.

I go up the stairs as normal, albeit with concentration and a bit of a hike up. I can come down them, but I only do that when there is no one else about, as I have to do it very slowly and with a lot of effort. Who would have thought at my age I would have to start learning to walk and go up and down stairs again at my age :heehee:

Still walking with a slight limp (not as bad as I was pre-op) and concentrate on every step trying to do the heel to toe thingy with a kick of the leg. I can walk a distance without any pain, but it is such an effort trying to do it properly, that I don't bother at this stage, unless I have to. I took a walk to the shops the other lunchtime with my friend, just to see how I would get on. I couldn't wait to get back (just like you) because it was such an effort and I imagined everybody was looking at me (they probably didn't even notice me :heehee: ). Yes, I know I shouldn't care about strangers, but I am very self-conscious. Wish I didn't give a darn :whistle:

Yes, it is all so annoying and frustrating and does get to you. Just part of the process, I'm afraid. I suppose we should be grateful for small mercies :bow: But on the whole, are you doing okay, Pat?

Have you got your laptop fixed yet?
 
Glad you're doing okay, Kathy. It's that old thing about being patient again, isn't it?
 
In Michigan today.
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee
 
Please keep in Michigan had enough over here and forcast for more monday.
 
Hi Kathy,

It's good to hear you feel the MUA was worth it. I had hoped you would get a jump start on rom and it appears its helped. Keep on working through it. I know it's still frustrating to be limited in what you can do, but that will get better with time.

Keep us posted and stay positive my friend!

Cheers,

Dawn
 
Hi Kathy. Hopefully get my laptop back today. You do seem to be doing really well. So pleased with your progress. Ive tried the stairs thing cos we both had left knee done didnt we but just cant do it yet. Coming down seems even worse. I tend to go out without my cane because as you say you think everyone is looking but im sure they arent. It just needs a little bit more confidence on my part. I dont seem to walk with a limp. I concentrate on the heel toe thing and it seems to be working. Sometimes sitting in everyday I do wish I could go out to work now my daughter is back in uni. Its her final year so shes not coming home as much so it does get lonely sometimes. My youngest daughter Laura has her first boyfriend so we hardly see her. Its work and out. But Im probably feeling sorry for myself and it will be better when the weather is warmer and I will try and get out and about more. Meanwhile I will keep on practising on those stairs and let you know my progress. TakeCare x:flwrysmile:
 
That's okay, Shelly, it's a lovely picture :flwrysmile:

Josephine, this TKR malarky is so very much about patience patience patience :thumb:

I will do, Dawn :thumb:

Pat, I can imagine how lonely it must be for you sometimes, with both your girls away from home more. Aaah, Laura all loved up - love's young dream. Would love my youngest, Katrina, to meet a nice young man. She was with someone for 18 months and they were planning a future together, but then things started to go wrong and they argued a lot and she got dumped last October. A very very upsetting time for her and for me to see her like it. He is now playing the field, as they say and she is now beginning to get over him, thank heavens. That was a very bad time for me, seeing her coming home from work each night, just crying, not eating and me feeling blue about my knee. Oooh what dark days they were and so so glad they are gone - good riddance!

This weather certainly doesn't help our moods - grey, damp and miserable. Roll on spring and let's hope we have a drier summer than last year.

I was signed off from my local physio yesterday morning. The last couple of weeks I have started at 90 and finished at 95. Yesterday my knee felt real good and I started off at 95. She and I were well pleased. I have started to walk more normal now, not limping half so much and that helps the old confidence a great deal.

One of the things she told me to do, which has helped, is when sitting down on a chair - please both feet near the chair and try and sit as close to the edge of the chair as you can with your help well down. I now find I am doing it without thinking too much.

Yes, keep practising the stairs - it will come to us all.

Chin up, Pat - spring is just around the corner :flwrysmile:
 
:SUNsmile: Kathy so pleased you have done so well with your physio and you have been signed off. I know how you struggled before your MUA. Your ROM is certainly good now. Well done. And thank you for your nice comments. When youre feeling a little down it is nice when people say nice things and make you smile. Dont go overdoing it at work now. Take care :SUNsmile:
 
Kathy, I have encorporated the "chair thing" into my life---I always sit like that now. It does annoy some folks that you sit on the last six inches of the chair, but, oh well.
 
It can annoy someone when the chair sticks out behind and makes passing behind the chair difficult or impossible. My husband tends to do this and I have to ask him to pull his chair up so I can get by, or he blocks someone in at a restaurant. But otherwise, who cares? What would this be, private chair invading public space? Such controversy! Lol!
 
Kathy, I'm so happy to hear you are doing so well!:thumb: I know what you mean about dark days, my daughter was in the middle of her divorce around the time I got my BTKR and it was so sad to talk to hear her crying on phone, it just breaks your heart to see your kids go through such pain! She met someone new now and I can hear the happiness in her voice again! I'm sure your daughter will find someone that she'll be happy with again!

I am so glad your knee is being nice to you my dear!

Stay well, spring is almost here and we can all go out and play!:friends:
 
Aaah, it's lovely to hear your daughter met someone new and I hope she is now happy, Jacky. I'm sure Katrina's time will come. At the moment she is enjoying a new job and going out with her friends.

Yes, my knee just all of a sudden is being extremely kind (she says touching lots of wood) and that big black cloud has finally gone, blown right away into oblivion, never to be seen or heard of again :heehee:

:happydance:Yes spring, come come come :heehee:
 
Love it Kathy!! My first smile of the day courtesy of you! It's wonderful that you are finally having good days and a well behaved knee!! I wish you all good things!

Be well my friend,

Dawn
 
After only managing literally 45 minutes sleep on Tuesday night, I was rather nervous about going to bed last night, thinking I may be suffering from insomnia - something that has NEVER touched me in my life before.

I was on the computer last night and the internet went down around 9:30 pm, so thought I would watch telly in bed for a few minutes until it came back on. Well, I remember nothing from then on it. I vaguely remember Ray bringing me in a cup of tea at some point, which was left undrunk (is there a word?) and getting up to spend a penny with my eyes shut at around 2:00 am. Next thing, my alarm was going off and I didn't even know what the noise was :heehee: To say I slept well is an understatement. It was like I had been on the drink all night :heehee:

Funny though, I felt more tired this morning than I did yesterday. Guess it takes a couple of days to catch up on you.

On a different note - just had some wonderful news - one of my SILS (my BIL's wife) has just been declared officially in remission after suffering from Hodgkins Lymphona :happydance: :dancy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom