TKR KathyH New Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kathy I am so glad to see your post. To me that is awesome to get to 95 ROM. Last week mine was only 75 . I have been pushing myself to much so that my knee just complains, stiffens up and my ROM doesn't improve. So this week I am resting my knee more and I am hoping for a better result with this weeks PT session
Congrats
Suziepi
 
Kathy!! Congrats, great news! I know that's a minor miracle compared to what you had before the MUA, way to go! Whatever you are doing seems to be working, so keep up the good work!

Have a nice glass of wine and celebrate! Soon you will be in the triple digits!!

Stay in touch and be well,

Dawn
 
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee
SNAILS ROCK!!!!! and they eventually get where they're going and so will you. It does just get BETTER & BETTER even if it is happening slowly slowly.
 
Thanks all for your continued encouragement.

Suziepi, please don't be discouraged with your 75. Do you know what bend they got you during your MUA? They bent mine to 90 (mostly other peeps say they are bent to 100 and something, so didn't think this was enough at the time). It took me a good while to reach 90 by myself. My surgeon even mentioned having a second MUA at the time, though I don't think that will be necessary now, so long as there is continued progress, albeit slow. It definitely sounds like you have been overdoing the exercises and we all know that doesn't help. Just ease up a little and/or do the exercises a bit more gently. Hopefully, you will then see progress too and we can both be snails together :heehee:

Judy, never could stand snails, but I see they are good creatures now :heehee:
 
Thank you KathyH for the encouragement.
It's hard for me to be a snail, but this op has taught me one big lesson. My knee is in charge and it doesn't like the hares pace. It's great to have a fellow snails :yay:
 
Thanks all for your continued encouragement.

Suziepi, please don't be discouraged with your 75. Do you know what bend they got you during your MUA? They bent mine to 90 (mostly other peeps say they are bent to 100 and something, so didn't think this was enough at the time).

Hi KathyH
I forgot to add that my OS got my ROM to 120 during the MUA. But I haven't seen that since. I will be really happy when I see that! I not sure of its significance though Just that it should be much like the other knee.

Suzie
 
Wooo, my thread was way down. Always a sign, I think, that when someone doesn't post on their own thread so regularly, they are doing well.

At physio yesterday, I hadn't improved on the previous week's 95 and felt more stiff. She really wants me to improve my walking and installed in me the need to kick my knee up when taking a step with the operated leg. By the time I got to work the knee had loosened nicely and I really felt that my walking had improved during the day, by kicking my leg up more. It's all a matter of practice, isn't it, after walking with a limp for so long.

So many people ask me now if I am glad I had the TKR and I can honestly say I reply with no hesitancy that I am glad I did it. If I hadn't, I would still be walking with a bad limp and afraid to bend my knee at all in case it locked.

Go up stairs okay and I am now managing to go down the stairs normally, but have to do it real slow - it's a confidence thing - and only do it when there's no one around, for the time being. Slow but sure :yay:
 
Sounds like you are doing well! We both are just doing this a bit slower, but we are doing it. I can go upstairs no problem, but still have a little issue on going down. I throw my leg out sorta when going down. I also when walking around the house will do that little leg lift too. But....I am finding I am doing better without the PT. But now have to call for appt for PT for my hips and low back. Hugs!
 
Kathy, you are moving along very nicely my dear, and by the way snails are very good with a lot of butter and garlic! :heehee:

I still am very cautious on the stair, bad habits are hard to break :skep:, I do pretty good going down albeit slow, but going up I still catch myself going one step at a time (right) and to the side if I don't concentrate really hard! I suppose I'll get there some day and do it right without thinking about it! And, I'm sure you will too, in due time my friend! :friends:
 
Going down stairs i usually have to remind myself to use both legs after 2 step maybe it is habit ,going down hills not the best for me but getting there and living on hill get plenty of practice.I love snails in garlic and muscles but go over top according to some on garlic.
 
Yes, Jacky and Richard, habits are hard to break, but we will all break them one day soon.

Mmmmm, mussels in garlic and butter *mouth watering now* :heehee: Couldn't bear to eat one of my fellow snails - that would be wrong :loll:
 
Nice report Kathy! It is a reminder that we all must pay attention to our knees and give them a stretch each day to maintain and keep gaining function back.

Stairs will keep getting better, though I too pause a moment and get my burp earrings before stepping down, especially my basement stairs.

Keep up the good work!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Great to hear your ROM is still good Kathy!
Yes my Physio encourages me to walk without the limp. But I limp when the leg is tired. She wants me to walk for fitness. So I take a hiking stick to help me get down the hills and to give the leg a bit support. That way I can walk for a longer time and I don't limp.
I am starting to feel a lot better for the walks even though my ROM still sucks.
Good luck
 
Have to say your no snail,and my knee feels great after exercising in pool my rom is better and kneeling in pool is easier than on floor.
 
Yes, Jacky and Richard, habits are hard to break, but we will all break them one day soon.

Mmmmm, mussels in garlic and butter *mouth watering now* :heehee: Couldn't bear to eat one of my fellow snails - that would be wrong :loll:

:rotfl: Yeah Kathy, I guess it would feel wrong to eat a snail! :heehee:
 
Down to being a tea and coffee boy today wife is on way home from babysitting still just got on M25,having new roof on house roofers drink a lot, manage to go up ladders for a look I have a great view from house but up on scaffold even better but came down quick ex miners prefer going down,knee a bit wobbly on ladders or maybe just me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom