Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
@icp707 I took your advice and ordered a wedge for elevation. At night, my wife had this giant wedge for reading which works well for nighttime elevation.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@jojilla cute animals! Tell them thanks for me!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I'm getting a bout of cabin fever. I just want to run around the house and fly up and down steps then run around the block. I hope this passes before I hurt myself! :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Patience is the hardest part if this recovery. Are you able to take very short walks outside? My PT loved taking me out for walks when we could. You do sound great though and soon will be zipping around!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
I finally got a bunch of 16 oz. Bottles to put in my polar cube. How can they freeze in there? (Only kidding)
I finally got used to using my wife's "reading wedge"to elevate my legs all night. Wonderful!
OS visit day. Wish me luck on driving! Might set a new record of He gives me the green light only 3 weeks out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Joz, I've limited myself so far to getting mail at the mailbox and hauling the trash bins to and from the curb. I've wanted to take a short walk for days now but we've had miserable weather. Perhaps today. I can't wait to zip again!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I'm getting a bout of cabin fever. I just want to run around the house and fly up and down steps then run around the block. I hope this passes before I hurt myself! :)
That is all part of the recovery gig! We get cabin fever and get antsy---staying in the house and staying sedentary takes its toll on us. I understand the problem with miserable weather---I have been rained out of three baseball games this week, and perhaps another one today.

These little trips and jaunts will help bring a small sense of normalcy that you crave.
 
@Hitech, thank you for the video! I think I'll try it when my fiancé gets home.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
As much as my body wanted to jet around yesterday, today it just wants to park. Even standing for a few minutes making eggs was a bit much. Yes knees. I hear and obey.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Love it!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Back from OS. I CAN DRIVE! 3 weeks in! Also did ultrasound and no clots! Woo hoo!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@JustJeff I probably could have driven physically at the three week mark, too, but I was still on the narcotic pain killers. That is also something to consider if you are still on them as they could make you drowsy or slow your reaction times.
 
Nope. . I'm off them, during the day at least. I take percocet at night to sleep through the annoying pain.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I'm worried about is my energy on a longer trip, so I'll take my time and just do little trips for food and PT.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Another milestone! I've been waiting for the rain to stop so I could take my first real walk around the block. I just came back! No pain!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
You are doing great, one thing I learned the hard way is , just because you can , doesnt mean you should. I too was driving by week 3 but again only one messly knee. And I remember my first walk to the supermarket. Doing too much too soon can and will create internal swelling. Thus slowing down your flexion. In hindsight I probably did too much too soon but im pretty competive and relatively young for the tkr spectrum . Im approaching 3 months and rode my bicycle about 30 miles and did pullup and pushups and situps at the park . Its 90 degrees here in the Bay Area. You will get there before you know it . Keep up the great work . Iceman
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom