Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
@icp707, here's the updated view of icing with the new wedge.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Jeff,
To like something in Tapatak, just touch the persons screen name and 4 choices pop up, one is Like, touch the like button and a little heart will appear at the bottom of the post.
 
Whoo hoo! Thanks! Why didn't I see that before?

Oh I know. .I was clicking on the photo not the name (doh)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Thank you sleenie! It is, of course, tough work. I feel that my legs are strapped up in rubber bands The knees wanted to move while I was watching tv last night,

I'm struggling to walk down steps normally. It's like slow motion, stretching every second, but I'm noticing progress.

I think that's something to share. We all know it's a long road to recovery, but take the time to note all the myriad small accomplishments along the way and the road becomes much easier to travel, entertained by the billboards.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Going down steps is tough. I have never in my life gone down steps heel first. So glad I don't have to do steps everyday. I wish you the best.
 
I have a general question. Until the next time I get a blood test, how long do BTKR patients usually require Iron supplements for postop anemia?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
The question of what hardware came up on another J. I checked when I visited my OS. It's depuy. Here's a photo of it:
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Sheesh, @JustJeff , I just got the confidence to roll over on my bed for extension exercises. If I got on the floor, I'd have to set up camp there!
 
Since I wasn't on here yet when I was operated on on 4/9/14, here are some of my first posts from my Facebook page:

4/9 3:56pm
Out of surgery. Feeling great and all parts working!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
4/9 11:40 pm
I'm going for a midnight stroll tonight. They want me up.

Cindy: How romantic, will Linda be there?

Hell no. . I'll be with two nurses. One on each arm. Lol!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Diane: How is the pain? Do your knees feel different?

It was wonderful! I could've done laps around the floor. ... that is until my blood pressure nose dived. They said it's normal with an epidural. I didn't pass out and made it back to bed where it went normal quickly.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
4/9 6:25pm
Strangest hookah I've ever seen. (First selfie after surgery)
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I'm 2 days today shy of 4 weeks since surgery.
Today I went out to lunch, learned a new board game and went food shopping, zipping around in a motorized shopping cart.
30 minutes after I left home my Meds alarm came on telling me to take my Tylenol. Whoops, behind on Meds. All this word me out and she I got back home I was exhausted. My BP when I got back was 108/66. Very low for me. I wonder if all the weight I lost this past month could be causing me to cut down on BP Meds. Well see. One number isn't enough to draw a conclusion yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@JustJeff I monitor my blood pressure and after about a week at home I noted my blood pressure was really low, I mean scary low. I call my PCP's office and they took me off one of my blood pressure meds, but told me to continue to monitor it and if it got over 140/90 to resume my meds. Well, I did some research as I am inclined to do and it appears that low blood pressure is a possible side effect of the Hydrocodone I was taking. As I have cut back to one 10/325 tablet just before bed time my BP has been normal and I am back on all my meds. I don't recall what you are taking for pain besides Tylenol but it could be a side effect of the pain med
 
Hmm.. Just finished taking it after dinner and it was 133/72.. I'll have to keep on watching it. Thanks for the insight, Phil.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Another walk around the block with absolutely no problems! Full extension. No pain and no fatigue! I'm very happy!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Hi Jeff,
Great report!
My blood pressure has been low with the pain medications, I watch it, and will return to my HTN meds when my blood pressure is high enough. I took an alpha blocker one day after coming home and spent almost 3 hours in bed until it wore off :zzz:.
 
I'm only taking percocet at night, with only Tylenol, icing and elevation during the day. Do I'm not sure. I suppose all I can do is be observant for a while until I see a pattern. I am on blood pressure Meds but lost 20 lbs since surgery (minus the few I fell I put back on tonight with a small cup of ice cream that I just had to have!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@maryo52 That is what happened with my OS. He won't order the ice machine for the same reason. I had one with my arthroscopy and it was wonderful. (sorry if I am hi jacking a thread @JustJeff)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom