Guest viewing is limited

TKR June 30th 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
@martyz4 I don't see how leaving something in you that is causing pain can be a good thing. If it wasn't causing discomfort or pain that would be one thing. I guess they are leery about introducing bacteria to the knee with scopes and such! Hope the tenderness leaves your tummy!
 
I have no clue. I don't think there's a chance in hell this will scar over very quickly though lol! If I don't know what's causing it, it's difficult to prevent.

Hope you're husband is doing well and I hope you are taking good care of you too @tiredwife!
 
@martyz4 Well, if the issue doesn't resolve itself, make sure to yell at your OS! I know calcium on bone spurs can built up pretty quick. The human body is so odd.
Hubby is doing good, sore from PT. He is tight behind his knee so PT had him do a lot of stretching exercises. For the first time she had him lay on his stomach and hang his bottom leg off the bed. She said it was important to put a rolled up towel under the bottom of the thigh just above the knee. She said it was bad to do it with any pressure on the knee cap. I would be doing great if I could get over these allergies!
You have a great day!
 
@martyz4

Just stopping by to say hello and hope that you are experiencing less pain & discomfort.
It is such a stop- then go - then stop again recovery trip we are all on.

The laying on the bed with legs off is one of the hardest exercises for me, so glad that you find it relaxing.
I had to start it about 3 weeks pre- surgery, as my extension was about -15 pre- op.
At 5 weeks post op the hospital PT and my 1-1 PT added ankle weights to increase the stretch- :wowspring:
I find that Very challenging. Up to about a 5 pound weight, and suggested I also do it at home for 15 minutes at least twice a day.

Tend to do it first thing in the morning before getting out of bed and last thing at night. Find I need to take a mini- break after about 5 minutes. Although the PTs say it is more effective with a sustained 15 minute session.

Take care and thinking of you,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@tiredwife and @marmora, thank you so much for your continued support, it's so appreciated!! I am in the midst of getting back my stamina. it seems it has left me somewhere between and new knee and a bad stomach. I am feeling much better emotionally and the physically is coming along. I still have this clicking going on. A lot of quick pain when I lay on my right side. It goes away after the initial lay down on the right side. I can't help but think it's gravity. In my mind I have bits of bone moving and settling in somewhere. Silly? Who knows. It is weird it happens just when I lay down like that though.

My daughters baby shower is this Saturday and we have been busy. This is our first grandchild--it's a girl!!--so far!! She is 8 months and I can hardly believe we are going to be grandparents. I just want to be comfortable enough to get around ok at the shower. Going to be around 70 people there and I just pray the a/c works as it has been so hot here. It's being held in a clubhouse so fingers crossed they paid their bill lol!! My daughter is 30 years old and it's been that many years since we had a baby around here. My brother and sil and coming from Utah and they are staying in our motorhome. I had enough umph to change the sheets on the bed and clean so I must be getting better right!!

I wish you all continued support and prayers for a good recovery!!!
 
@martyz4 Glad you are starting to feel better! TKR is indeed a long recovery and so many people seem to have other issues that make it even harder or longer. Patience is really needed. My daughter was about the same age as your daughter when she had our grandson. He is our only grandchild and will be 4 in January. My daughter had a shower I threw her and a shower her mother in law threw her. She ended up with a ton of stuff! Hope your daughter's shower goes as well!
I don't think you have your age right on your profile? 97? :flabber:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@tiredwife Lol!! I don't know how I ended up with that age. I did fix it...I thought....I bet that little guy is spoiled!!! Went to Costco just now and came home. So hot out there not much energy and then that heat zaps what you do have. Hope your dh is doing well!!!
 
@martyz4 He is spoiled. He has 2 big rooms just for his toys at his house, and 2 big bins of toys at my house. He is really into action figures (ie. batman, etc ) and cars right now. He loves to be read to, and has ton of books.
I remember the California weather. We were stationed at Edwards AFB for a few years. It is getting cooler here, which I am grateful for! Hope it doesn't turn into winter too fast.
Hubby is doing pretty good, still some issues with the tendon behind his knee but it is getting better.
Rest and get some of your energy back!
 
@martyz4 please be careful about your stomach problems. Remember you don't want to have infections that could move to your knee. I had a diverticulitis abcess 2 years ago that resulted in a hospital stay for 1 week of IV antibiotics then a week home of antibiotics then a bowel resection and bladder repair week stay in hospital. If you have another flare up see your PCP ASAP and have it checked out. That is something to take seriously. Especially if it's pain you've not had before.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello @martyz4

Hope that the Baby Shower went well, great excitement to have a new baby in the family !

Hope that your discomfort with your stomach is easing.
Hard to have both knee and digestion problems at the same time, as both are energy draining.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@JTH @marmora @tiredwife Thanks so much. The stomach problem was gone by the time I took my 3rd dose of antibiotic. It was awful. Not sure what the heck it was for sure.

The shower was great. Lots of lovely friends and family and food. She got so many clothes. I really think we need to exchange some for other necessities. She is 33 weeks now so things are moving along well.

Hope this finds you all in good health and a speedy recovery!!!
 
@martyz4 So very glad your stomach problems ended! I always tell the people I buy baby gifts for to feel free to take it back and exchange it if they want. You never know what they need unless the register somewhere. With our grandson as soon as our daughter found out she was pregnant we would buy a big box of diapers every time we went to the grocery store. We would buy one size for about 3 or 4 boxes and then move up to the next size. For some reason people don't give many diapers at showers, so we got her well stocked, plus we bought the crib w/changing table, etc. etc. Babies can be so expensive. Our is so spoiled he doesn't need much else. (he is 4 in January), so we only get him a couple of things for birthdays and Christmases, and instead we started him a savings account that we add to.
 
@tiredwife we got tons of diapers, various sizes. They had a game, you bring diapers and get a number and get a $25 gift card if your number is drawn. Needless to say, tons of diapers.

Hows your dh doing? I am still clicking. Just have to wait and see. Hope you have a lovely day.
 
@martyz4 Hope the diapers aren't all the same size?:heehee:
Hubby doesn't hear clicking any more. His knee is a little sore because he drove yesterday and had PT today, but not doing too bad. Still taking some Norco! Seems like we have been on the go all day. PT, Picked up my meds, then got a call that his meds were ready. I'll be glad when we don't have to drive somewhere every day!

Hope you have been taking it easy today!
 
Wow, can't imagine getting the other knee done so soon after. It sounds like he's doing so well though. I am hanging in there. My brother and sil just left so we're cleaning the motorhome and getting it ready for us---one of these days!!!
 
@martyz4 His first knee was amazing, so little pain. Second is more like a normal healing. Still taking some pain meds. We love our camper.
 
@tiredwife one more thing I was curious about. My incision scar is still warm--not hot but warm. No redness or anything but definitely warm compared to my other knee. Is your dh's knee warm at all??
 
@martyz4 I know when I rub them at night they feel a little warm, but he has been under the quilt. They don't feel that warm otherwise. I believe others have said there's is still warm. As long as it isn't red, and isn't really painful it probably isn't anything to worry about. Just let your OS know your next visit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom