Guest viewing is limited

TKR June 30th 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
operation is January 16th. I am in the midst of medical clearance and pre-op stuff. All could have been avoided had I opted for an earlier date. Apparently anything within 6 months would have been a good idea but no one mentioned this to me. Then I wouldn't have had to do any of this over. Oh well....

Thanks for the well wishes, appreciate it!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@martyz4
I hope all will go smoothly for you Tomorrow :) Thinking of you :friends:Pleasee post
When you are able.
Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Thanks ladies! It is count down time. I asked the doctor with all the surgeries she does (she is very popular) has she seen anything close to this problem, she said, no darlin' you're unique! Not something I want to be unique about right!! I go to the hospital at 11:30, operation isn't till 3. Don't know why I have to be there so early? Oh well easier not to eat anything I guess. Will be back to let you all know the outcome. :beg:
 
The doctor had to make an incision on the side of my knee after scoping it. She found a big piece of my tibia cracked and just growing into my flesh! She has never seen this before. She said everyone in the operating room stuck their finger in the incision to check it out. She even apologized. Said it happened when she hammered the knee in place. She expected to see fragments of bone but not that. Also it would have continued to get worse because it wasn't allowing it to heal properly. Oh so glad it's over. Hope it feels normal soon. Thanks for all the good wishes.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@martyz4
Oh, My... I am sure a cracked tibia would be so painful. You must of been shocked.
Are you in a cast & immobile ? For how long ? I am wishing you continued success &
Recovery for this problem :friends:Couldn't they tell from an X-Ray it was broken ?
I will check in on you more often, I am sorry this happened to you.
Thinking of you,
Love, Diana :loveshwr:
 
@new knee in June, actually I am walking around unaided in the house. Not too painful. I am only taking 1 Percocet 5-325 a day. Trying hard to keep it this way, don't want that yucky feeling I get from these pain pills. Not sure how bad the crack was but she pulled the piece out and I am still walking lol!! Just hope that it feels better when it heals. Thank you so much for the well wishes Diana.
 
@martyz4
Wow, You sound really good :happydance:If your doctor took the bone out, I would hope you feel
Better. ( I hope we are talking about a sliver of bone ) I am glad you are not in much pain.
I know what you mean about the pain pills, but if you need them take them. I would break
Mine in half. Are those your puppies in your Avatar ? They sure are cute :doggie:
Please keep us updated,
Thinking of you & wishing you a speedy recovery :friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@new knee in June, yes Diana they are our pups. We also have a 15 year old pom K.C. who isn't in the picture. Turbo and Maddie are yorkies, both so different from one another. Taking one day at a time for now. Keeping the leg up. How are you feeling?
 
Martyz4,
Glad they found out what was going on with your implant and tibia, sounds painful. Wishing you an uneventful recovery from here on in.
 
@pumpkin thank you so much. Hanging in there. Hope you are doing well too. Went to Target yesterday and they had no scooters so I had to walk around with a cart. Ended up with a swollen ankle. Feel a bit off today too.
 
@martyz4
I am happy you are able to be Out & About :) Get some ice on that ankle, Sorry
It's bothering you. We have to stay on topic on this Forum....When is your grandchild
Due ? I have a rescue Lab, Husky, His name is Koda. He is a 100 lb. baby :dogwalk: Back on
Topic, I hope your leg is feeling better everyday.
Thinking of you :friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
@martyz4 glad you are getting around. My ankles have bothered me off and on since my tkrs which I am not sure why, but my os said it is part of the recovery. like new knee in june said ice and elevate, it sure does help
 
I am following all the doctors orders. I really don't care for the fact that we have to stay on topic. Can't we just have a chat about us in our lives and how we deal with this BIG change within our lives, isn't this a part of our recovery, isn't this why we are here???

I am off pain meds, took possible 4 or 5ish since the operation. I just think that the anesthesia takes a lot more out of us than we realize. I have much more tolerance to this surgery since my TKR was only 6 months ago, so in comparison....I do have staples---YUCK! and stitches. I see the doc on the 29th where the GULP! staples will come out.

I have not gotten this saran wrap thingie down to where your leg keeps dry in the shower and it has to be kept dry until the 29th...

thank you guys for the wells wishes and I do hope you are doing well too.
 
I think you all are misinterpreting the "off topic" guidance we recently put in place. It is fine to have short social discussions along with a member's updates on recovery progress. What we are trying to avoid is having pages of nothing but social posts or posts that are just a few meaningless words or images....totally unrelated to the OP's (originating poster's) thread subject. I read through this entire thread and found nothing that is out of line with our "off topic" guidance.
 
@martyz4 I had fun trying to use the wrap thingy I had and finally got filed in the garbage can.Only a few more days and then staples will come out. The staples really are not too bad when they come out. A few might pinch a little when come out but its over so fast you don't have time to think about it. I always try to remember take a day at a time. even now times I Ha well overdue--I used to be called the overdo queen, lol :heehee::loll:
 
@Legin, hang in there!!! Had a visit with the doctor today and she thinks things are looking great. She said the piece of bone was at the back and hidden by the cement and implant so it didn't show up on the xray. I do need to get to PT after this cold subsides, I'm on my 3rd week!! I can bend to 100 or 105 she said which is good but I can do better.
 
Im a hanging so much might change name to Batpillock. Dont push it tho

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom