Guest viewing is limited

TKR June 30th 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is a good feeling when you don't need the narcotics anymore. I have to wonder if there are multiple things going on with the sleeplessness--pain meds, the surgery itself which must disrupt your system in some ways and then even some low level pain even when it's pretty well controlled. :scratch:
 
Funny, I had that chilly-cold feeling tonight. Can this stuff still be in my system? It's been since Monday the 18th at 1pm. Seems like it should be well out by now. Took a couple of Tylenol, we'll see.
 
@martyz4

Hi, not sure where you live, I know here in Dublin the temperature has dropped significantly in the last few days & getting very Autumnal .
Feeling cold and as I can't be as active as I'd like due to the LTKR (17 July 2014), find I'm cold all the time now and dressing warmer and even enjoying wearing my TED stocking as they keep me warm .

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@martyz4 I get that in the morning sometimes its like can't get warm I did not know maybe it the healing of our surgery I also have RA I am on very little pain pills I mainly will take when overdue. Plus back here the weather has been unusually cooler never really had much of a summer Hope you feel better soon
 
Thanks ladies!! I live in Southern California and the air is going 24/7 lol!! It's a different feeling than just cold. It's like you were getting sick or coming down with something, but you aren't. I took a couple of tylenol and that seemed to help. I slept well last night.

You both are still early too so all the best in your recoveries. @madinana I see you have signed up for another one in October, yikes. God Bless you darlin!!!
 
@martyz4 A lot of people get the chills. I really can't figure out why. Maybe I will do some research. Hubby is going through it again with this knee! Glad you slept well last night. Take care of yourself.
 
Just reading this.....
How long until hydrocodone withdrawal starts?
Once you have decided to stop taking hydrocodone, withdrawal symptoms can start as early as a few hours after the effect of hydrocodone has worn off. The most common symptoms of withdrawal from hydrocodone include:

  • cold sweat and chills
  • diarrhea
  • drug craving
  • irritability
  • sleep disturbances
  • mental swings

https://prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/how-long-does-hydrocodone-withdrawal-last/

Diagnostic criteria for opioid withdrawal includes having three or more of the following symptoms present:

  • diarrhea-YES
  • dilated pupils-NO
  • dysphoric (negative mood)-YES
  • fever-NO
  • goosebumps-YES
  • insomnia-YES
  • muscle aches-not sure
  • nausea-Little
  • negative mood-YES
  • runny nose-YES
  • sweating-YES
  • vomiting-NO
  • watery eyes-NO
  • yawning-YES
https://prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/how-to-stop-taking-oxycodone/


This pretty much is me. However no cravings and my mental abilities are pretty intact so far... I did have to ask my family!!! :happydance:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
On a side note. I only took the Percocet-5-325 and 7-325, every 4-6 hours as prescribed and switched to Norco-5-325 at the end every 4-6 hours. So I was on these medications for 49 days. My last TKR I do not remember having any issues with this?? I guess my system has changed, not sure.
 
@martyz4 He is okay if he leaves the thermostat alone!:heehee: He had them with the first knee too and they passed after he got off the Percocet, so I know he will probably do the same with this knee.
 
Had physical therapy today. Thinks went well. No Tylenol-nothing. Bit tender but did the bike full circle and did all the rest with no problems. My PT did the manipulations and said I am doing really good. It's 8 days since my last pain pill. Don't feel as bad. Still running to the bathroom a little-but that isn't too unusual for me. Runny nose, just annoying, good appetite not there yet. I am drinking 2% milk for my regular meds. Well that's about it. I hope you guys are all doing well.
 
@martyz4 Hope the runny nose is just allergies and not you getting sick! Sounds like PT went good. Don't forget to elevate after PT to keep the swelling down. (man, I'm beginning to sound like a mother hen!) Take care of yourself and get a good nights sleep!
 
@martyz4
June 30th LTKR to a PT session without pain meds and 8 days without pain meds !
As @tiredwife recommends, I also find that sometimes I don't need pain meds after an activity or between my scheduled meds. The :ice: :chillpill: :ice: seem to get me through without pain meds.
I am finding that the ice really helps to decrease my pain.

Take care and have a great day.
I have my Group Post-TKR PT session this afternoon, last week it was so much fun doing the exercise in a 5 minute circuit, lots of laughs and the hour flew by and no pain t the end of the session was a bonus.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@tiredwife, runny nose is due to the operation-pain meds. It was one of the symptoms of stopping pain medications. Been like this for a while, not too bad though. I haven't had any swelling (fingers crossed) in a long time. I went to SamsClub after therapy and still fine. I slept great.

I will say though, I took a bag of ice to go after therapy and stuck it on my knee in the car and didn't put anything under it, it hurt, :bignono: I can see it a bit red today. Won't do that again!! :no-fin:
 
@martyz4
Hope that the IT band loosens up for you.
Have heard of In-N-Out burgers on US television shows.
Will have to try one, when I visit the states again.

Cathie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom