TKR June 30th 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning @martyz4

My LTKR was on 17 July 2014 and as of today 27 September 2014, my left knee is still warmer than my right
on-operated knee.

Think that this is very common, lots of healing is still taking place.

But, as we are all different as @tiredwife recommends mention it to your OS at your next visit.
I am seeing my OS this coming Thursday and will let you know what he has to say about my "warm knee" .

Take care and have a good weekend,
Cathie
 
Popping on to say hello and to let you know that my knee is still warm too. My surgery was a couple of weeks earlier than yours and my doctor said it's normal ( at my 12 week post op). It has been cooling a little more in the last couple of weeks, so now it's closer to my scar as compared to my whole knee. I use it as an excuse to still ice daily.
 
Another visit to my ortho doc this afternoon. Seems as though I have a problem. That clicking and catching hasn't gone away and she aske me to see her partner for a second opinion. I go back next Monday to see Dr. Patel. I had more xrays done today. She is a bit baffled as to exactly what it going on. She still thinks it's bone fragments stuck in there. She said I should probably be aware I will be having out patient surgery in my near future. I am glad she isn't sweeping this under the table. She really cares about her patients.

Hope you are all doing well.
 
@martyz4 I had my left knee done on July 29, and it's still warmer to the touch than my right knee. I hadn't seen anyone mention this before and kind of wondered it it's normal, but based on several comments here it must be pretty common.
 
hello @martyz4

Good to hear that your doctor is recommending a second opinion from her colleague and is looking for a solution for your clicking.

Cathie

@ConnieJOS
My LTKR knee is still warmer to touch than the right knee & my surgery was 17 July 2014.
Could be useful with the winter weather coming in. :snow dig:
 
@martyz4 Of course you are down about this! Perfectly normal to feel that way! It will be better when they correct the problem and you can really start recovering!
 
@marmora and @tiredwife, Thank you so much for your support. You have no idea...well maybe you do huh...how nice it is to have feedback from you guys. I appreciate it so much.

My daughter is close to 36 weeks now and I sure hope to be able to be on my own two feet when she needs me. I am wondering if I should put off any surgery until after the baby at this point. Oh my the worries!!!

Well I am off for now. I keep you all in my prayers that healthy recoveries are in all our future!!
 
@martyz4 Talk to the surgeon to see what is expected for the recovery if you have surgery. That might give you a better idea about if you should put it off or not.
 
Hi ladies!! I went to my Os's partner today for that second opinion. He was very nice. I had a hard time getting my knee to crack, I knew this would be the case--weird. I sat back on the chair (from the table) and asked my dd to push down on it while I pushed up. Then when I bent it and straightened it, it finally did it. The doctor was writing up his stuff on the computer across the way and heard it and wheeled himself over to see if he could reproduce the noise, the knee did it again. Thank goodness!

He doesn't think it's bone fragments though. He thinks they may need to go back in and open the knee up. He doesn't feel they would see anything with arthroscopic surgery. He's thinking a tendon is getting caught. I am not sure what's going to happen from here but I will keep you informed. I would love to hear from anyone that has had problems like this before. I am not sure how to address others. Do I start a new thread or what?? How do I add update to my current posts.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness @martyz4 ! I am so sorry to hear this. I know you don't want another surgery! I hope they can find a less invasive way to resolve the problem. I don't have any advice, however. I don't know much about the possible complications we face. I can't believe the doctor wouldn't have a more definitive explanation and solution. Keep us posted as to what they, and you, decide.
 
Help @martyz4

The second opinion of going back and opening the knee, is a lot to think about and your recovery afterward, especially when your daughter is about 36/37 weeks and I'm sure that you want to be able to help her.

Keep us posted as to what is next for you,

Cathie
 
I got the impression that they would go in from the side. That "sort of" makes me feel better. I also couldn't face getting staples out again. Just the whole mess over again depresses me. I am finally starting to feel myself then this. I will wait and see and hope that they do have an answer to this. After all she is a very highly recommended surgeon and been around a long time. I can't imagine I am the first to have this cracking going on.

I sure appreciate coming in here and getting to share this with people that have been there done that, means so much to me. Thanks again. :loveshwr:

Hoping you are all coming along with your recovery.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@martyz4 Lots of people do have popping and crackling noises, but they aren't accompanied with pain. Hope your pain gets taken care of soon.
 
@martyz4 I can understand not wanting another surgery. And the staples would scare me too. Why do some people get staples? My OS never discussed it with me, I just came out with a piece of tape on it. It seems much less scary. My first one, they just let it come off by itself, but the next two they just peeled it off at my two week follow up, totally painlessly. Keep us posted, and I'm hoping they will find an easy, helpful solution for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom