TKR June 30th 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
@martyz4 If you swell you know you did too much, make sure you elevate and ice while you munch your cheeseburger and drink your shake! :)
 
Thanks ladies!! No swelling but really tired. I am beginning to think I am anemic again. Be going to my primary doc soon to check my blood. I did do way too much though. I have a tendency to try to do all I can and on the bike I ended up with nearly 4 miles in less than 10 minutes. More than I should have done.

I hope your dh is doing well tiredwife and you are doing good marmora!!!
 
@martyz4 Good thing you are going to get the anemia checked. Yep, you sound like you might have overdone it a bit.
Hubby is doing okay, won't know how his change from Percocet to Norco will do till the morning. Get some rest and ice and elevate.
 
Not been feeling good the last 3 days.
Knees healing fine. Got yet another problem. I woke up around 5ish in the morning with severe abdominal cramping. It came in waves and lasted for hours. Then the second day I went to the doctor and she put me on antibiotics, 2 different ones.
She said it could be my diverticulitis or gastritis--which I never had pain the likes of this. I took 2 antibiotics last night and the this morning I was in agony again. I am calling the doctor back to see how long it takes for the antibiotics to work. This is scary! Okay so doc says 4 doses before I may feel relief. If it gets worse go to the ER. Tomorrow morning if I am the same I will be at the ER. Maybe a CT scan or something, don't know. :scratch:
 
@martyz4

Feel so very sorry for you, hard enough to recover from your LTKR and possible anaemia.:swoon:
And now the diverticulitis or gastritis and the pain & agony it is causing you.

Hopefully, the antibiotics will begin to work and you will be able to avoid a trip to the ER.

Keeping you in my thoughts with warm wishes for you,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora, @tiredwife Thank you so very much!!! I sure appreciate the support from you guys. I got a call back from the doc and she said 4 doses. This morning after the 3 doses I did not wake up in agony. I feel like a big truck ran over my stomach though, very tender. I hardly slept thinking about this 5 am phenomena. This seems so strange to me that it happened at the same time 3 mornings in a row. Thank God this morning was good. Still don't know what caused it though. Doctor didn't know either but said I had enough to deal with and loaded me up on the antibiotics to cover anything lol!! I have 7 days of them 2x's a day. I am eating yogurt and consume. I still don't have much of an appetite.
 
@martyz4 Don't know why people often have other issues rear their heads while trying to recover from TKR. Maybe it's because the body is just so worn down. Glad you are eating yogurt to help with the side effects of antibiotics. You also need the protein to heal. Hope you are doing better? Take care of yourself!
 
@tiredwife thanks. I feel much better today, however I have the OS tomorrow and wanted to be at PT so she could measure me for the doctor. I guess I will just get measured next week and she can fax it to the doc. I canceled this week entirely.
 
@Josephine @tiredwife @marmora

I just deleted my whole post about my visit to the OS doctor yesterday. I will quickly repeat lol! She said the clicking knuckle cracking I am getting on the outside of my knee probably wasn't my IT band as my PT said. She took x rays and thinks it is bits of bone fragment stuck in the joint. She wants me to do very light therapy and don't do anything that makes it click so it can have a chance to scar over.

She also said she really doesn't want to go in there fishing around for them. I am upset at this but I do feel she could have brushed it under the table telling me it was my IT band and I needed to continue working on it. So my questions is has anyone ever heard of this sort of thing happening??
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@martyz4

Hope by now that the antibiotics have relieved the terrible abdominal,pain that you wee experiencing.

Your appointment with your OS today was very interesting.

I haven't had any friends that had a similar experience with bone fragments after a TKR..
I did have bone fragments after a serious fall 2 years ago and that was why I had an arthroscopy to flush them out, as my knee kept giving way.

Perhaps, Josephine or one of the other expert moderators will be along with more information on this for you.

Well at least your OS isn't in a hurry to bring you back for additional surgery and she was honest as to what was the cause of the clicking.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@martyz4 I kind of recall Josephine posting something about bone fragments to someone. Maybe you should tag her in and ask her.
 
@tiredwife Doing okay today thank you. The stomach issue has been good since the 3rd dose. It left me with a very tender tummy though. I did my last PT today just came back. Told her about the IT band and the bone fragments that the doc thinks it is. Just have to wait and see.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom