Guest viewing is limited

Journey started

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Janet I hope your results come back all clear, we are praying for you:prayer1:
 
Hi Janet - Hope everything is well and good!
 
Thanks all, I got a really nice call today from my gyn, but we are still waiting.

I opened up my cryo cuff just to take a look. I should try it out before I need it. Right now I have peas under my arm. :sigh:
 
Right now I have peas under my arm. :sigh:
You know Janet, if you really want to cook peas quickly, there is the microwave.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Couldn't resist a little pea humor.:th_heehee:
Hope you feel better!

 
Good sign Janet! Stay positive!:thumb: I can't wait to hear the final results, I feel like it's happening to me!:friends: Good luck, kiddo!
 
Nothing new, still waiting another day or two I suppose. I had a good session with the PT today. I have tendonitis or something going on in the back of my knee. She's been doing soft tissue work on it, trying to get a handle on it. Those niggly things.
 
Thanks Janet for the update! Gotta hate those niggly things in the back of the knee!:th_heehee:
 
My hunting and gathering continues. After spending the last week doing a trial run with my chair and footstool with risers, pillows and cushions, I gave up. I realized if I was struggling this much now, and am uncomfortable to boot, how would I possibly manage with both knees done? So I went out today and found a comfortable power lift chair that raises my knees above my hips. It is such a relief to know this is coming! I also have cryo cuffs on the way.

This will be the busiest week. Last minute catch up. In addition to 3 PT sessions, the pre-op physical and surgeon visit, I have my GYN, mammogram, dermatologist and dentist. Oh, and a nail appointment. Six months crammed into a week!:rolleyespink:

I am also having bilaterals in about 25 days. I thought I was getting prepared but not like you. Can you please tell me what cryo cuffs are?...and a power lift chair?.. Thank you :what:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Journey started


Cryo Cuff machines can be purchased on Amazon.com or through eBay. This is a "manual" unit. During operation you must lift the machine to allow cold water to drain down into the cuff periodically. Breg PolarCare makes a motorized unit that costs a bit more. Look around the internet if you're interested in the Breg Polar Care. Amazon does not have the best prices.
https://www.amazon.com/Aircast-Cryo-Cuff-System-Cooler/dp/B003XX3G20/?tag=ate362da-20











Power lift chairs recline and give you a power boost to stand. There are a lot of manufacturers....broken link removed: https://www.la-z-boy.com/product/7035-8736/Luxury-Lift-Power-Recliner/ is an excellent one.
 
Hi Janet,
Just checking in to see how you are doing? Sorry that the back of your knee is bothering you. I laughed out loud when I read Elisea's post about it being quicker to heat the peas in the microwave than under your arm. GOOD ONE, Elisea! Take care. Still praying for only good news.
 
Ok, a little sore, and getting a little nervous. The last two days were okay because I knew they wouldn't call. The next two days I'll be on pins and needles. I actually need them to call tomorrow so I have the most time possible to sort things out if need be. Thanks for checking on me!
 
I am also having bilaterals in about 25 days. I thought I was getting prepared but not like you. Can you please tell me what cryo cuffs are?...and a power lift chair?.. Thank you :what:

Nice pictures Jamie! DL, i feel like getting prepared and leaving no stone unturned calms me. Good thing I'm so prepared as a wrench was thrown into all of it. I had a breast biopsy on monday and am waiting for the results. I'm wondering what that means for my surgery. :hairpulling: Hope I come out of this kicking, literally!:dancy:
 
You're a fighter....I believe things are going to be just fine!!!
 
Awe Jamie what a picture, this will be on my mind until I create it and devour it! Enjoy Janet! This IS the feel good food!:console:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom