Journey started

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good thing that they want to be thorough, but I don't know what it is that makes them take the guilty until proven guilty approach. Do I postpone the surgery to get this done and it ends up being benign? Do I have the knee surgery, end up with cnacer and they say I should not have had the knee surgery if I have to go through treatment afterwards? Can I even do both?:hairpulling:
 
I wouldn't cancel the knee replacement surgery until you get closer to that date. It depends on how soon they can do the biopsy and get back to you with the results. After you get your biopsy date you might want to call your OS office and pass all this information by them and they may switch your surgery with someone who's not far down the line, say a week or two, this way the added stress of everything happening at once won't be so hard on you.
Let us know how it goes! I wish you the best my friend!:friends:
 
Jacky had an excellent suggestion. You do need to keep your surgeon informed as to what is going on. I know it would be awful to see your surgery dated moved out a bit, but you really do want to go into surgery with everything clear.
 
My hunting and gathering continues. After spending the last week doing a trial run with my chair and footstool with risers, pillows and cushions, I gave up. I realized if I was struggling this much now, and am uncomfortable to boot, how would I possibly manage with both knees done? So I went out today and found a comfortable power lift chair that raises my knees above my hips. It is such a relief to know this is coming! I also have cryo cuffs on the way.

This will be the busiest week. Last minute catch up. In addition to 3 PT sessions, the pre-op physical and surgeon visit, I have my GYN, mammogram, dermatologist and dentist. Oh, and a nail appointment. Six months crammed into a week!:rolleyespink:

I wouldn't cancel the knee replacement surgery until you get closer to that date. It depends on how soon they can do the biopsy and get back to you with the results. After you get your biopsy date you might want to call your OS office and pass all this information by them and they may switch your surgery with someone who's not far down the line, say a week or two, this way the added stress of everything happening at once won't be so hard on you.
Let us know how it goes! I wish you the best my friend!:friends:

I agree with calling the ortho surgeon and hearing his/her suggestions on how to move forward. So sorry about this!!!
 
I'm so glad that you got half good news. I have a good feeling that the surgical biopsy will bring you good news, too. Between the OS and the GS advice and information, you'll know what to do. I hope you have the surgical biopsy first thing next week. Praying for everything to be fine.
 
Six and a half hours of making, taking or waiting for phone calls got me an appointment With a surgeon for 10am Tuesday. I tried to get a hold of the OS surgical nurse, but I think everyone left early for the weekend. I left a detailed message with a request that she call me before 9am Tuesday. That's all for now!

My son is on his way home after a five month stint working across the state and is bringing with him two of the most amazing pizzas we've ever had! So we'll be heading over there soon. I hope everyone gets a good start to the weekend!
 
Hi Janet,

I just caught up with your thread. Sorry to hear about all this stress - you really didn't need this now before your BTKR! Wishing you'll get good news, and soon! And I hope the long weekend will pass quickly!

Hugs,
Bassplayer
 
Janet,
That's great news about the Tuesday morning appointment AND the pizza! Wishing you and everyone a FABULOUS holiday weekend!
 
Good for you, Janet, persistence paid off. Now don't think about anything this weekend except enjoying your family and those fabulous pizzas.
 
This biopsy stuff is so distracting from my knees and the knee surgery is so distracting from the breasts that they cancel each other out, leaving me without a care in the world! :hysterical:
 
Janet you are dealing with all of this whirlwind very well, good for you! We can only process so much and then we deal with it! I am so wishing you the best in all results! Stay positive my friend!:friends:
 
Great that you can keep a sense of humor about it! Keep hanging in there.
 
I haven't heard anything today, maybe tomorrow. I DO have something like hives going on however. A very red rash near the biopsy spot, and itching across my back and starting on my hips, legs, and hands. I talked to the biopsy nurse this morning, she had no idea and said to see if it went away. It's getting worse. I took a benedrill before bed last night. I would sure like to know what this means for my knee surgery. :scratch:

I think I may have found the problem. I got a list of everything used from the nurse. Lidocaine can cause a dermatitus and allergic reaction with rash and itching. It can have a delayed onset by a day or so. It can be prompted or increased by the use of Cipro. The delayed onset reaction can also lead to life threatening conditions. I have a rash and had itching, which started two days after the biopsy. I was taking Cipro, which I told them. The rash at the site remains, the itching across my back decreased a couple days after I finished the Cipro. I don't know what they can use for the incisional biopsy, or if they use lidocane for the knee surgery, to insert the epidural. There is much to understand here. The nurse had no idea what could have caused a rash. Can't they google this stuff?
 
Good morning, Janet!
I am so glad that you got to the bottom of your allergic reaction. I am going to crown you, "Janet the SUPER SLEUTH"! I'm so sure that your newfound allergy can now be addressed for all future procedures and surgeries.
Enjoy your family for the rest of this glorious long weekend, and know that we will all be with you in heart and prayers on Tuesday morning.:friends:
 
Janet, I have been following you posts and am so sorry to hear about your problems. I am in the same boat but not exactly. My TKR is schedluled June 5. Doc found lump in my mom's breast, it is not a cyst and he feels is suspicious. He is removing lump Tuesday. My problem is my mom is dependent on me. She does not drive, lives alone, ect. If it comes back positive I have a decison to make. My knee is done and gets worse by the day but I can still drive and if I use crutches I can get around. Guess I just have to wait to see what future brings.
I am sending you good thoughts and prayers. Wishing you the best and hope everything comes back good for you :-) Keep us updated.
 
Vicki,
I hope that you and your mom get some good news. Please let us know the results and your decision. We are here for you. :grouphug2:
 
Thanks Vicki! Timing just sucks, doesn't it? Perhaps you could send around a circle the wagons plea for support, explaining that you need to not cancel your knee surgery, but may need some help for your mom until you can drive again, which could be 4-6 weeks. Under the circumstances, i'll bet people would step up. So difficult to know what to do!
 
Janet, you will never guess what my husband wanted to buy ME this weekend.....the zero gravity chaise. I told him that he could get me one if he got himself one, too. So, we are now owners of 2 zero gravity chaises. Just our luck we'll both get stuck out at the pool and have to call the neighbors for help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom