Guest viewing is limited

Journey started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately life has a way of throwing surprises at us.:what: These d--m extra views they need for our mammon are a real nerve racking situation we can only pray that all is well and usually it is, but until we know we still worry! Please keep us posted on that.

Thank goodness they found the bladder infection and are treating you for it. This is all good!:thumb:

Oh and by the way maybe you could name your new knees "Cookie Monster and Elmo" to please your grandson.:th_heehee:
 
I like that, one of each! I'll have to talk to Daniel about that. James, the five year old heard us talking about this today and looking a little incredulous, asked if they could really do that, - no really, can they do that?
 
That is so funny and innocent! Ya gotta love the innocence of babes! Can you imagine when they get older they'll always know your knees as the "Cookie Monster and Elmo"? Awesome!:th_heehee:
 
Well, I know which one would be the monster - that dickens of a right knee, which knows no manners! :hysterical:
I wonder if they have Elmo slippers in adult sizes to wear home from the hospital?
 
I hope you have a great weekend! We have sunshine here in the northeast and I hope the weather is treating you well in Michigan!:thumb:
 
I'm nervous about tomorrow. Wish I could settle. Hubby was planning to golf tomorrow. I'm glad he figured out for himself that he should go with me. My gut feeling is that it isn't anything serious, but still...
 
Hi Janet....sending you lots of good wishes from the far far south. just think, with all the testing and repairs you are undergoing in anticipation of this, you should be good to go for several years to come. All tuned up under the hood, so to speak. I'll be thinking about you on June 4 (June 5th in my neighbourhood)
 
Janet, sweet that your hubby decided to go with you, it's always a tenseful time. I wish you the best and with my past experience they always get back to you with the result quickly, cause they know how stressful this is. I will have you on my mind and in my heart.:friends: Good luck kiddo, you have enough on you plate!:friends:
 
The mammo redo and ultrasound ended up with driving downtown and getting a biopsy before the morning was out. :DOH: Now the waiting... :what: Four days from routine mammo to biopsy, thank goodness there were so many kind, understanding people that went out of their way to get me in right away. Quite an interesting procedure, I must say.
 
Awe man, like there wasn't enough stress already!:console: I've been through three of those myself and have cheated cancer three time. Here's praying a great outcome. You will be on my mind and in my heart!:friends:
Please keep us updated! It is so fantastic that they were able to get this all done in one day and thank god you hubby was there with you!:wubroses:
 
The mammo redo and ultrasound ended up with driving downtown and getting a biopsy before the morning was out. :DOH: Now the waiting... :what: Four days from routine mammo to biopsy, thank goodness there were so many kind, understanding people that went out of their way to get me in right away. Quite an interesting procedure, I must say.

Janet, glad that they were able to get both done today and that your hubby was there with you. It's stressful enough on both of you. Being together definitely helps. You and your hubby continue in my thoughts and prayers about waiting, the results, and your upcoming surgery with Cookie Monster and Elmo. I like the names too. Your grandson will definitely have an interesting time with the whole journey.

Magrat (my right knee) is doing fairly well. Some of my friends are already asking me how Magrat is doing. :loll:

Hope that you both have a more relaxing evening and restful night.:friends:
 
Thanks Jacky and Becky. I'm a little tender, but guarding it and comfortable. I came home and got that underwire bra off asap as the wire hits right there. I have tanks with shelf bras that I'll be wearing this week. I'll tell you, it's a distraction from my knees!:rolleyespink:
 
Yea, distractions are good but we really don't need this type of distraction! Thank goodness you have tanks with self bras for added comfort. Here's wishing you the best my dear knee friend!:friends:
 
Hi Janet,
I pray that you get good news! I just had my yearly mammogram and was called to go back the next day for compression shots and ultrasounds. I got confused at the different concerns. The radiologist was great. She came in and read and talked to me while the technician was 'assaulting' me with the wand. (I STILL have circle bruises!) The radiologist told me that I had calcification in both breasts, but that looks the same as it did in previous fils, COLONIES of cysts, and something that she couldn't really tell what it was. She knew that it was inductal, but couldn't identify it. She said that she's so sure that it is benign, that she just wants to see it again at the beginning of September. I did make her back up and tell me about the colonies. I knew of a cyst tat they had been watching, but colonies???? 2? 3? 6? She laughed and said no many, many more than 6. I thought about seeing if I could come in for her to relook before September, but then I had resigned to the fact that my surgery wouldn't be until after my next follow-up. Now, as I posted, that will change. I was ready to have them BOTH removed. Reconstructed, perky ones would be welcome..... b00bs are so over rated, anyway. :hysterical:
All kidding aside, I'll be praying for you and will be watching for your GOOD news.
Peace and blessings!
 
Thanks Nyland, I know this is so common, but new for me. The doctor did say she is more worried about it than usual, but that if it is cancer, it's small and very treatable. But I get a lot of lumps and bumps elsewhere, so who knows. Having a colony would be disconcerting! :grouphug2:
 
[QUOTE=Janet2012;322078]The mammo redo and ultrasound ended up with driving downtown and getting a biopsy before the morning was out. :DOH: Now the waiting... :what: Four days from routine mammo to biopsy, thank goodness there were so many kind, understanding people that went out of their way to get me in right away. Quite an interesting procedure, I must say.[/QUOTE]

All the best to you Janet. Hope that everything turns out well and it is nothing serious. :thumb:
 
Janet, I'm so glad that your mammogram was before your surgery and that you will have your results before the weekend. Keep busy and know that we all care very much. My colonies didn't concern her in the least. I guess it just means that I am incredibly bumpy and lumpy, and dense. Go figure, the one place they WANT you to be a fatty!
 
Yes, hopefully you will still be on schedule with your TKR!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom