Guest viewing is limited

Journey started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That picture just made me remember a dream I had before the phone woke me this morning. All I can remember is I was being kept someplace and was forced to get on the scale, and I lost four pounds. Shucks, it was all a dream! But yum, thanks for the ice cream! :yes 4:
 
Nice pictures Jamie! DL, i feel like getting prepared and leaving no stone unturned calms me. Good thing I'm so prepared as a wrench was thrown into all of it. I had a breast biopsy on monday and am waiting for the results. I'm wondering what that means for my surgery. :hairpulling: Hope I come out of this kicking, literally!:dancy:

Janet - my very best positive thoughts are with you! Yes, waiting is always the worst! and anticipation is just as bad! All the best to you! and thank you for taking the time to answer me!
 
Ok, a little sore, and getting a little nervous. The last two days were okay because I knew they wouldn't call. The next two days I'll be on pins and needles. I actually need them to call tomorrow so I have the most time possible to sort things out if need be. Thanks for checking on me!

Janet:

I would also say that it's ok to call them too! Working in a hospital for so many years, I see many patients who are too afraid to advocate for themselves or afraid they may be a bother (not implying this is you at all)- all they can say is that the results aren't back yet! Just a thought!
 
Janet:

I would also say that it's ok to call them too! Working in a hospital for so many years, I see many patients who are too afraid to advocate for themselves or afraid they may be a bother (not implying this is you at all)- all they can say is that the results aren't back yet! Just a thought!

My doctor is very aware of the time sensitive nature of this and she said all the girls in the office are watching out for it, so hopefully it won't sit around overnight. If I don't hear anything, I may call tomorrow afternoon just to check. Thanks!
 
I haven't heard anything today, maybe tomorrow. I DO have something like hives going on however. A very red rash near the biopsy spot, and itching across my back and starting on my hips, legs, and hands. I talked to the biopsy nurse this morning, she had no idea and said to see if it went away. It's getting worse. I took a benedrill before bed last night. I would sure like to know what this means for my knee surgery. :scratch: Any ideas @Josephine:?
 
Hi Janet,
Did they leave the metal marker at the biopsy site? It could be a metal allergy or your body just reacting to something foreign. Just what you need tonight, right? I think that you deserve a nice glass of wine, a good book, and a bubble bath.
Definitely let the both the breast surgeon and your OS know about your hives. Benadryl is perfect!
Take care!
 
Jo may not be able to respond for a few days, so don't worry if it takes a while to hear from her. But....I suggest that if the rash is still visible and/or getting worse, that you get in to see your GP as soon as possible. You want to catch whatever it is early so you can get it resolved.
 
Hi Janet,
I found this about nickel allergies.
broken link removed: https://www.newsinferno.com/health-concerns/knee-replacement-patients-should-consider-nickel-allergies-before-surgery/37777
I bet the marker has nickel in it. You can be tested for metal allergies and make sure that your new knee doesn't have anything that you are allergic to...if that is in fact what it is. It could be nerves, too. You have been through a lot this week. It could also be from the antibiotics....it could be anything or absolutely nothing. Bless your heart!
 
Hi Janet,
I found this about nickel allergies.
broken link removed: https://www.newsinferno.com/health-concerns/knee-replacement-patients-should-consider-nickel-allergies-before-surgery/37777
I bet the marker has nickel in it. You can be tested for metal allergies and make sure that your new knee doesn't have anything that you are allergic to...if that is in fact what it is. It could be nerves, too. You have been through a lot this week. It could also be from the antibiotics....it could be anything or absolutely nothing. Bless your heart!

The marker is titanium, I believe. I'll take benedryl again tonight, see how it is tomorrow, and maybe send them pictures.
 
Janet, stay Kool girl, stay Kool! Call your doc tomorrow and set your mind at ease! You need to feel confident about your well being in order to go forward. You are under a lot of stress and understandably so! Call your GP and your GYN and get answers before the weekend so you can set your mind at rest.
 
I just opened the mail and they said the results were sent to my doctor, so I expect I'll hear something tomorrow.
 
Thank god it's before the weekend! I'm on pins and needles just like it was my own results! I hate this feeling, just as I'm sure you do! Best wishes to you my dear!:friends:
 
Hi Janet,
I found this about nickel allergies.
broken link removed: https://www.newsinferno.com/health-concerns/knee-replacement-patients-should-consider-nickel-allergies-before-surgery/37777 I bet the marker has nickel in it. You can be tested for metal allergies and make sure that your new knee doesn't have anything that you are allergic to...if that is in fact what it is. It could be nerves, too. You have been through a lot this week. It could also be from the antibiotics....it could be anything or absolutely nothing. Bless your heart!

No disrespect, Nyland, but as someone who does have metal sensitivities and has researched it in regards to nickel and other metals, that posted link is misleading. It states several presumptions as fact and it would not be right for someone searching this forum for information to use that site as an authoritative source on a metal sensitivity.

A skin sensitivity to metals may or may not correlate to a sensitivity to an implanted metal; the relationship is not well understood.

If a metal sensitivity is suspected, and testing is recommended, one should have a Lymphocyte Transformation Test (LTT), rather than a skin test. It measures the immune cells, lymphocytes, reaction to various tested metals. A positive reaction still would not positively correlate to a reaction to an implanted metal, it simply is not an area that has been researched enough yet. If an OS suspected a nickel allergy, however, the OS would probably recommend a nickel free implant just to be on the safe side.
 
Didn't mean to derail your thread Janet. :grouphug2:

Here's wishing you all good, great and fantastic news tomorrow!
 
Janet,
Thinking about you. I pray it is good news! :friends: I have a long day of meetings, but I will check on your thread as soon as I can.

Elisea,
Thanks for your great info. My first thought was that Janet was having a reaction to the marker, since it likely has nickel in it. I thought that chance may ease her mind, and not add to her worries. It is not at all my area of expertise, was just a hunch. :blush:
 
All Clear! :yay: I should feel more relieved. I tend to be great in an emergency situation and fall apart after the fact. But this is great news. I am concerned about this dermatitus reaction to no one knows what with little more than a week to go.

EDIT: Not so fast, maybe not all clear. Sample tissues were benign, but radiologist is advising an incisional biopsy now. Results were not in agreement with what they are expecting. I don't need this now.
 
Awe man.... That's exactly what I went through with my last biopsy! Scared the h-ll out of me!:hate-shocked: It turned out to be non-cancerous cells. They just wanted to make sure it was nothing. Here's praying that you get the same results! The good thing is that they get the results quickly. They know how all this effects our lives!:skeptical:
And, no you don't need this now!:arghh:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom