Guest viewing is limited

Journey started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Janet, you did fill the bill this week!:thumb: You go girl! It's getting close for both of us! I'll bet you're as excited as I am!
 
I'm getting there. The more ducks I get lined up, the better I feel about it. (no surprise there!) I feel like I can't be over prepared for this!
 
My tv watching chair butts up to the wall so it can't scootch around. I brought some extra paver bricks in today and we'll try out putting them under the legs of the chair so I can see how stable that is before It's critical. It would sure be easier than building a platform.
I used old encyclopedias, worked like magic. There's a pic in my recovery thread somewhere...
 
I used old encyclopedias, worked like magic. There's a pic in my recovery thread somewhere...

See, I knew there would have been a good reason to keep those encyclopedias! Got rid of them before a big move. The paver bricks worked well, but the footstool became a bigger problem. I finally gave in and got a power recliner. I'll be able to keep it around for an eventual hip replacement as well!
 
Janet, you might want to check with your OS about your dental work. My Dr. did not want me to have a cleaning within 2 weeks of surgery. It just came to mind when I read your post.

Girl, you are as ready as it gets:yes 4: Good luck:friends:
 
Janet, you might want to check with your OS about your dental work. My Dr. did not want me to have a cleaning within 2 weeks of surgery. It just came to mind when I read your post.

Girl, you are as ready as it gets:yes 4: Good luck:friends:

I think I read that all dental work had to be completed by the day before, but regardless, it will be three weeks, so should be okay. Thanks for the reminder, though.
 
I visited two other rehab places today, and gosh, I feel bad for people who don't have choices! So my list of four is down to a list of one. I had better get a spot there! At one place, the PT saw me walk into the room and stand there talking to him, and he said, "But why are you getting this done? You are doing fine!" What does he know about me and how I'm doing? I just told them I was doped up on pain meds for the occasion.

Oh, and on the way home I got rear ended at a red light. Except it was his rear end, and my front bumper. I kid you not, he put it in reverse and backed up into me! Now, a questionable situation, you might say. But as incredible chance would have it, a police car was on the side of the road, and this all took place right next to his open driverside window! My knees are fine, by the way.
 
Janet....hon, I must say life is never dull around YOUR house! Glad you are okay.
 
Janet Im glad you and your knees are ok, and that the police man saw the incident.
 
Janet, I'll keep my fingers crossed in hopes that you get in that rehab place. Boy, it sure is a challenge getting everything done without a hitch! Can you believe that PT person making an assumption about your reasoning for having this done. He/she sees you walk in and says that to you:what:!!! What should you have done, crawl in on all fours for god sakes! Good thing you walked away from that place! Hopefully you'll hear from the rehab place soon!

Good thing the police car was there because when someone gets a hit on the bumper it's automatically assumed by police and insurance companies that the person from behind is at fault. Twas your luck day! At least that went well for you, without knee damage!
 
The director of PT from my first choice place called me today to discuss the whole "Aggressive Therapy" issue. He was very nice and supportive of my concerns. We talked for 10 or 15 minutes. Anyway, I called the admissions person and got confirmed for my stay! Yeah!!
 
Went for my pre surgery physical and visit. Scheduling was a little off, so I was there for 3 1/2 hours going back and forth between offices down the hall from each other. This after getting my mammogram at a hospital in another city. I got up bumping into walls this morning with a touch of vertigo. It's been a long day. Just waiting for hubby to come home (late) from a business dinner before I crash.
 
Janet, vertigo is an awful feeling! You certainly did have a full day! Try and chill out. I know it's tough when you have so much on your mind. I hope your hubby is home by now, because if you're anything like me it will worry you that something happened to him on the road. And THAT will keep you awake if nothing else!

I think our vertigo comes from not breathing correctly when we're stressed. We need to take deep breathes, inhale, exhale! I so have a hard time with that as well. I hope you have a good nights sleep.:sleep:
 
He just got home. I haven't had vertico for years. It didn't get too bad today, other than when I bent down over the dishwasher and it sent me running to the bathroom.

Oh, and I told the surgeon that my 3 year old grandson and I had a talk, and I told him I would ask the doctor about getting Cookie Monster knees. He would also like me to get Elmo feet. :loll:
 
Great! Now everything is better!:friends: Now all you need is your results from your mammogram and you can breath normal again.:amen1: Wishing you a good nights sleep kiddo!
 
Well, I have a bladder infection and some asymmetry in the mammogram, so I have to go back for additional views and an ultrasound. Great! First appointment for the mammo was a week away, but talking to enough people and I got it moved up to Monday morning, because of the timing with surgery. On antibiotics for the infection. Just when I thought things were going along smoothly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom