Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting variation, Phil.

More progress - made 10 portions of turkey and leek pie and separate little pots of sauce. Also 10 portions of turkey and vegetable soup! Tomorrow some portions of cottage pie and at the weekend some of my own recipe of bolognaise sauce! So should be well set up in the food department.

Now just got to clean the house top to bottom, set up the bookshelf in the kitchen and stock it stuff!
That and a little laundry should do the trick!
Monday the toilet seats arrive and the tele-alert phone gets installed.

I'm going to be exhausted after all that!
Oh yes, almost forgot - the day before surgery I'm taking my car in for some bodywork repair. Some nice fellow shopper pranged it in the supermarket car park. it's going to cost me £500 to get it done! I'm leaving it with him while I'm in hospital.
 
Without any instructions to use Hibiclens or other pre-surgery cleansers, is it useful to still do it?
Well to be honest, I would do it if it wasn't required. I still might cheat and tick the diary anyway.

Would I really? Nah, don't think so!
 
Hi @Josephine Wishing you all the best for your upcoming date! I seemed to have lost privileges on my account, and as my surgery looms closer, need to get it organised, any ideas?

Why does it seems ages away till surgery, then all of a sudden its here and I'm still not organsied :scaredycat:

Our New Year is already 16 hours old!!! Happy New Year
 
I wasn't instructed to use any special cleansers or anything...no Mersa swab test either. I read hear how commonplace these things are, but didn't think to ask my doc about it. I did buy some antibacterial soap that I showered with for a few days before surgery. Figured it couldn't hurt. Everything turned out just fine.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Sudibar What privileges have you lost? You posted in here just fine.

Thanks for your good wished.
 
Those of you who are alert to post times will notice that I am writing this at 2.30 AM No idea why, I just don't feel sleepy. Which is amazing considering what I've done today
- cleared out a lot of clutter and 'stuff' from the kitchen - mostly moved it upstairs into the spare room
- deep cleaned the kitchen (I have a fair sized kitchen!)
- put my pine bookcase together (in the kitchen) ready for stores!

After that I was pooped. But I settled down to watch first Ben Hur (2hrs 22mins) and then Inn of the Sixth Happiness (2hrs 40mins) I seem to have got my second wind!

Anyway, off to bed now whether I feel like it or not. Got a lot to do tomorrow.

Night all!
 
@Sudibar What privileges have you lost? You posted in here just fine.

Thanks for your good wished.
Hi Josephine tks for quick reply, on my thread Anticipating BTKR comes up with, Thread status not open for further replies. and you have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Diane[emoji50]
 
Hi don't know u. But good luck on new knee. Xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum ❤️SonnysWife
 
Well Josephine you sound super organised & ready for this!! Turkey is featuring well for your post op meals!
Wishing you all the best for your op & awaiting your post op recovery thread with interest .....My twin sis is awaiting her date for 2nd TKR (she's had pre op nonsense).
Wishing you all the best for a great BoneSmart recovery....Chrissie xxx



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Those of you who are alert to post times will notice that I am writing this at 2.30 AM No idea why, I just don't feel sleepy.
I have noticed since my THR that if I have a very active day like you had I can't sleep well either. It's almost as if I am too tired. Leads to exhaustion unfortunately. Hope you are getting some much needed rest!
 
More progress - made 10 portions of turkey and leek pie and separate little pots of sauce. Also 10 portions of turkey and vegetable soup! Tomorrow some portions of cottage pie and at the weekend some of my own recipe of bolognaise sauce!
Do you ship to the US? :heehee:
 
@joslehine good luck. (((((Highs))))


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum ❤️SonnysWife
 
Turkey and Leak Pie. I WANT SOME!
Here's the recipe if you want!

I froze mine with uncooked pastry on the top.
Pouring the mixture through a fine sieve is absolutely crucial to having a nice pie.
I've also frozen little pots of the gravy/sauce to have with each pie. Fiddly but well worth the effort.

In addition, last night I made 4 portions of my own bolognaise sauce and 7 individual cottage pies. My concern now is that my freezer's so stuffed full with all this stuff, I have no shelf room to freeze my cups of water for the ice bucket! Guess my next job is to empty it and restack it, see if I can 'make' some room!

Today is cleaning day, laundry and sleep! I'm already exhausted with all this work!
 

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread status not open for further replies. and you have insufficient privileges to reply here.
@Sudibar we have a policy that all threads not posted in for 6 weeks or more are closed. Yours has been re-opened for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I also started using all this stuff for skin prep.
Body foam wasn't too bad but it stung my nether end as I have slight skin condition there.
It said on the leaflet 'there is no need to rinse it off' but I felt claggy and sticky so I did!
I have yet to try the nasal cream or do my hair.
But I did try the mouth wash and spend the next 5 minutes heaving over the sink - it tasted horrible. Won't be using THAT again! :sick:
 
@Sudibar we have a policy that all threads not posted in for 6 weeks or more are closed. Yours has been repoed for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I also started using all this stuff for skin prep.
Body foam wasn't too bad but it stung my nether end as I have slight skin condition there.
It said on the leaflet 'there is no need to rinse it off' but I felt claggy and sticky so I did!
I have yet to try the nasal cream or do my hair.
But I did try the mouth wash and spend the next 5 minutes heaving over the sink - it tasted horrible. Won't be using THAT again! :sick:

Thanks for the update about what those cleansers feel like. Was wondering about the foam because I remember reading someone on the forum a while ago describing how one of the things you're not supposed to do with Hibiclens is wash one's, shall we say, undercarriage with it, or the head and hair, and yet your foam said to use it from "top to toes." I was curious if the foam they gave you was some gentler yet equally sanitizing formula, but based on how it felt on your "nether end" maybe not so much!

Being up at all hours getting less sleep, it's rehearsal for all the sleep us January Jackpots are about to lose.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom