Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be sure to squeegee those doors
I don't squeegee - I have one of these! LOL!

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified
 
Catching up lately and didn't realize you were on deck. Well, enjoy the holidays and I hope this surgery and recovery is smooth and successful.
 
Josephine, I'm sure you're all prepared for your big day.

Will you be spending Christmas with family?

:merry christmas: :nativity::treestar: :kittychris:
 
Jo...this is the first time I've been able to see the photos. Oh my gosh, your bathroom is fabulous!!! You're right...definitely five star!!! Congratulations on getting it done so quickly.
 
Yep, it's battery operated vacuum squeegee! No streaks - terrific!

Celle, what family? :sad: It will be dinner for one, actually. I treated myself to a 14lb turkey. Free range, farm fresh so it cost a small fortune! But plenty to turn into soups and pies for my recovery period!

Speaking of which, went for my pre-op today. All the usual. They're actually really well organised there - a whole department and everything organised like clockwork. Plus the phlebotomist was a girl after my own heart - never even felt the needle tickle my skin!

On departure I got my 'prep pack'!

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified


And my prep diary!!

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified


Apparently I have to submit this on admission for their approval!
What's to stop people just filling it in and handing it in anyway?

I'm also not sure when I should start and stop this 'treatment' as it just says 'for five days'!
See. even I have questions to be answered!
 
Wow Jo, that pre-op treatment seems like major overkill to me. I didn't even have to wash with the Hibiscrub pre RTHR. Instructions were to shower on the day - that's it! And you are right, what's to stop anyone from just filling in the form. But I guess they may take second swabs on the day.
Yep, it's battery operated vacuum squeegee! No streaks - terrific!
Too late to ask Santa for this but it's on my list!
 
I'm also not sure when I should start and stop this 'treatment' as it just says 'for five days'!
See. even I have questions to be answered!

Argh, hope there's an answer because it does seem curious that the protocol would want all this daily purification, but then let some days lapse for a body to reacquire germs before surgery.
 
Like Jaycey, I was given no cleansing instructions pre-op. I read about Hibiclens on this site and did use it but that was something I did on my own. The only prep I had to do, received instructions for, was stop taking NSAIDs and supplements 7-10 days prior to surgery.
 
Jo, I haven't been on the board for quite a while but when I saw your post about your up-coming surgery I just had to post to let you know how much I appreciated you and your advice before and after my surgery in July, 2013. My surgeon was not very informative at all but you and all of the Bonesmarties saw me through! I had so many questions and someone always had an answer! This is a wonderful service and I tell all of my friends contemplating joint replacement to check it out. I hope everything goes well for you. I will pray for you, my friend. Joyce
 
Hello. I wanted to wish you good luck with the new knee, you will so rock this ... we are here for you just like you are for us
 
Great photos showing your newly remodeled bathroom. It's good to have a visual of the types of things we might want in a bathroom after a TKR/THR. For instance, the grab bar at an angle rather than at 90 degrees. Good for hanging on to but also seems easier on the hands when grabbing.

And the attached to the wall shampoo containers; great idea. No fumbling with trying to manage shampoo bottles!
 
Hi Jo, Just popped on after many, many months to see if there is to be a New Years Eve Party theis year and saw this post first. So pleased you are going to be able to get that knee replaced. Just 8 dys to go now eh? Want you to know I will be thinking of you on the 7th, as I so often think of you throughout the year. I am sure all will go well. lets hope the recovery will be as quick as the first TKR. I will call soon you when you are home to see how you are doing. Hope to be over in the Old Country in April but don't think we will be up North this time :sad: Take care of yourself dear lady :friends: :loveshwr:Your shower looks great by the way I took a peek:)
 
Yep, it's battery operated vacuum squeegee! No streaks - terrific!
Thanks for the tip Jo! l bought one of these and it's terrific! Our farmhouse is grade 2 listed meaning we have single pane windows that have condensation. This thing is great!

Not long now Jo!
 
Like Jaycey, I was given no cleansing instructions pre-op. I read about Hibiclens on this site and did use it but that was something I did on my own. The only prep I had to do, received instructions for, was stop taking NSAIDs and supplements 7-10 days prior to surgery.

Can confirm the same thing here. My pre-op interview only included instructions to stop all supplements and meds except for the Losartan I take for high BP, and I'm only to take that on the day of surgery with a tiny sip of water. No joint class, no sterilizing of my body, no provided cleaning kit, so I'll just have a shower and off we go.
 
Interesting about the differences in pre-op instructions. I had my pre-op visit yesterday and the instructions were to shower before hand and take special care to make sure feet are clean (there were of course the pre-pre-op instructions about meds etc.... to stop beforehand). Without any instructions to use Hibiclens or other pre-surgery cleansers, is it useful to still do it?
 
I managed to go to a pre-surgery orientation "class" at the hospital I chose to use this time. The nurse who gave the presentation asked everyone who their doctor was and as she described what needed to be done it varied by doctor. With an OS I did not use, as an example, you have to be there 2 hours early and there is some testing that he does before surgery (I forget what) among some other things that he wants done even a few days before surgery. With my OS you just have to be there 1 1/2 hours before scheduled surgery and of course get surgical approval from one's PCP within a couple of weeks prior to one's date. The PCP coordinates that process should one need to see other doctors or have other tests done.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom