Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on Bonesmart for a few months and thought I'd stop by to start the New Year off. Jo, I see you are about to have your other knee done. My best wishes to you for a successful surgery and an uneventful and smooth recovery!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
It said on the leaflet 'there is no need to rinse it off' but I felt claggy and sticky so I did!
Gosh, I would think anyone with the slightest sensitivity should not leave that stuff on. I could not either.
But I did try the mouth wash and spend the next 5 minutes heaving over the sink
Guess you need a mixer with it! :heehee:
 
Wednesday is coming fast, sounds like you are prepared. Not liking reading about all the pre op prep you are doing, sounds yuckky.
Wishing for you an uneventful surgery and recovery,
 
Jo, at the first pre op the nurse spent a long time telling me how to use the Hibiclens---the five days before surgery. I forgot the bottle and left it on her desk---she never called and I never used it. All turned out well, however. When I got there the nurse said, did you use the Hibiclens and I nodded my head---did not want to actually lie with my voice!!! When she left, Bob turned to me and said, My, my you lie like a champ!!

I am sure everything will turn out well, but just relax and let life happen for a little while before surgery. Inn of the Sixth Happiness? I saw that when I was a child---that is an oldie!!!
 
I was curious if the foam they gave you was some gentler yet equally sanitizing formula, but based on how it felt on your "nether end" maybe not so much!
Actually, it's quite gentle. I have a skin condition 'down there' so am very cautious about soaps and such, but this was okay - almost soothing in fact. As for using in on my hair, it was just like putting water on it. No after effects at all.

But I just had a thought - I haven't used soap on my face at night for years so I haven't been using this on my face! Guess I better change that tonight!

I also took a driving assessment this morning, due to my having reached the ripe old age of 73! It was done by an examiner from the Institute of Advance Motorists so expected it to be quite stringent. But we drove around for about an hour after which he gave me a big smile and pronounced that I was an excellent and very safe driver! Coo-ool!
 
Josephine best wishes for the speediest of recoveries and thank you for the immense help and support that you have given me and all of those on bonesmart.....:prayer:
 
Hope u are doing ok. Just nosing in the post! Am I read correctly are u have sugury today??
 
Congratulations on your successful driving assessment. It's nice to know that although you won't be driving for a few weeks, you are safe to do so as soon as your doctor allows you to again.
Wishing you all the best for Wednesday, and I'm sure you are very welcome to join @suedobie and me at Van Hage anytime you can get down to this part of the world.
 
With the time difference I thought I should give you my good luck wishes now, so I don't miss you tomorrow. I'm sure all will go well. Be sure to keep us posted on your recovery adventure.
 
Thank you @Ellejay and Sue. Might just do that.

Had a minor meltdown today - Social Services Equipment Depo phoned to say they've not yet received the requisition for the toilet frames and therefore I won't be getting them delivered tomorrow! She seemed remarkably disinterested in what I should do next but -I suppose - at least she was kind enough to let me know. But she did this at 4.56pm so by the time I disengaged from her and phoned the hospital to speak to the OT, they'd all gone home!

I am so cross. This is what happened last time when I was in surgery on Tuesday and supposed to go home on Saturday but the physios wouldn't let me be discharged because my house wasn't 'safe'! I really didn't need the darned things anyway (toilet frames). This time I am in surgery Wednesday and home on Friday so have Buckley's chance of getting them delivered before the weekend. But I am NOT going to stay in hospital an extra 5 days like I did last time just because of this. If the physios try to block me again, I shall simply take my own discharge! So there!
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified
 
Oh that's such bad planning on their part, it's also so unfair that regulations are so different in different Health Authorities. Both times I was refused a toilet frame, I was told hips needed them, not knees. After two days of finding life very difficult after knee number one, my husband went out to obtain one from anywhere, and he wasn't going to come home without it! For this recent second knee, husband went into the loft to find the frame, and I haven't needed it once, this knee started life bending so well. I'm sure there must be one closer to you, but in the absence of that, if there is an easy way of getting it to you, you are welcome to borrow it. Or you can show them a picture of it and tell them it's at your house, and just hope that you don't need it - you rebel :rotfl:.
All the best, thinking of you, xx
 
Congrats on your driving test result Sis -
but we knew you would pass with flying colours anyway!



I just love this from Skigirls post - seems quite appropriate with your op date fast approaching.
"just relax and let life happen for a little while before surgery"
do you think you can do that?
..........................................
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified









.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom